NEWS: Google's Stadia to launch in November for £8.99 per month

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Really enjoying Far Cry 5 at the moment, more for the fact that my ageing PC wouldnt cope with another Far Cry.

I see AC Valhalla has dropped, nearly choked when i saw the price. I know its the Ultimate Edition but still..pushing £100! :eek:
View attachment 1403363
Same on all platforms, i was going to wait for UBI+ as the games on that are generally the gold or ultimate versions, but ended up getting the base version.

So far Valhalla is awesome, but is pretty buggy, roll on some patches.

kBm

Distinguished Member
Screenshot_20201120-133350_Chrome.jpg

Not a bad deal, £50 for the pre order.

El Barto

View attachment 1406135

Not a bad deal, £50 for the pre order.
4K version not available on PC or I would have been tempted

gangzoom

After perordering Cyberpunk I got cold feet about Jedi Master which I 'bought' onsale (also Farcry 5 for £1.57 on a different account).

I just couldn't see my self finding time to play Jedi Master and I enjoy RPGs more than platforming....To my surprise I was able to get Jedi Master 'refunded' because I ordered it less than 14 days ago and have played it for less than 2 hours!!!

This will probably work for other games too, so like a mini demo of the full game, but don't want to push my luck :).

gangzoom

All. Does having no button lag make the whole experience better ?
If you mean with the Stadia controller directly connected to WiFi, versus 3rd party via Bluetooth?

Cannot answer that as I don't have the Stadia controller, but I use my Xbox controller connected to my laptop via Bluetooth running of WiFi. I have zero issues with lag even with F1 2020 where any lag would be very noticeable when you're trying to pull off last gasp dives into the apex from 150mph+.

These are videos I captured from Stadia.....sorry for some reason no sound on the 2nd video.

I have pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077, so hopefully will get a 'free' Stadia controller to try :).

kBm

Distinguished Member
Does the controller improve the experience?
Yes, especially as you can have the audio through the controller. I dont think its 5.1, could be wrong.

Anyone tried the on screen controller? Its ok...some games like RDR2, Far cry etc need shoulder buttons and a button press to work properly. You can still play with onscreen controllers but its very limited.

As far as i know you cant customise the onscreen controls which is a shame.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
I've been using the Stadia controller since launch and recently discovered that the Dualshock 4 will pair via bluetooth to my GGTV and cant tell any difference in latency, but it do prefer using the DS4 as the trigger buttons are far less sensitive.

the only issue with the GGTV sideload is it's not as good overall quality, but cant wait for official support.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Picked up Odyssey, MK11, Uno, Doom 64 and 2016 in the sales.

Outcasters is now available for Pro subscribers for free.

NBA 2K21 is on a short time sale for £10.99 until 7th December.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom