NEWS: Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020

I'm undecided on whether to get the U8q or to go for a oled 65b9.

My dad is glued to sky news most of the day so worried about screen burn in.

I'm hoping the local dimming is close to the q90r which is the gold standard

I'm undecided on whether to get the U8q or to go for a oled 65b9.

My dad is glued to sky news most of the day so worried about screen burn in.

I'm hoping the local dimming is close to the q90r which is the gold standard

Im in the same kind of dilemma as you as much as i would like a oled I've ruled out as my viewing habits would more than likely end up with screen burn, im waiting for some video reviews of the u8q as its either gonna be this or the q90r

Is it reasonable to expect the 55 inch U7Q to drop to £600 or below by Black Friday? Currys currently have a £200 cashback offer dropping the price to £700, but dont know whether to bite the bullet or wait
Hisense 55U7QFTUK £799.00

Here are the settings for the U8QF from the german review.
I did the translation on my own.:eek::devil:
Picture Mode: theatre night
Backlight: 50, Low
Contrast: 75
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50, HDR 60
Color temperature: warm 1
RGB-Gain: 0, 0, -5
RGB Offset: 0,0,0
Gamma: BT. 1886

Last edited:
Hisense 55U7QFTUK £799.00

Important to note that Argos are on the Hisense approved retailer list for the cashback offer, so this is actually £599.00. Unfortunately, Argos don’t allow pre-ordering, so there’s no way to lock in either the cashback or the price itself until they get stock in.

Last edited:
Important to note that Argos are on the Hisense approved retailer list for the cashback offer, so this is actually £599.00. Unfortunately, Argos don’t allow pre-ordering, so there’s no way to lock in either the cashback or the price itself until they get stock in.
in this case how Hisense offers cashback without providing tv to resellers, it's weird this cashback !

I really hope that Hisense will offer a firmware update for the U8QF with VRR.

There should be no problem especially If the U7 supports It.

Last edited:
I really hope that Hisense will offer a firmware update for the U8QF with VRR.

There should be bo problem especially If the U7 supports It.
let's hope the same if i'm not a gamer !
they can do it via an update.

Is it strange the H65U8Q is not listed on hisense.de but it is on hisense.co.uk?

When it is visible there I would like to see if they will link to suppliers like the UK website does, if there is a discount for Euro consumers, and then see if any of does suppliers will deliver to the Republic of Ireland.

BTW U7Q up on argos.co.uk for £1099

Honestly I felt exactly the same that his awesome comments watching those same trailers on my 55U72QF ! Only the motion part obviously won't be as great but if you turn on the motion option it becomes smooth "as butter" as he says ! For movies I prefer to turn the motion off so it's less fluent but closer than 24p and what I see in cinemas or normal movies, but for games or sport the motion is really impressive, so fluent !

And the colours I had the exact same words I think, like "holy cow" it's so impressive with a good source content, colours are truely magnificient, each of them, I have no idea how it looks on a OLED, but for my budget I don't think I could have had better, with the cashback offer I paid final price 560€ ( 626$ / 507£), which I find awesome :)

By the way on this video, I find the image too dark, but maybe it's because of recording his TV with a camera.

on their site in France it is better presented
in their presentation they advertise an anti-reflection filter of around 66%
I quote:
SCREEN ANTI-REFLECTION
AN IMAGE WITHOUT CONSTRAINTS
The anti-reflective screen helps prevent annoying reflections from the sun and other light sources on your screen. The screen absorbs 98.5% of external light and reflects only 1.5% of it. With 66.67% less reflections than conventional TV screens, you get a cleaner picture, no matter what time of day.
other interesting function:
AI: AUTOMATIC IMAGE ADJUSTMENT CONFIGURE YOUR TV EASILY
Scene recognition technology is managed by AI which instantly identifies content, then intelligently adjusts image quality and sound settings to make the viewing experience as lively and personalized as possible. No need to be an expert to properly configure your TV.
here is their site translated into English:

Is it strange the H65U8Q is not listed on hisense.de but it is on hisense.co.uk?

When it is visible there I would like to see if they will link to suppliers like the UK website does, if there is a discount for Euro consumers, and then see if any of does suppliers will deliver to the Republic of Ireland.

BTW U7Q up on argos.co.uk for £1099

If you get a chance I would snap that up pronto. £500 cashback making it £599 for the 65".:eek:

I think I am going to wait on the U8Q. Plus I am absolutely skint at the moment.

it's true it's a real hassle, one is not available and the other soon it will not be available !

Im just so torn between the u8qf and Samsung q90r really need to see video reviews of the actual u8qf first but the q90r is starting to run out of stock in some places 😬
Going by FOMO review earlier in the thread is has to be the q90r for the hdr picture.

Ye its a bit rubbish that the u8qf only gets the 8bit+frc but how much of a difference would you notice with this ?? Hopefully the jbl speaker will be better than the standard one in the h9g

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom