NEWS: Google's Stadia to launch in November for £8.99 per month

But isn't that entirely dependant on your internet?

So if you're net isn't up to it then you won't get it. Thats been pretty clear from the very start.
Well.... lots of people with the right broadband still aren't getting 4k and when they do it's constantly dropping back to 1080p.

Still no luck with my delivery. DHL have not replied despite my chasing so I'll be contacting Google today to see If I get any luck there.

Okay im confused. My stadia came it shows I have a pro subscription. But football manager is showing as £40. Do I have to buy the game on top I thought it was free?

Pro gives you discounts in the store, a free game per month and 4k, HDR and 5.1. It does not give you a Netflix type model where you get access to the entire catalog through your pro subscription.

So if I buy the game and then don't subscribe anymore then I lose access to it? What a business method that is

Okay im confused. My stadia came it shows I have a pro subscription. But football manager is showing as £40. Do I have to buy the game on top I thought it was free?

I got this in response to a similar post :(

Man you are seriously misinformed on this one, every game has to be bought individually. The subscription only grants you one or two free games per months and some discounts.

I still think the initial videos and announcements are easy to are misleading\interpret. I haven't really looked at it since due to sheer workload so missed some of the announcements around continued pricing.

I did genuinely think it was much more subscription-based but if I am paying full price games then I would rather get them at the same price or cheaper from PSN.

When the free tier is launched next year you will still be able to access your purchased games, but you will only be able to run them in 1080p. I don't know if this applies to titles that were discounted for pro members.

TBH after the project xcloud announcement i don't see the current model being around for too long.

So if I buy the game and then don't subscribe anymore then I lose access to it? What a business method that is

If you buy a game it will continue to work without Pro, but the resolution will be capped to 1080p, Pro allows 4k and the free game/s to work.

Right, I now have the hardware. It was a right faff getting everything to connect. The Chromecast needed updating, which was fine, then the controller needed an update. Fine. But for some reason the controller wouldn't connect to the CC, although it sounded like it had connected as I could hear I was controller Destiny, but I was being shown a screen to connect the controller to the CC. Rebooted the CC and then I could see what was going on, but the controller wasn't connecting. Rebooted the controller and then it connected. It's not helped by a strange black banner being overlaid on my Stadia app covering stuff in trying to do.
Right, cool all connected and working. For up Destiny 2 ....Server Offline. ***!

:mad::facepalm:

Right, I now have the hardware. It was a right faff getting everything to connect. The Chromecast needed updating, which was fine, then the controller needed an update. Fine. But for some reason the controller wouldn't connect to the CC, although it sounded like it had connected as I could hear I was controller Destiny, but I was being shown a screen to connect the controller to the CC. Rebooted the CC and then I could see what was going on, but the controller wasn't connecting. Rebooted the controller and then it connected. It's not helped by a strange black banner being overlaid on my Stadia app covering stuff in trying to do.
Right, cool all connected and working. For up Destiny 2 ....Server Offline. ***!

:mad::facepalm:

I didn't have any issues with connecting mine, found it really quick, even with the updates, I did find the Google home app keeps reconnecting to the Chromecast each time I open it.

One thing I didn't realize until watching DF video today, mine wasn't outputting in HDR only 4K.

I do have 60ish meg so should be able to get it all going by the stadia website.

Well the quick go on Samurai Shodown went well. Played nicely, looked great, and no streaming issues apart from a minor audio stutter when switching scenes, which could be the game itself. Not my type of game though, so will have to wait for Destiny to come back online. It looks promising so far though.
The menu screen of Destiny looks sharper on the CC than it did in the Chrome browser

So out of interest I bought Tomb Raider definitive edition for the £8 price while playing SS, exited the game and booted straight into TR, was bloody awesome to go from one game right into another without updates.

Also has HDR and 60fps which feels really smooth, small bit of lag but the kids are on their Xboxs as well.

Hoping achievement stuff will come soon.

Hoping Stadia have some black Friday deals like this one.

Screenshot_20191017-203526_Twitter.jpg

Well.... lots of people with the right broadband still aren't getting 4k and when they do it's constantly dropping back to 1080p.
The speed test i did earlier said I couldnt get 4K because I didnt have the right download speed. Which I had more than enough according to the proper speedtest site. Perhaps theres something wrong with their test and thats causing people to give false reading like mine. Well theres defo something wrong their end either way as i've been happily getting the correct speed for years now on all things!

Very small play with Destiny 2 and it feels pretty good.
However HDR isn't working, I've not managed to get any HDR content from the Chromecast yet

Mine wasn't too start, I changed hdmi port and it was then working, looked good to tbh.

So my thoughts after a few hours play this morning on Destiny 2.
My connection was rated excellent for the most part, it dropped to OK occasionally. The streaming was about 95% smooth, towards the end of my session it started to get a little stuttery, but nothing game breaking. The image quality of the stream is excellent and looks great in HDR, however Destiny 2 is definitely rendering the game at a lower than 4K Res as there are quite a lot of jaggies in edges. The HUD doesn't seem to have this issue so maybe that's at 4K.

I am mighty impressed with how well it plays. The controls feel almost as good as PC/console. There is a slightly less sharp response to inputs, but it's not really an issue for the main game. Not sure how well it would fair in PvP, but then I'm not a great PvP player so I wouldn't be able to say for definite how much of an impact it would have. Having also been given access to Microsoft Xcloud I can say Stadia is highly impressive in this respect. For me Xcloud has huge input lag issues when I was using a Bluetooth controller on my phone. That made the games unplayable really, so Microsoft have some work to do.

Also the Stadia controller is superb. Very comfy and easy to control. They've done a bang up job on that front.

Colour me impressed then. Well done Google. I'm looking forward to seeing how it improves over time.

however Destiny 2 is definitely rendering the game at a lower than 4K Res as there are quite a lot of jaggies in edges.
DF are saying that its upscaled 1080P instead of native 4K. Its arounf the 14 min mark. Also saying RDR is at 1440p 30 FPS too (Via chromecast, 1080p 60 via other bits).

Interesting experience with D2 just now, the game stopped responding to the controller. I could bring up the Stadia interface fine, but it seemed I was disconnected from the game's controls. Had to restart.
Seems to be a lot of kinderguardians in D2 as well 😁
I'd imagine there would be with it rolling out on a new platform. Pity it wasn't cross play as well as cross save as that would ease any numbers of players playing worry for Stadia.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom