Quantcast

NEWS: Google's Stadia to launch in November for £8.99 per month

aVdub

Distinguished Member
My USB to C adaptor turned up, at first couldn't get it to work, it would just open the official app and then fire up the CCU, but after a few attempts I've gotten it working on chromium, only thing is it doesn't fill the screen.
Yeah it is still slightly buggy, but not bad for not supported as yet.

guttersnipez

Have a look at cloud gaming x on YouTube for ways to connect stadia to other devices.

BMox81

Distinguished Member

Eddy555

Distinguished Member
I've already got those games, and I've not played on it since before Christmas. For me Stadia doesn't really offer any benefit (I didn't get onto it while I was away) and the quality of the experience isn't good enough when my local PC/consoles are better. It still occasionally stutters/drops quality while streaming - not often but enough to be an issue, and I always have to start Netflix streaming to the CCU before I play Stadia to trigger 5.1 sound which is a pain (something others have experienced too),
I'm disappointed that Stadia isn't delivering proper 4K 60 as they implied before launch as that would've at least been a benefit over my local solutions.
I am impressed with how well it works, but it's still not really good enough to warrant me spending any more money on it.
If they offered a subscription service like Xbox Game Pass and had games I've not played then I may well be tempted back.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
I've already got those games, and I've not played on it since before Christmas. For me Stadia doesn't really offer any benefit (I didn't get onto it while I was away) and the quality of the experience isn't good enough when my local PC/consoles are better. It still occasionally stutters/drops quality while streaming - not often but enough to be an issue, and I always have to start Netflix streaming to the CCU before I play Stadia to trigger 5.1 sound which is a pain (something others have experienced too),
I'm disappointed that Stadia isn't delivering proper 4K 60 as they implied before launch as that would've at least been a benefit over my local solutions.
I am impressed with how well it works, but it's still not really good enough to warrant me spending any more money on it.
If they offered a subscription service like Xbox Game Pass and had games I've not played then I may well be tempted back.
That's fair enough. I've decided that I won't be buying anything on the platform until I see significant changes in relation to the games being sold. So like you, if that means dropping out once the free Pro sub ends then so be it.

Cloysterpeteuk

Who gave Stadia a sub forum before seeing if it was going to be a success?, there's more discussion in individual game threads then there is in this whole board.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Who gave Stadia a sub forum before seeing if it was going to be a success?, there's more discussion in individual game threads then there is in this whole board.
For me and my OH to come here and write about it would mean dragging ourselves away from something we both enjoy.

Do you or have you yourself used Stadia or did you just intend on coming here to slate?

Cloysterpeteuk

For me and my OH to come here and write about it would mean dragging ourselves away from something we both enjoy.

Do you or have you yourself used Stadia or did you just intend on coming here to slate?
Was my post not clear?.

I was simply querying why it was deemed necessary for Stadia to have its own sub forum when a single discussion topic would suffice.

If it was a popular service people would be excited to discuss it, to suggest that there’s little discussion because folk are too busy enjoying the 'service' is certainly an interesting take.

Cha1ky

To be fair there is nothing to talk about with it.

New game now and then which most have probably played. Odd article about it here and there but its just not really come out all guns blazing. Not sure that many people will keep on subbing and with no money coming in there it can't last too long.

Cloysterpeteuk

To be fair there is nothing to talk about with it.

New game now and then which most have probably played. Odd article about it here and there but its just not really come out all guns blazing. Not sure that many people will keep on subbing and with no money coming in there it can't last too long.
There's plenty of negative news about it, first there was Borderlands 3 releasing far behind the rest of the platforms in terms of updates and fixes, then there was the idiotic decision to release the new Darksiders at $10/$15 more on Stadia than Steam, GOG etc and the latest news is how quickly the Stadia Destiny playerbase has tailed off.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
There's plenty of negative news about it, first there was Borderlands 3 releasing far behind the rest of the platforms in terms of updates and fixes, then there was the idiotic decision to release the new Darksiders at $10/$15 more on Stadia than Steam, GOG etc and the latest news is how quickly the Stadia Destiny playerbase has tailed off.
The price is the same as the console versions, and just like the Xbox/PS store the price is set by the Devs not Google.

I haven't played much D2 but then I was never a fan of it.

I have completed Tomb Raider, I'm about half way through Rise, and have Shadow to do, I'm also playing Odyssey, apart from when the kids are playing their xbox's online I have a fantastic experience, I'm hoping when my new router arrives and I can QoS I can do it all the time.

Peew971

The price is the same as the console versions, and just like the Xbox/PS store the price is set by the Devs not Google.

I have completed Tomb Raider, I'm about half way through Rise, and have Shadow to do, I'm also playing Odyssey, apart from when the kids are playing their xbox's online I have a fantastic experience, I'm hoping when my new router arrives and I can QoS I can do it all the time.
To be fair you are an outlier in the sense that you're more than happy playing the same games you've played before multiple times. For almost anyone else who's not new to gaming, the library is just ridiculous and not worth investing in the platform. The "you can play it anywhere" feature is only appealing if the games are actually there, which they're not. Some people were sold on Stadia from day one regardless and will find uses for it. From an objective perspective it's been a shamble.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
To be fair you are an outlier in the sense that you're more than happy playing the same games you've played before multiple times. For almost anyone else who's not new to gaming, the library is just ridiculous and not worth investing in the platform. The "you can play it anywhere" feature is only appealing if the games are actually there, which they're not. Some people were sold on Stadia from day one regardless and will find uses for it. From an objective perspective it's been a shamble.
I agree, they have been incredibly slow to get new games out, there are two I think that people probably haven't played before, Gylt and Darksiders, neither of which I've played yet.

Hopefully this year will bring all the new stuff, but unfortunately for Stadia, Doom was delayed on all platforms, Ubisofts games were all delayed too, that didn't leave them with much to push.

I still use my PS4 just as much because it has games I can't play anywhere else, but it's bloody frustrating as it's so dam noisy.

Cloysterpeteuk

I agree, they have been incredibly slow to get new games out, there are two I think that people probably haven't played before, Gylt and Darksiders, neither of which I've played yet.

Hopefully this year will bring all the new stuff, but unfortunately for Stadia, Doom was delayed on all platforms, Ubisofts games were all delayed too, that didn't leave them with much to push.

I still use my PS4 just as much because it has games I can't play anywhere else, but it's bloody frustrating as it's so dam noisy.
[/QUOTE]

My PS4 Pro is louder than my PC, I’d love one of the quieter chassis models, although I guess I’ll wait for the PS5 now as there's always a better machine coming along.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
News.

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
They need to make Stadia Multiplayer games cross play. THere just isn't an install base to cover things like MMO's etc on Stadia.
While true, This game has a massive following, being able to play it anywhere will be a good draw for people, and Stadia base will be out soon so you'll only need to buy the game to play it.

Cha1ky

While true, This game has a massive following, being able to play it anywhere will be a good draw for people, and Stadia base will be out soon so you'll only need to buy the game to play it.
Yes but there just isn't an install base on Stadia to keep an MMO on the go with just Stadia players. As big as Destiny is its literally halved its player base since its been out on Stadia (and i think it may have dropped since that info was released). Its alright having a massive following but if there's not that many people playing it on a platform you're going to struggle to do any of the group content. To add, i'm not sure playing an MMO anywhere is a good selling point. I can't see many wanting to play that on a phone tablet on the move!

THere could be a big influx of people come to Stadia when the free version is out but MP games like MMO's need a big install base to stand a chance.

Trending threads

Latest News

Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Freeview Play coming to Android TV devices
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Box Office still important draw for movie goers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Onyx cinema LED screen opens in Australia