• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

NEWS: Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020

BoxManLocke

Standard Member
So yesterday I got a firmware update on my U7QF, but that was done by my girlfriend while I was sleeping lol so I don't know what it was about. Can't seem to find any news about it on official Hisense channels.
Any users who did the update could tell us what it was for ?

technomen

Hisense 55U8QF in the test Bright and colorful: ULED TV with quantum dots(magazine review)
PS:you have to pay to have the complete test
"Pro: 'Ultra HD Premium', peak brightness, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR10 +, media player, Unicable 2 (JESS), Dolby Atmos, Bluetooth, recording programming via app, Amazon Alexa, integrated JBL soundbar, automatic system recognition ( Satellite), bluetooth remote control.
Cons: no twin tuner, cannot be rotated on the stand, no headphone output, no HDMI 2.1, no USB 3.0.

Last edited:

Nabro1993

Standard Member
So since the firmware update, the tv has hit me hard on hdr and dolby vision content.
Just watch "the rain" ... I have short dropouts every few minutes ... maybe 0.2 seconds .... Really very short, like blinking.
I also had a completely black picture for season 3, episode 1 ... at 28 minutes and 10 seconds for a complete scene ...

Now I have deleted the cookies and reset the tv to factory settings.
The completely black scene suddenly had color ...
The minimal picture dropouts every few 10 minutes remained ... What can I still do?

I only have the problem with dolby vision and hdr content.
Normal HD and 4k are bombastic.

Does that sound like a software problem or a defect?
In the case of a defect, everything should cause problems, right?

I'm going through settings again to get the problem right ...

Does your picture jerk so much compared to "clear" when you turn off motion compensation?
Why do so many people turn it off?

Isn't the goal always to get a fluid picture?

Spashe

So since the firmware update, the tv has hit me hard on hdr and dolby vision content.
Just watch "the rain" ... I have short dropouts every few minutes ... maybe 0.2 seconds .... Really very short, like blinking.
I also had a completely black picture for season 3, episode 1 ... at 28 minutes and 10 seconds for a complete scene ...

Now I have deleted the cookies and reset the tv to factory settings.
The completely black scene suddenly had color ...
The minimal picture dropouts every few 10 minutes remained ... What can I still do?

I only have the problem with dolby vision and hdr content.
Normal HD and 4k are bombastic.

Does that sound like a software problem or a defect?
In the case of a defect, everything should cause problems, right?

I'm going through settings again to get the problem right ...

Does your picture jerk so much compared to "clear" when you turn off motion compensation?
Why do so many people turn it off?

Isn't the goal always to get a fluid picture?
What is the version number of this new firmware ? I checked on the Hisense website (french model) and no update since April.

Also about the motion setting, I turned it off directly because any of its settings are horrible, there will always be glitches or just lags here and there, which is a non sense for a setting supposed to make the tv fluent.

I had several TVs before and even on entry level models, I never had a motion setting doing that.

But I have a good news for you, when you turn it off, for the first minutes / hours, you will really find it horrible and laggy as hell. BUT, give it a try, after some time you don't notice any problem with that anymore, the brain gets used very nicely. Once you are used, try turning it on again and you will find it horrible, filmed like an old video cam corder :)

The fact that so many people turn it off is because it's not natural, since the beginning movies and cinemas are in 24 fps, motion settings usually artificially get the imageup to 100 fps or even 200 fps, which is totally too much fluent compared to how the movie was conceived. Even actors and directors said to turn that off to respect the original creation of how movies are made !

But it's true that some TVs are better than others about fluidity, especially 50 Hz tvs like this Hisense are not as great. But once again, you get used, don't worry.

Nabro1993

Standard Member
I called hisense on the phone ... I actually have to have very old firmware on the device ... My firmware version is K0703.

2 newer ones should be out now.

I now have to install the new firmware using a USB stick.

morganland

I called hisense on the phone ... I actually have to have very old firmware on the device ... My firmware version is K0703.

2 newer ones should be out now.

I now have to install the new firmware using a USB stick.
It's a good thing that Hisense releases a lot of updates. Not alla brands do so...neither important brands!

OlegP

Hi all!
I think this problem is on all TVs (H9G and U8QF), just not all people can see it. If you shoot in slow motion on the phone, then it becomes clearly visible. I recorded some videos from my 65U8QF.

Red ghosting on Alita Battle Angel as 4k Bluray HDR10+ from HDMI source, slow motion video:
HDR1.JPGHDR2.JPG

Limitless.s01e04 (2015) SDR 1080 from HDMI source, slow motion video:
SDR.JPG

Youtube app:
youtube_app1.JPGyoutube_app2.JPG
original video:

Discussion of the American model on another forum with the same problem:
2020 Hisense H9G series 55" & 65" Owners...

Last edited:

Big7

Standard Member
Are there any calibration settings anywhere for the 65u8qftuk?
Just had mine delivered and wondered if anyone has managed to set theirs up to a good standard.
I'm really impressed with it out of the box but I'm sure it can be improved with the right advice from someone with a bit more experience in these things. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

technomen

for those who do not believe me is think that the U8QF is the top of the range at Hisense !
The U8QF series is part of the upper-middle range of televisions of the 2020 generation of this Chinese manufacturer. This series has two models, one 55 "and the other 65".

gogzy

Standard Member
for those who do not believe me is think that the U8QF is the top of the range at Hisense !

Nobody is saying that this isn't
Hisense's top of the range - in Europe.
What they're saying again and again is that the 'top range' models released in the US have ALWAYS been superior to European releases.

It such an odd belief to think that this model is the same as the H9G. It has a different panel. This panel is inferior to the US release. It will inevitably not produce identical images to the more expensive version.
Why not just release the identical TV rather than produce 2 different versions? Because as usual with Hisense, European buyers get cheaper variations at grossly inflated prices.

Givisi

Standard Member
Nobody is saying that this isn't
Hisense's top of the range - in Europe.
What they're saying again and again is that the 'top range' models released in the US have ALWAYS been superior to European releases.

It such an odd belief to think that this model is the same as the H9G. It has a different panel. This panel is inferior to the US release. It will inevitably not produce identical images to the more expensive version.
Why not just release the identical TV rather than produce 2 different versions? Because as usual with Hisense, European buyers get cheaper variations at grossly inflated prices.
Right to the point.

But this is not something that only Hisense does. At least they named their models differently for each market.

dusf

Right to the point.

But this is not something that only Hisense does. At least they named their models differently for each market.
I hope there is a fix in place before Black Friday prices.

Does AVForums normally release new or update advice including best 65" for the money in time for Black Friday?

AdamClayton84

There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews on the EU version of the U7QF.

I was thinking of getting one but my last U7B had to be returned due to a compatability issue with my Panasonic UB820.

Do I try this or get a Panasonic HX800 which should play perfectly with my player.

EvilMohd

Standard Member
There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews on the EU version of the U7QF.

I was thinking of getting one but my last U7B had to be returned due to a compatability issue with my Panasonic UB820.

Do I try this or get a Panasonic HX800 which should play perfectly with my player.
Both U7B and Panasonic HX800 are edge-lit LED which is not really bad, but if you are looking for a superior picture quality you should go Full array LED (Fald). The U7QF is Fald panel and should be better than the other two.

Kosmix

Standard Member
Hi all, I have the possibility to buy for about the same price the Hisense U8QF or Sony 55XF9005 (Sony's mid-high end LCD LED from 2018). Which one would you choose?

technomen

Hi all, I have the possibility to buy for about the same price the Hisense U8QF or Sony 55XF9005 (Sony's mid-high end LCD LED from 2018). Which one would you choose?
for me the U8QF is better, it would be the XG9505 or the XH955 I would have said yes but the XF9005 no !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches CI 16-60 DSP amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett