NEWS: Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK

Divination

Novice Member
So they finally announce it. Sadly this will be competing against next years soundbars which could match/beat the specs.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I think they are late to the market, when you can now get the LG SN11 RG for £749, is the Klipsch 1200 really that much better when factoring in the big price difference?
@lgans316 your thoughts? Still going for this?

On paper, 1200 is arguably the best soundbar system despite it not being 7.1.4. Its 5.1.4 out of the box but can be turned into 5.2.4 (additional wireless/wired sub).

The sub is 12 inch and has a rated lowest frequency of 22 Hz. The soundbar is as wide as the widest LG SN11.

The bar supports Atmos and LPCM but not DTS which is a shame. Let's see how this pans out.

Rizvan

On paper, 1200 is arguably the best soundbar system despite it not being 7.1.4. Its 5.1.4 out of the box but can be turned into 5.2.4 (additional wireless/wired sub).

The sub is 12 inch and has a rated lowest frequency of 22 Hz. The soundbar is as wide as the widest LG SN11.

The bar supports Atmos and LPCM but not DTS which is a shame. Let's see how this pans out.
I think you should go down the AVR route and speakers ..... as good as sound bars are, they are always a compromise in some key areas.
I am going to be running the Audyssey MultEQ iOS app on my setup today to improve it even further ;)

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
I think they are late to the market, when you can now get the LG SN11 RG for £749, is the Klipsch 1200 really that much better when factoring in the big price difference?
@lgans316 your thoughts? Still going for this?

It's never too late if it means more choice for the consumer. There are not that many Atmos soundbar set-ups with rear speakers in a *.*.4 configuration.

The sub looks to be substantially better than the competition. At the price point or at least members here, I'm sure thats something worth looking at as my Samsung one is very easily overwhelmed.

Is there any info for HDMI inputs? My guess is Klipsch would muck this up and having only one. If this has two then I'm buying this over anything from Samsung

I think you should go down the AVR route and speakers ..... as good as sound bars are, they are always a compromise in some key areas.
I am going to be running the Audyssey MultEQ iOS app on my setup today to improve it even further ;)

his argument happens on every sound bar thread. NOT EVERYONE WANTS AN AVR!

Where my TV goes, there is no room for speakers, let alone ones with Atmos capability. I can't be bothered with running cables when I have perfectly placed wall sockets. For the price your stretching to get a .4 Atmos with up fires (I ain't putting speakers on the living room ceiling).

Look, AVR are the best way, I had one: the HMDI inputs, better sound on 2.0/TV feeds, room equalisation (big bonus), can choose your speakers and sub. Brilliant.

However while sound bars will always be a compromise, those compromises are essential for some people.

daft009

Novice Member
Really looking forward to hearing the cinema 1200

Seems on paper the best unit to give the AVR route a run for sound quality

barkzz

It's never too late if it means more choice for the consumer. There are not that many Atmos soundbar set-ups with rear speakers in a ..4 configuration.

The sub looks to be substantially better than the competition. At the price point or at least members here, I'm sure thats something worth looking at as my Samsung one is very easily overwhelmed.

Is there any info for HDMI inputs? My guess is Klipsch would muck this up and having only one. If this has two then I'm buying this over anything from Samsung

his argument happens on every sound bar thread. NOT EVERYONE WANTS AN AVR!

Where my TV goes, there is no room for speakers, let alone ones with Atmos capability. I can't be bothered with running cables when I have perfectly placed wall sockets. For the price your stretching to get a .4 Atmos with up fires (I ain't putting speakers on the living room ceiling).

Look, AVR are the best way, I had one: the HMDI inputs, better sound on 2.0/TV feeds, room equalisation (big bonus), can choose your speakers and sub. Brilliant.

However while sound bars will always be a compromise, those compromises are essential for some people.

Could not agree more with this. There is a compelling case for the flexibility it brings. Soundbar tech has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years, to the point where if you are happy to compromise, good quality, room filling audio can still be achieved with certain caveats. I too had a full AVR setup, but on moving house, due to room layout it just wasn't practical to persist that any longer.

Divination

Novice Member
The rtings review of the 600 sounds very promising considering it is being compared with the Sonos Arc (which the 800 should surpass, let alone the 1200).

outoftheknow

There was another thread with a long early discussion on DTS and LPCM support for the 1200 in particular

that page had the “final” information about DTS X support but to be honest we still don’t know definitively until somebody has one and tries it. Why the manufacturer hasn’t put this to bed better than a private FB page is hard to understand. Support or not is a decision they make and live with. Maybe they are still wavering and looking at public comments on sites like this.......

daft009

Novice Member
There was another thread with a long early discussion on DTS and LPCM support for the 1200 in particular

that page had the “final” information about DTS X support but to be honest we still don’t know definitively until somebody has one and tries it. Why the manufacturer hasn’t put this to bed better than a private FB page is hard to understand. Support or not is a decision they make and live with. Maybe they are still wavering and looking at public comments on sites like this.......
I think the manual linked above is concrete enough

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom