NEWS: Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020

a HCFR member to contact Hisense France regarding the U8QF model, here is their answer!
I was able to speak with Hisense technical service yesterday. I had the following confirmations:
1. The panel is well in 8bits + FRC
2.There is at least 1 USB port 3
3.The HDMI ports arrive in 2.0 BUT a SHIFT is planned to go to 2.1 (without giving a date)
4.Headset possible in Bluetooth
By cons no info on the rest .... Even the actual availability is unknown (apparently in early July)
to confirm ...

Hopefully It's true that they will update it to 2.1 but I highly doubt it. I heard that the Vidaa OS is better suitable for a HDMI 2.1 update because it easier for them to implement it than on adroid. If I remember this statement was from a CES video.

I don't think there will be a HDMI 2.1 update to be honest.
Hopefully a VRR update.

Hisense 65U7QF im Test

Well ive just brought one, being delivered next week so will let you know what its like, got a 6 year guarantee and if im unhappy with can simply send it back can't really moan at that

Hopefully It's true that they will update it to 2.1 but I highly doubt it. I heard that the Vidaa OS is better suitable for a HDMI 2.1 update because it easier for them to implement it than on adroid. If I remember this statement was from a CES video.

I don't think there will be a HDMI 2.1 update to be honest.
Hopefully a VRR update.
no everything is possible if the will is there and it's parail for other brands especially if the next consoles do not work on these 2020 TVs!

no everything is possible if the will is there and it's parail for other brands especially if the next consoles do not work on these 2020 TVs!

Technical difficulties have nothing to do with good will. Why has only one 2020 Sony TV HDMI 2.1?

I had high hopes for the U8Q but with doudts over quality and for me the smart system I plumted for a Sony 65AG8 oled £1599 from richersounds

I had high hopes for the U8Q but with doudts over quality and for me the smart system I plumted for a Sony 65AG8 oled £1599 from richersounds
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

Cant go wrong with the ag8 looks a great tv I would of gone for one but a oled is a no go for me so it was between u8q and the q90r as wasn't to much difference in price, but its just the list of why not to get the Samsung kept getting bigger

brand-dark.svg
About our ads

You may also like

Cant go wrong with the ag8 looks a great tv I would of gone for one but a oled is a no go for me so it was between u8q and the q90r as wasn't to much difference in price, but its just the list of why not to get the Samsung kept getting bigger
Yeh I would have liked the uq8 to have android not vidaa so I probably would have considered the H9G but I'm in the uk, q90 way over my budget.
At the end of the day it was between the uq8, lg b9 oled and the Sony Ag8

Whats your problem with Vidaa? I guess you haven't even tried it out.
The german reviewer had no issues with it.

Yeh I would have liked the uq8 to have android not vidaa so I probably would have considered the H9G but I'm in the uk, q90 way over my budget.
At the end of the day it was between the uq8, lg b9 oled and the Sony Ag8

Im in the uk too but only after a 55" so prices arent as bad the q90r was a extra £200 but there was black crush, a pink hue around pretty much ever screen, over saturated colours and everything just juiced up above normal brightness which some people love i like more natural so the u8q seems best bet im not fussed about OS so again not something that put me off

06/24/2020 - Hisense connected TVs distinguished for their respect for privacy
Hisense and VIDAA logos The Hisense brand announces that its connected TVs in the 2020 range equipped with the VIDAA 4.0 system are certified by the German organization TÜV Rheinland with regard to the protection of privacy (level of protection, flows, data transmission or the recording of documents have been tested). Hisense thus recalls its desire to protect users of its Smart TVs, in accordance with the GDPR law for models distributed in Europe.
Source: Hisense

like the Panasonic OS maybe fewer applications but without ads and spy !

Now available in Italy: Hisense 55U8QF 977€ :)

a HCFR member to contact Hisense France regarding the U8QF model, here is their answer!
I was able to speak with Hisense technical service yesterday. I had the following confirmations:
1. The panel is well in 8bits + FRC
2.There is at least 1 USB port 3
3.The HDMI ports arrive in 2.0 BUT a SHIFT is planned to go to 2.1 (without giving a date)
4.Headset possible in Bluetooth
By cons no info on the rest .... Even the actual availability is unknown (apparently in early July)
to confirm ...

What do you mean availability unknown ? It's already on sale in France, Boulanger has the U8QF for 999 € with 200 € cashback. And it's not a preorder or anything, it's literally available on next day delivery.

What do you mean availability unknown ? It's already on sale in France, Boulanger has the U8QF for 999 € with 200 € cashback. And it's not a preorder or anything, it's literally available on next day delivery.
It was not me who said that it was the manager of Hisense France who said it but I agree with you, at Boulanger is almost available !

Now available in Italy: Hisense 55U8QF 977€ :)

here it is at 927,22 € ! ;)
and there it is € 878.99 !

Last edited:
Just had a message of hisense uk saying there are no plans to update to 2.1 updates

Attachments

• 20200626_133036.jpg
    20200626_133036.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 228
Like I said very unlikely that they update it to HDMI 2.1

But most support sites are clueless when It comes to such technical questions.

You could also ask them If they add a VRR update. I guess they don't even know what It Is.

Last edited:
HI peps my tv just turned up today and i`m so impressed with it . Don`t worrie about the viewing angles there is no problem like others saying , sound is good not bad at all, my dog was a little bit confused where it`s coming from lol :)) there are some reflection on screen in bright sunlight room but is to be expected, shows more on camera when you filming the telly , to human eyes are very hard to notice they must added a layer coat for reflection or something like that . VIDDA is fast and fluid but to be honest lacks on apps, developers definitely needs to add more apps , for example no Disney + app , for me is not a problem as i use Amazon Firestick for everything . Another thing man is: colors realy pop on this tv every one has mentioning about 10 bit or something like that to be honest with you I will probably not even notice the difference between 10 bit and 8bit + 2 fr something like that . PS4 looks stunning and no lag very responsive screen . Please ask me anything to test on it, but bare in mind i`m not very good with proffesional calibration or stuff like that .
For me a big 65 inch telly with nice speaker included, really good colors , very very good blacks , nice motion for gaming and Dolby Vision is all I need get my £500 back that makes it to 1100 brand new free delivery , happy days and keeps my wife happy with her Netflix 😀😀

Attachments

• IMG_3460.JPEG
    IMG_3460.JPEG
    342.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3462.JPEG
    IMG_3462.JPEG
    280.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3463.JPEG
    IMG_3463.JPEG
    355.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3468.JPEG
    IMG_3468.JPEG
    273.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3466.JPEG
    IMG_3466.JPEG
    245.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3469.JPEG
    IMG_3469.JPEG
    280.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3470.JPEG
    IMG_3470.JPEG
    266.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3471.JPEG
    IMG_3471.JPEG
    262.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3472.JPEG
    IMG_3472.JPEG
    343.1 KB · Views: 199
HI peps my tv just turned up today and i`m so impressed with it . Don`t worrie about the viewing angles there is no problem like others saying , sound is good not bad at all, my dog was a little bit confused where it`s coming from lol :)) there are some reflection on screen in bright sunlight room but is to be expected, shows more on camera when you filming the telly , to human eyes are very hard to notice they must added a layer coat for reflection or something like that . VIDDA is fast and fluid but to be honest lacks on apps, developers definitely needs to add more apps , for example no Disney + app , for me is not a problem as i use Amazon Firestick for everything . Another thing man is: colors realy pop on this tv every one has mentioning about 10 bit or something like that to be honest with you I will probably not even notice the difference between 10 bit and 8bit + 2 fr something like that . PS4 looks stunning and no lag very responsive screen . Please ask me anything to test on it, but bare in mind i`m not very good with proffesional calibration or stuff like that .
For me a big 65 inch telly with nice speaker included, really good colors , very very good blacks , nice motion for gaming and Dolby Vision is all I need get my £500 back that makes it to 1100 brand new free delivery , happy days and keeps my wife happy with her Netflix 😀😀

how big is the foot ? i was thinking buying the 65 inch u8qf

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom