NEWS: JVC projector upgrade optimises HDR for free

Steve Withers

Reviewer
As a happy N7 owner I'm delighted by this news. I was wondering how JVC could make the performance any better, but tailoring the HDR Frame Adapt to the screen size, gain and room makes perfect sense.

Stridsvognen

Why not just add the measured light on screen to the tonemapping, would think thats simpler, and better?

THX1138UK

It’s great to see JVC enhancing existing products via consumer accessible firmware updates, and providing longevity in their models.

I have an RS440 (X5900) that I’m very, very happy with, but it did seem with previously models that you had to buy a new model just to get a slightly enhanced annual software update.

Regards,

James.

stevos

Distinguished Member
It seems to me that sooner or later projectors are going to have some form of basic light meter that you place in the sitting position similar to audyssey and that will then set it all up. I assume with support for more advanced meters for the custom install guys.

IanW

Love my N7, cannot wait to see how JVC make amazing, even more amazing!! :clap::thumbsup:

DB9S

As a Sony owner on the (apparently failed) promise of DTM, I am very jealous. And if I didn't have a light source that lasts for many years, I would definitely go for a JVC over my Sony now.
Just for the real improvements being made available for free, even though I love the stable laser light.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom