NEWS: JVC announces LX-NZ3 4K laser projector

Why does JVC bother delivering products like this? It seems they have given up delivering an LCOS projector below the N5 pricepoint.

seems an odd one - did anyone buy the lamp based version of this? don't think I ever saw a review of the LX-UH1. I am guessing £5k plus as it will presumably be dearer than the optoma UHZ65?

The tone mapping sounds good, but the rest a little strange...

An affordable Z1 replacement is the laser product we want from JVC

its not going to be close to a z1 replacement - its an optoma uhz65 competitor with better placement flexibility - still cant be a bad thing - just hope some decent full reviews come out

aren't we still waiting for the N7 full review on this site?

It will probably be using the same chip as the Benq 2700 & 5700 (The 5700 has all the same lens features as the JVC) however there is no mention of WCG which the Benq’a achieve.

As to price then Acer produced a laser DLP with the larger 0.66 chip for £3500 so it may not be as expensive as you would think. (Just don’t expect the black levels of LCOS)

Bill

Excitement turned to instant dismay as soon as I realised it's just another rainbow generator.
The wait continues for affordable native 4k LCOS/SXRD/LCD laser projection.

Excitement turned to instant dismay as soon as I realised it's just another rainbow generator.

Where did they say it's a DLP machine? It says 'laser projector' I think that's not a DLP technology inside. :)
Also It will have full lens shift so don't think this is a DLP based, but I could be wrong...

BTW I owned '4K' DLP machines and after those and cried back my old 1080P LCD and LCOS projectors so really hope this JVC won't be something like nowadays 'affordable 4K' DLP projectors...

It clearly says "Device: 0.47“ DMD". Which is Texas Instruments DLP chip.

Ah okay. Thanks for clarification. :)

Then i try to avoid these chips as well... :D

It will probably be using the same chip as the Benq 2700 & 5700 (The 5700 has all the same lens features as the JVC) however there is no mention of WCG which the Benq’a achieve.

As to price then Acer produced a laser DLP with the larger 0.66 chip for £3500 so it may not be as expensive as you would think. (Just don’t expect the black levels of LCOS)

Bill

JVC like all companies are wanting to shift volume which is what this product will do, kind of surprised it’s running the 0.47 chip after all the benefits recently discuss about the 0.66 chip.

Knowing JVC I am sure they have a perfectly good reason for this and it will perform competitively against its real rivals.

I am sure it will be better than the optoma uhz65 but it will still have all the limitations of single chip dlp models even if there is a laser and JVC on the box

I doubt if any of the enthusiasts on here will be truly excited until we see a native 4K JVC at N7 prices but I still think we are a fair amount of time away from seeing that sadly

$3699 sounds promising but will be more like £4k I suspect given the exchange and vat to be added to USA prices which never have sales tax added

I never really understood why we never saw UK magazine/website reviews of the lamp based version of this machine

or why we still havent really seen any reliable reviews of the N5/7 or NX9 yet - had my N5 a while now (5 months) so had expected to see more than an initial view on this forum by now

Which is what I'm waiting for before I consider upgrading. Eagerly awaiting announcement of this year's Sonys and hoping it manages to get something to match the VW760 out for under 9K.

Will be interesting to see how this compares against the laser BenQ and Optoma and then against the current batch of Native 4Ks though as always it’s DLP contrast will be its downfall.

I seen the first lamp based one, looked quite nice except the black level was horible.

I never see rainbows, so for people that is not bothered by DLP rainbows, ill think this could be a competition to the Epson laser projectors, better resolution, motion and no convergence issues. And most likely not significantly worse on off contrast.

I saw this projector on display at CEDIA yesterday. It's almost ready for primetime. JVC is just finishing the final firmware for the production run.

If the street price is a bit more reasonable than list, this should be a pretty nice laser light DLP projector. Color, brightness, and black level seemed quite good given the limitations of DLP micro-mirror technology (the best I've seen from a .47 DMD chip so far given the more precise control a laser system can bring to the table). Sharp imagery and nice detail with the 4k HDR source material being played. It does indeed have HDR tone mapping included and is compatible with HDR10 flavors and HLG. The laser engine is expected to last the life of the projector.

I saw this projector on display at CEDIA yesterday. It's almost ready for primetime. JVC is just finishing the final firmware for the production run.

If the street price is a bit more reasonable than list, this should be a pretty nice laser light DLP projector. Color, brightness, and black level seemed quite good given the limitations of DLP micro-mirror technology (the best I've seen from a .47 DMD chip so far given the more precise control a laser system can bring to the table). Sharp imagery and nice detail with the 4k HDR source material being played. It does indeed have HDR tone mapping included and is compatible with HDR10 flavors and HLG. The laser engine is expected to last the life of the projector.

OT: Was there anything new from Optoma at Cedia 2019

Bill

OT: Was there anything new from Optoma at Cedia 2019

Bill
There was a living room ultra-short throw, table-top 4k DLP with laser light projector model that looked better than Epson's effort in this field. That's about it for now.

first review of this PJ I have seen - I think the ups and downs are predictable but could be a winner in the right room/usage

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom