Quantcast

NEWS: Google's Stadia to launch in November for £8.99 per month

Peew971

While true, This game has a massive following, being able to play it anywhere will be a good draw for people, and Stadia base will be out soon so you'll only need to buy the game to play it.
If Destiny couldn't do it...

Peew971

Not Stadia news but let's not pretend it's not relevant to Stadia.
XCloud news

Eddy555

XCloud has a very healthy collection of games, and it's been great to just try them out whenever I want for no cost. I've not had that much time to play them, but Ace Combat 7 worked pretty well on a fairly ropey connection over Christmas. What is also excellent is that the saves you have from Xbox/PC also carry over to XCloud.

Peew971

Been meaning to buy Gylt but I figured it was always a prime candidate for Pro subs. Fingers crossed, that would be a good month indeed.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
I've waited for Gylt, had a feeling it would go free as it's a "Timed" exclusive, it looks pretty good and will be something different to play.

Also Ubisoft are testing RB6 with the new Vulcan API on PC, could be a hint that it'll arrive on Stadia at some point in the future if tests go well.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
GYLT was the first game I was going to buy to try and get the OH interested, but she found Tomb Raider first and has been too busy to ask for anything else.

Being given away will be a bonus and informing the OH this morning was met with the approval nod.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Unity had now been updated to a new version and support for making game for Stadia has been added.

The Heretic video on this link is incredible, shame it's not a game, could be quite cool but really shows off Ray tracing.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Well Gylt is an intriguing game. Only started it but already I like it
Yeah it is one of only a few that I enjoyed playing on the TV, rather than the PC.

OH is looking forward to having a go later.

dp4

just got one of these and so far I'm quite impressed with it . Was expecting a bit of lag /latency but so far it's been solid in the hour or so I've used it. I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything so maybe that's why I can't see anything.

Game selection could do with improving but it's only new so give it a few months and hopefully some more come out.

Gylt seems decent and thats what I'll probably get into to start with and then keep an eye out for something else.

Fancy red dead 2 but I do have this on my xbox that I've not started so don't fancy paying £60 for it

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
New games announced today.

dvdchild

Distinguished Member
Still old games. I’m sort of glad I didn’t jump into this early as nothing of interest to me. Hopefully some better titles coming soon

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
From 20th Feb these phones will be compatible with the app.

Typically mine isn't one of them.

• Samsung Galaxy S8
  • Samsung Galaxy S8+
  • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy Note8
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note9
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10E
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note10