NEWS: iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp

Stylisticly reminds me of an old guitar pedal. Can't decide if I like that or not...

Looking at the specs I think there needs to be a lower gain setting for sensitive in ear monitors. No objection to a portable device able to drive demanding Beyers or Planars. Nice marketing opportunity there. Seems odd not to allow more volume range for sensitive earphones

Stylisticly reminds me of an old guitar pedal. Can't decide if I like that or not...

Hey NightmanCometh,

Thank you for your comment. We’re not quite sure how to compare the both, but thank you :) We do like to stand out from the crowd ;)

Looking at the specs I think there needs to be a lower gain setting for sensitive in ear monitors. No objection to a portable device able to drive demanding Beyers or Planars. Nice marketing opportunity there. Seems odd not to allow more volume range for sensitive earphones

Hey Steven,

Thanks you for your comment! :)

The Diablo is a great substitute for our IEMatch because of it's power output that is designed for sensitive products in general.

It's also beneficial because it increases the battery life of the Diablo due to the less power used. Eco has 12, normal has 9, turbo has 6.

iFi_Diablo_iDSDSignature_Chart_03-02.png

Just one for the Diablo fans to compare with our very own micro series ;)

Last edited:
I like red but that is ugly!
“Oneman’s “ugly” is another man’s “beautiful.” We were asked by hundreds of customers to go direction fiery red this time and the majority of the people seem to enjoy it. @fordster , what is your suggestion for the shades of red which would go well with the future iFi products?

“Oneman’s “ugly” is another man’s “beautiful.” We were asked by hundreds of customers to go direction fiery red this time and the majority of the people seem to enjoy it. @fordster , what is your suggestion for the shades of red which would go well with the future iFi products?
Very true, it is just my opinion and others may well love it. Maybe I’d like it better in the flesh but for me the colour contrasts and materials just don’t work. I think a less vivid red may work, perhaps a burgundy?

You are right, you would probably get a different impression seeing it in person and giving it a try. Burgundy sounds like a fair suggestion. You chose one tasty colour. I've got to pour myself a glass of Burgundy, place Diablo next to it and see if this colour works.

well, I conclude that this combo works really well. Both the glass of Burgundy as well as the Diablo next to it.

I own a Diablo and think the sound quality thorough my Grado PS500es is simply staggering. Unfortunately this is not reflected with iFi s truly appalling customer service
I bought mine used in 'as new'' condition for CeX. Everything was fine until earlier this month when upon removing the blue USB cable, the whole assembly came out with it. Both CeX and iFi refused to honour any warranty . So rather than lose £650 I sent it as advised by iFi for an estimate. I was thinking c £80 tops to resolder a USB socket.The next thing I knew I had a message come through from iFi that I wasn't being charged for labour because the repair was relatively straightforward. Then came the rest of it... they'd gone ahead and repaired the unit at a cost of £306.15. When I queried this I was told I could have tbe unit back unrepaired free of charge. I reluctantly paid. But then the unit came back with no invoice, no service report, the casing was dirty and they hadn't bothered to replace a missing rubber foot on tbe baseplate either. Sorry iFi but YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS BIG TIME.i don't care whether the unit was new or second hand. You are going to want iFi to become a :go to' brand for portable Hifi enthusiasts but all the work of the design, marketing and product departments will go up in smoke if you treat your customers like that ! And my planned iDSD Pro Signature DAC/ Headphone amp purchase for next year is now out and the money will be going elsewhere. Sad to see customer service in this day and age as bad as this. 😡😡😡

I own a Diablo and think the sound quality thorough my Grado PS500es is simply staggering. Unfortunately this is not reflected with iFi s truly appalling customer service
I bought mine used in 'as new'' condition for CeX. Everything was fine until earlier this month when upon removing the blue USB cable, the whole assembly came out with it. Both CeX and iFi refused to honour any warranty . So rather than lose £650 I sent it as advised by iFi for an estimate. I was thinking c £80 tops to resolder a USB socket.The next thing I knew I had a message come through from iFi that I wasn't being charged for labour because the repair was relatively straightforward. Then came the rest of it... they'd gone ahead and repaired the unit at a cost of £306.15. When I queried this I was told I could have tbe unit back unrepaired free of charge. I reluctantly paid. But then the unit came back with no invoice, no service report, the casing was dirty and they hadn't bothered to replace a missing rubber foot on tbe baseplate either. Sorry iFi but YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS BIG TIME.i don't care whether the unit was new or second hand. You are going to want iFi to become a :go to' brand for portable Hifi enthusiasts but all the work of the design, marketing and product departments will go up in smoke if you treat your customers like that ! And my planned iDSD Pro Signature DAC/ Headphone amp purchase for next year is now out and the money will be going elsewhere. Sad to see customer service in this day and age as bad as this. 😡😡😡
We are very sorry for this. Please, send me (in a DM) any info that might help me identify this case internally. This is unacceptable, and We apologise to you. I hope to hear from you soon and will do my best to set this on the right course.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom