News: JVC unveils new NZ9, NZ8 and NZ7 laser projectors

I poked around reviews and forums last night and couldn't find much of anything other than folks like us asking why it's not included and if it could be added. Guess we'll see.

I agree that it's a peculiar omission and a bit of a requirement with 120, but the new Epson seems to be doing the same, so maybe it's some sort of projector specific issue or they have some form of a workaround?

Sony had promised it for PS5 and still hasn't updated it after over a year, so it must be a challenging feature.

They know better than us. Maybe its a tech limitation but being polite and explaining why would have been nicer

They know better than us. Maybe its a tech limitation but being polite and explaining why would have been nicer
Maybe they don't know why, so by being rude they make sure people don't ask more questions they can't answer.

Have anyone here ever gotten a straight answer from JVC ?

That is a typical JVC behavior sadly, they could have gotten around that in a much more welcoming and polite manner.

Just enjoy what you got, is the JVC motto.
Ya I've heard that before, but I've only ever had one other interaction with them. I had inquired about warranty on a used JVC projector last year and they were surprisingly accommodating and friendly in contrast to the response I received to this inquiry.
Yes, I have no issue with not having the answer, but a little customer service goes a long way. All good though, it's just one rep in one office.
Maybe they don't know why, so by being rude they make sure people don't ask more questions they can't answer.

Have anyone here ever gotten a straight answer from JVC ?
Lol, now there's a strategy!

I think you're right, they don't have an answer essentially. I flipped an email back thanking them for their response and just mentioned in a friendly way that their marketing seems to contradict the response.

Are you serious? Isn't that a bit rude?

The achilles heel of the NZ-line is no EARC and no VRR: two integral HDMI 2.1 features.

Fine not to offer them, but well within reason for a customer to ask if there is any scope for them to be added at a later date if possible.

As you said, if this is just a HT projector when they start showing off 4K, 120hz and people gaming on them all the time?
EARC with no internal players and limited to two HDMI inputs seems a pretty inconsequential loss for the 99%.

EARC with no internal players and limited to two HDMI inputs seems a pretty inconsequential loss for the 99%.

It’s a pain for gamers who want to use the 4K/120 but don’t want to pay for an entirely new hdmi 2.1 avr which is a minefield where the best brands still haven’t dabbled into it

So normally hook htpc to hdmi 2 earc over to avr full fidelity sound

The reps response was that these are high end home theatre projectors not designed for gaming and that if that was what I wanted I should have bought a different projector... interesting response considering the heavy 4k120 marketing and that only ever being beneficial to gamers.
Don't show him the JVC website :)

Untitled.jpeg

Also probably from someone who doesn’t have a home cinema and can’t afford or justify buying any NZ projector

Don't show him the JVC website :)

View attachment 1639462
To their credit, I got a much friendlier response yesterday after following up and pointing out this marketing, but I can tell they're really not all that familiar with the product. Not unusual with a lot of reps or sales people.

Spotted a damn good price on ebay for an NZ7. Those of you looking might be tempted, depending on where you are from.........

FWIW I contacted the seller in germany, if you are not in the EU they remove the local tax the price is 8399.00 Euro and the shipping charges are 138.50 Euro sent to a country like one in Scandinavia outside the EU and the best part is they offer JVC 2 year warranty. Even after local taxes and import charges the savings is huge compared to the price I would have to pay where I am👍
Spotted a damn good price on ebay for an NZ7. Those of you looking might be tempted, depending on where you are from.........

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Still a bit out of my price range unfortunately, but if I had the funds I think I would probably take a punt on one. That's a big saving then on UK price. Probably around what £8,800?

If nobody buys this new series for the next 6 months, im sure they will lower prices:thumbsup:

Unlikely, I’m a manufacturing producer in a different industry but I have been hit with unbelievable hikes in transport, raw material costs increasing wage costs plus electricity rises ( which look like they will get even higher ) I have had no option but to increase my prices which will probably not be the last. The world has changed in the last 2 years and I don’t think it will go back, if anything these are more likely to go up in price just like everything else. If people do not buy they are more likely to reduce output along with long term investment all businesses are under pressure with rising costs and no business is going to make products that loose money. Street retailers are also suffering from the general increases and not just from the products they supply lowering their margins again they can only trade if the returns are there.

Just my thoughts on the subject it’s very easy to produce a finished product price on something you perceive, in practice manufacturing is not that straightforward.

M

FWIW I contacted the seller in germany, if you are not in the EU they remove the local tax the price is 8399.00 Euro and the shipping charges are 138.50 Euro sent to a country like one in Scandinavia outside the EU and the best part is they offer JVC 2 year warranty. Even after local taxes and import charges the savings is huge compared to the price I would have to pay where I am👍
This is my dealer too. Watch out.
FYI, when I ordered my rs3000 he delivered nine to ten months later.
I have preordered the rs4100 from him. When I put the preorder he said JVC told him we are on track for early December deliveries.
Of course that didn't happen. He keeps postponing saying "JVC will have news in a few days".

Still a bit out of my price range unfortunately, but if I had the funds I think I would probably take a punt on one. That's a big saving then on UK price. Probably around what £8,800?
I agree on the price still being high and that is why I have asked them if they are getting the NP5 in around march/april. Not a laser or 8k but a lot cheaper and a upgrade over the N5.

This is my dealer too. Watch out.
FYI, when I ordered my rs3000 he delivered nine to ten months later.
I have preordered the rs4100 from him. When I put the preorder he said JVC told him we are on track for early December deliveries.
Of course that didn't happen. He keeps postponing saying "JVC will have news in a few days".
That is interesting. I asked about the 40 day shipping delay and they told me that the next shipment from JVC is expected in march/april. Looks like covid is causing manufacturing and shipping delays world wide.

If nobody buys this new series for the next 6 months, im sure they will lower prices:thumbsup:
I wish.... The only 2 NZ7s for sale where I am have been in stock for a month now but no one has taken the bait, but that is not surprising with a price tag of 12,900.00 Euro.... no wonder I am considering ebay.

That is interesting. I asked about the 40 day shipping delay and they told me that the next shipment from JVC is expected in march/april. Looks like covid is causing manufacturing and shipping delays world wide.

All I can say is that he cannot be trusted. I have zero problem providing you with communication that proves it.

All I can say is that he cannot be trusted. I have zero problem providing you with communication that proves it.
I believe you... and thanks for the heads up over this seller👍 I am thinking it would be best to wait until it is in stock and ready to ship. Not too thrilled over having to wait 2 to 3 months for something that may or may not be available.

Is the DTM on the NZ series improved/tweaked from the NX line software? I had some issues on my N7 using frame-by-frame DTM in certain scenes. Bright objects like skies or windows would fluctuate in brightness, when there was also dark areas in the scene. This was so disturbing and an ugly artefact that I mostly choose not to use DTM at all.

Is the DTM on the NZ series improved/tweaked from the NX line software? I had some issues on my N7 using frame-by-frame DTM in certain scenes. Bright objects like skies or windows would fluctuate in brightness, when there was also dark areas in the scene. This was so disturbing and an ugly artefact that I mostly choose not to use DTM at all.
Is it also a problem when running scene by scene? and is your baseline calibration ok?

Are you sure this wasn’t caused by the dynamic iris instead? It would be worth trying again with the DI disabled, if you were using it. Not using DTM at all is a bit extreme. Did you get the same artifacts with scene by scene DTM?

Is it also a problem when running scene by scene? and is your baseline calibration ok?
Yes the projector had been calibrated with Autocal. Scene by scene was better, but then it was never constantly adjusting
Are you sure this wasn’t caused by the dynamic iris instead? It would be worth trying again with the DI disabled, if you were using it. Not using DTM at all is a bit extreme. Did you get the same artifacts with scene by scene DTM?
Yes I tried with disabled iris also, same issue. Depending on content, I saw this about 3-5 times during each movie. It's not easy to explain exactly in detail, but when it occured, the bright areas began to changing brightness level, about every other second, or two seconds.

Anyway, the N7 is sold now and a NZ8 is coming in very soon. These scenes are the very first thing I am going to try out. I'm still very curious about the DTM on the NZ-line. Doesnt seem to be any official word from JVC if it's improved or the same one.

Last edited:
Stock situation seems to be the same everywhere atm for NZ series.
The distributor was told "Jan" for my NZ8, but still nothing from JVC... Previous weeks seem to have been a pretty stable delivery of 1-2 units every week, but since two weeks back nothing. Did something happen with deliveries in EU I wonder..?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom