NEWS: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones launched

So much for Chinese phones offering more for less.

Matches the S10+ but at same price so unless you need the low light camera I'd still go Samsung, higher res, HDR screen, lighter, headphone socket.

I'm currently loving my S10+ Ceramic 512GB + 512GB microSD :cool: But I'm sure I'd be be happy with this phone but not for same price as the Samsung.

The camera functionality though; I watched much of the presentation from Paris, and that optical zoom is the best out there. For me the camera is the selling point of any smartphone these days and this one looks to be top of the tree for now.

Never been fussed about Samsung, but this Huawei has me interested.

I'd always take a Huawei phone over a Samsung one simply because Huawei doesn't push that much bloatware on you. Almost everything it comes with can be uninstalled.

The orange P30 Pro looks exceptionally good!

I like my Samsung phones but I am really tempted with the P30 Pro

looking forward to some camera specific reviews from this fone.
Just a shame they charge top dollar for a shit brand.

Last edited:
lol **** brand comparing to what, a Samsung?! GTFOOH.

Once my paycheque comes in, I'm dropping my iPhone X for this (and a free Sonos One from CPWH).

Sony new phone is a cow to use, Samsung is mearly OK but form a horrible company, and the Pixel is still a mixed bag.

Do I care about the Chinese spying on me? Nope. My own government, Google, ISP, USA are already doing more to invade my privacy and selling my data, than some alleged Chinese conspiracy.

The only problem is Apple set the bar for high price phones and now everyone is following suit inc dropping the headphone socket (not that matters to me). Two years ago the P30 pro would be £700 tops.

So much for Chinese phones offering more for less.

Matches the S10+ but at same price so unless you need the low light camera I'd still go Samsung, higher res, HDR screen, lighter, headphone socket.

I'm currently loving my S10+ Ceramic 512GB + 512GB microSD :cool: But I'm sure I'd be be happy with this phone but not for same price as the Samsung.

In the review it says the P30 screens are HDR compatible.

I'd definitely be picking one of these up if I hadn't just got the S10+. Not sure why the 256gb doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

looking forward to some camera specific reviews from this fone.
Just a shame they charge top dollar for a sh*t brand.
Actually I'm not surprised by this comment. It's the same guy who thinks the S10 range are outdated because they don't support 5G that's not even available. lol

I'd definitely be picking one of these up if I hadn't just got the S10+. Not sure why the 256gb doesn't seem to be available in the UK.
When I checked at CPW the red version was the only one that you get more than 128gb and then it was ONLY in 512gb. That pushed it past £1k.

If it’s expanable with memory cards then that’s something at least. Not that I’d need more that 128

If it’s expanable with memory cards then that’s something at least. Not that I’d need more that 128
It is expandable but with a Huawei nano sd card or whatever its called, they are a bit more expensive than normal sd cards, why they do this instead of just using any sd card is annoying, but 128gb should be plenty as I use Google photos to store my pics in the cloud so it doesn't take up phone space

It is expandable but with a Huawei nano sd card or whatever its called, they are a bit more expensive than normal sd cards, why they do this instead of just using any sd card is annoying, but 128gb should be plenty as I use Google photos to store my pics in the cloud so it doesn't take up phone space
Yeah I forgot about them being proprietary. I'm just about managing on 64gb with iCloud.

Curious how you come to the conclusion they're a **** brand?

Its got Huawei on it

Actually I'm not surprised by this comment. It's the same guy who thinks the S10 range are outdated because they don't support 5G that's not even available. lol

yup, its out dated

Last edited:
Its got Huawei on it

yup, its out dated
Great sense of reasoning. Reviews and sales of Huawei phones speak for themselves. Seems all you're capable of is childish flippant remarks.

And we're probably 2 years away from 5G being anything like mainstream. Maybe do some research before posting ill informed rubbish online.

Great sense of reasoning. Reviews and sales of Huawei phones speak for themselves. Seems all you're capable of is childish flippant remarks.

And we're probably 2 years away from 5G being anything like mainstream. Maybe do some research before posting ill informed rubbish online.
doesnt have to be mainstream to be supported, as they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.

doesnt have to be mainstream to be supported, as they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.
So people who bought the S10 are fools, because it doesn't support something that's not even available?
You literally make no sense. I'll leave you to your own little world.

Thanks to AV Forums for having the ignore button.

worth holding off on any fone purchases for a few months.
No it isn't. 5G isn't offering me anything that I need and certainly not for "Just a few pounds more"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom