NEWS: iFi Audio unveils Micro iDSD Signature DAC

Available only in a limited number, the iFi Micro iDSD Signature will be shipping later this month from selected retailers, at an RRP of £649.
The colour is limited edition, or the actual product is limited edition?

If the latter, why?!.

The colour is limited edition, or the actual product is limited edition?

If the latter, why?!.

Hi there - the product is a limited edition. We have lots of people who love the micro iDSD BL but wanted simplified functionality so we decided to oblige and see how it goes. Plus we have loads of stuff in the works.

Hi,
I have a pair of Abyss Diana Phi headphones and the ifi xCan.
Im considering the Chord Hugo2 and also the iDsd Signature now also.
Can you advise the differences between the BL and the Signature.
1 - The Signature is obviously new and a slight raise in cost, so just trying to understand if this will drive the Phi well?
2 - Actual release date to dealers and Amazon?
TIA.

Last edited:
Hi,
1 - The Signature is obviously new and a slight raise in cost, so just trying to understand if this will drive the Phi well?
TIA.

Hi there. Thanks for the message. I'm just checking with our Tech Team re the Diana etc. It should be on sale from 31st November. I'll revert with the other info asap.

Hi,
TIA.

Hi there - the micro iDSD Sig should have no problem driving the Dianas. These are 32-ohm headphones with 91dB so should be no problem in our experience. The Sig is different from the BL with the Pentaconn as this is more convenient to use, it has our S-Balanced tech, it's easier to charge, has improved functionality and a performance boost. I hope this helps? Thanks.

Hello everybody.

I have question about MQA native decoder.
Do any of portable amps/dacs have MQA native decoder ?

Thank you.

@iFi audio I think the answer is "no dice",

With the PS5 dropping optical, so headphone users have to go the DuslSense 3.5mm cable route or else invest in wireless USB headphones offered by Sony and third parties,

The internet and early user testing suggests the PS5 (like PS4) supports USB Audio Class 1 DACs only.

I think the Micro iDSD and Neo iDSD are both USB Audio Class 2 so will not be recognised by the PS5 as USB DACs but please confirm?

Last edited:
Hello everybody.

I have question about MQA native decoder.
Do any of portable amps/dacs have MQA native decoder ?

Thank you.

Hi Jolo,

Thank you for you comment/ question.

Yes, we do have portable amps & DAC which have MQA native decoders. They include the Pro iDSD and our new NEO iDSD.

I hope this helps and thank you again for your comment :)

With the PS5 dropping optical, so headphone users have to go the DuslSense 3.5mm cable route or else invest in wireless USB headphones offered by Sony and third parties,

The internet and early user testing suggests the PS5 (like PS4) supports USB Audio Class 1 DACs only.

I think the Micro iDSD and Neo iDSD are both USB Audio Class 2 so will not be recognised by the PS5 as USB DACs but please confirm?

Hey Steven,

Many thanks for your question. Our tech team are looking into this matter as we speak and as soon as we know more, we will share with you! :)

Hi Steven,

If you'd like to use one of our DAC's with the new consoles, you can do this by extracting the audio data from HDMI via one of many available audio extractors, such as this Astro 1: Amazon product ASIN B00MWRZFP4
I hope this helps :)

Just want to says thanks to the folks at Positive Feedback. Many of our products have featured in their Brutus Awards for 2020.

Dr David W Robinson put his vote behind our micro iDSD Signature (and our Aurora!)

iFi_Audio_micro_iDSD.jpg

Read more here: Impressions: Robinson's Brutus Awards for 2020, Part the Fifth and Final...Including the Music!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom