NEWS: Hisense 2021 UK TVs include OLED, Mini-LED and Quantum Dot technologies

Captain Ron

They are definitely upping their game alright. The forthcoming TriChroma laser UST projector TV's are the ones I am most curious about.

Clearandcolour

No mention about number of dimmingzones with the miniled.. !? Miniled alone tells me nothing.. It needs more smaller lights and,.. that has to open the way to more dimmingzones..

TheTechChap

No mention about number of dimmingzones with the miniled.. !? Miniled alone tells me nothing.. It needs more smaller lights and,.. that has to open the way to more dimmingzones..
While they haven't mentioned how many zones yet, the local dimming algorithm is more important. You can have a ton of zones and a poo poo local dimming algorithm can spoil it. And you know TV companies. Why whack in lots of mini LED zones on thier first batch of mini LED TV's when they can add more zones each year to keep you upgrading. I think that's why they dropped the number of zones in the 2020 range to 48 to 120+ zones to make this years 500+ mini LED more impressive. Because the 2019 range had 480 zones. lol
None mini LED TV's from 5 years ago had 500+ dimming zones in 58" Panasonic TV's. So for this years Samsung for example to only have roughly 500 in a 55" inch shows to me next years 55" inch mini LED TV's will have in double that. Because if you can fit 500+ normal big dimming zones in a TV around 55" you should be able to cram over double the amount in there with mini LED. 📺

Clearandcolour

While they haven't mentioned how many zones yet, the local dimming algorithm is more important. You can have a ton of zones and a poo poo local dimming algorithm can spoil it. And you know TV companies. Why whack in lots of mini LED zones on thier first batch of mini LED TV's when they can add more zones each year to keep you upgrading. I think that's why they dropped the number of zones in the 2020 range to 48 to 120+ zones to make this years 500+ mini LED more impressive. Because the 2019 range had 480 zones. lol
None mini LED TV's from 5 years ago had 500+ dimming zones in 58" Panasonic TV's. So for this years Samsung for example to only have roughly 500 in a 55" inch shows to me next years 55" inch mini LED TV's will have in double that. Because if you can fit 500+ normal big dimming zones in a TV around 55" you should be able to cram over double the amount in there with mini LED. 📺
Maybe philips get their miniled panel from hisense.. as the number of zones are comparable for 75 inch tv .. If I rememebr correct.. Maybe I'm wrong.

TheTechChap

Maybe philips get their miniled panel from hisense.. as the number of zones are comparable for 75 inch tv .. If I rememebr correct.. Maybe I'm wrong.
I don't think the panel comes attached with dimming zones. Its a panel and you add the number of dimming zones and all your other features etc yourself.

GT One

Interesting that the Hisense A9G is still being released in Europe, Hisense must have sold a few O8B models or they believe they must keep a competitive presence in the European OLED market.
Hisense don't appear to be offering their 2021 OLED in Australia, but if that proves to be the case it wont be surprising as their previous surplus OLED screens remained on shelves for months after Hisense ditched importing the O8B model, some 55'' panels were selling for below AUD$2000, before the last one disappeared.
The 48'' OLED may be a reasonable proposition if one becomes available.

davidcrofter

It might be a good idea to actually start releasing 2021 models given we are into June now. Always amazes me that these companies give Samsung a 3 or 4 month window every year to fill their boots on premium priced new products.

WeeMisty

Novice Member
Good point!
Considering Hisense are also official partner for the delayed Euro 2020 which is due to start in 5 days you might have also been fooled into thinking that they would have actually wanted their Europeans customers to be watching this tournament on their new 2021 product range!.......Clearly not! Even their official site (at least in the UK) has not been updated with the 2021 models as yet. Pretty poor show, when you consider at least 4 online retailers I've come across have details with prices of them already.
It might be a good idea to actually start releasing 2021 models given we are into June now. Always amazes me that these companies give Samsung a 3 or 4 month window every year to fill their boots on premium priced new products.

Tingo

Not just time but no other premium 55 inch led from any other manufacturer. It would not surprise me if they don't reduce the price by that much this year, why would they with a monopoly at that size. When they introduce next year's 55 inch then there might be a significant reduction. Its going to be interesting to see how many units they sell this year.

gurmukhp

Interesting that they have technology that "prevents burn in", I wonder if this is the same as Sony/LG's that can help prevent burn in whereas it reads that HiSense's version prevents it. Wonder if that'll be covered by warranty?

GT One

The delays may be linked with a number of issues facing all TV manufacturers this year, these range from hardware and component parts shortages, increased LCD panel manufacturing costs, and delays in shipping, so i guess Hisense along with other manufacturers are looking strategically at how they will supply new TV models to their global markets in 2021.
Hisense do have a premium Asian market for their high end products including in Japan, they will probably get first pick.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member

The Eggman72

The UK and EU spec U8G is a pale comaprison of its USA variant IPS panel and a fraction of the dimming zones...and bloody expensive to boot...

Last edited:

The Eggman72

Any unfortunate soul bought the Uk U8G ? if so thoughts ?

hajj_3

The new 2021 tv's support decoding the AV1 codec which youtube requires for 4K. Netflix added support for it too so will use less broadband bandwidth.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps
  • By Andy Bassett