NEWS: JBL Synthesis announces new AV processor and receiver for 2022

t-force

Hmmmm... this would definitely seem to suggest a reasonable price difference between the HDMI 2.0 units, and the forthcoming 2.1s. I wonder if we'll see the same thing with the Arcam models.

Krobar

Hmmmm... this would definitely seem to suggest a reasonable price difference between the HDMI 2.0 units, and the forthcoming 2.1s. I wonder if we'll see the same thing with the Arcam models.
A price increase for the HDMI 2.1 models is expected for Arcam too. Looks like the new card will be 8 in, 2 out all HDMI 2.1. No confirmation on the bandwidth but uncompressed 8K needs at least 32gbps and I suspect these card will be 40gbps like most of this years products.

t-force

I was definitely expecting an increase. It was the fact that they're keeping both 2.0 and 2.1 models around which made me think that the increase might be bigger that people had been anticipating/hoping.

PaulDavidThomas

I don't really care about 2.1 so hopefully they will lower the price point of the existing kit.... Ahhh.. I can dream.

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I don't really care about 2.1 so hopefully they will lower the price point of the existing kit.... Ahhh.. I can dream.

The article does say the 55 will stay in production until 2022, so perhaps early 22 when Richer sounds pick up the leftovers would be time to jump !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom