NEWS: Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020

H55U8QF at £753.85 ! :eek:

The address where this website lists does not look like a reputable dealer

Screenshot of website with address
000400-2020-06-27 15_50_43.png

Screenshot of address via maps

000399-2020-06-27 15_49_14.png

sfsilicon citation:
"rtings has the H9G on their "Vote for next review TV" suggestion page. Add your vote so this gets added to their review queue."
Vote for our next TV Review

I vote for the 65q8 its well worth the money and better than any edge lit samsung qled, easily.

I vote for the 65q8 its well worth the money and better than any edge lit samsung qled, easily.

So are people saying to avoid the 65 U7QFT and to go for the 65 U8QFT due to the U7 having 50hz Screen refresh and Full Array 90 Zone local dimming compaired to the U8 which has 100hz Screen refresh and Full Array 180 Zone local dimming???

Plus both the 65 U7 and the 65 U8 have a cashback of £500 UK off them at the moment

Just trying to work out which one to get

Last edited:
and the U8Q has a local dimming pro and the U7Q a local dimming simple according to the specifications!
if you watch sports and action films it is better to have a 100hz panel to have a fluid image !

Hello.

It won't let me play the videos on the link you sent.

Have you got any images of the box/packaging?

Is this a worthy investment then? And when I do get the TV could you share the picture settings you used for the TV?

Thanks.

I shared my settings on the same page of this link ! But those are just settings made with my feelings, nothing professional and you always have to adjust a bit depending on the source.

I didn't make any videos so I don't know which videos you're talking about ^^ And no I don't have image of the box, since it's just a box I didn't really care. But it was well made and well protected.

I bought it because for me, with my budget and my expectations, it was worth it. Well I wasn't sure what quality to expect but with the cashback my final price is 560€ and for this price, other TVs were not better at all, and this one on the paper was supposed to be better, but I didn't like a lot the idea of buying Hisense, but it was looking good on paper and in the comments, so I tried.
And it was much better than I expected, i didn't think for this price I could get this so I'm happy overall.

The only thing a bit boring for me still, since I'm "picky" I'm still trying to improve the settings and you have to do that for each source, HDR / SDR content, so it takes me a lot of time but I guess I would have done that for any TV.

As I said before, I have no idea of what are the competitors with a bigger budget, but I saw the Panasonic in 58" before and I prefered the Hisense, because of the specs "on paper" it was supposed to be better, so I don't know how the Panasonic actually plays, could be a good choice anyway, but this Hisense IS a good choice in my opinion, at least I'm happy with it, and it's far far better than the 2 LG and Samsung I had before, 4K LCD 55" each !

Does anybody know the differences between U8QF and U8xQF? In Italy I can buy both U8QF and U81QF. Hisense italian site does not report any difference. I would not like to end up with issues like missing local apps. Noticeably, the U81QF is at the moment only sold through Amazon.

So are people saying to avoid the 65 U7QFT and to go for the 65 U8QFT due to the U7 having 50hz Screen refresh and Full Array 90 Zone local dimming compaired to the U8 which has 100hz Screen refresh and Full Array 180 Zone local dimming???

Plus both the U7 and the U8 have a cashback of £500 off them at the moment

Just trying to work out which one to get

Obviously the U8Q is better ! But also more expensive xD
Since I didn't have the money for the U8Q I took the U7Q knowing the 50 Hz panel and less dimming zone, but compared to my previous LG (55" normal LCD edge led 4K) it's already so much better, but yes the U8Q would be better and more fluent thanks to the 100 Hz, but didn't have the money so I don't really care, the U7Q is already a good choice.

Does anybody know the differences between U8QF and U8xQF? In Italy I can buy both U8QF and U81QF. Hisense italian site does not report any difference. I would not like to end up with issues like missing local apps. Noticeably, the U81QF is at the moment only sold through Amazon.

In France I know we have the U72QF instead of U7QF, I guess they are kind of the same just depending on the country they can adapt the local app or service. For example I know there are different remotes with different shortcut depending on the local VOD service, but nothing should be too different in Europe. But it's just a guess.

On this link at the bottom they say the different references are the same model, the name depends on the retailer https://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-HIS55U72QF-HISENSE-55U72QF.htm

Do we know how many dimming zones the U7QF 50" will have?

So you recommend this tv then?

Hisense H9G HDR10 Movie Experience & Reflection Handling | H9G Review Part 6

Why are you showing the H9G?

The US models are completely different to UK and European versions.
it's the same model except for a few different details.
to confirm ...
Edit:
to be more precise, they are the same range but classified differently:
in Europe 7.8 and 9 in the US 8.9 and 10
series 7 entry level EU = 8 in the US
series 8 mid-range EU = 9 in the US
high-end series 9 EU = 10 in the US
permanent differences between EU and US power supply and TV tuner after there are some differences in hardware and software such as OS and connectors.
I hope it's clearer like that !

Last edited:
Why are you showing the H9G?

The US models are completely different to UK and European versions.
Complete different?😂🤣🤦‍♂️
Same amount of dimming zones both 120hz panels. Same peak brightness.

Main difference are the OS and the soundsystem, remote.

Still waiting for the confirmation that the US version is a real 10bit Panel.

Any proof for your claims are just bullshit talk??

In June, Hisense introduced a new line of TV 2020 with the flagship model U8QF

Complete different?😂🤣🤦‍♂️
Same amount of dimming zones both 120hz panels. Same peak brightness.

Main difference are the OS and the soundsystem, remote.

Still waiting for the confirmation that the US version is a real 10bit Panel.

Any proof for your claims are just bullsh*t talk??

TBF we don't know what the actual differences are. May have the same dimming zones but use an inferior panel or different processing for all we know.

Put it this way the US models are dirt cheap and the EU models are being marketed as more mid to high-end. You would subsequently hope that any hardware differences would favour the European models but history has taught us not to assume that to be the case.

TBF we don't know what the actual differences are. May have the same dimming zones but use an inferior panel or different processing for all we know.

Put it this way the US models are dirt cheap and the EU models are being marketed as more mid to high-end. You would subsequently hope that any hardware differences would favour the European models but history has taught us not to assume that to be the case.
Well still waiting for the real facts otherwise the H9G is still the european U8QF.

Don't where you have the mid to high end claim from. As far als I know the U8QF was always claimed to be the top tier TV. There ist also an av forums video about this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom