NEWS: Games of Thrones Final Season Trailer Arrives

Until the first half finishes and then it all starts again for the second half.

I had a hard time following GoT. So much going on and so many characters and I'm not good at remembering names etc, etc. A lot stuff that infuriates me about Got (such as the times when getting from A-B can take weeks or days when it suits), watching weekly is a big cause of this.

If ever there was a series that benefits from binging it's GoT. Sadly not enough time to get this all done by April 14th. I think it's a case of get the last season done and then then eBay for the Blu Rays and and take two weeks off lol.

I still think the death of Joffery was so badly handled. The "remote controlled" death of him was utterly wrong. It should have been a Stark face to face, end of.

GoT is up there with Harry Potter, LoTR, Hobbit and a select few other of things I've watched entirely too much off.

For me, without any exception, the greatest series ever made (so far!). Exceptional acting, fantastic story, utterly believable CGI, brilliant characterisation and never afraid to shock (either through violence or plot twists). I'm both excited to see this series to see how it all ends but also utterly gutted it's the last one. Especially so as it's so few episodes.

As for this trailer it truly sent a shiver down my spine. I want it now!

G

yep GOT for me is the greatest tv series of all time with the sopranos number 2, cant wait

Let's see how they end it. But the show is a masterclass in long form storytelling, and has been the best television series I have ever watched.

I was actually quite disappointed with season 7 (especially after those incredible last two episodes of season 6). It just felt very soapy, lacklustre and 'Hollywoodized', especially after the peerless writing of the shows first 6 seasons. I don't want crowd-pleasing heroics from my GoT, I want shocks, clever writing and complex characters.

I hope the break has allowed them to regroup and get it together for the final season.

I've loved every minute of every episode, eagerly anticipating the final season... but I won't be watching the trailer, as tempting as it is. I don't want to see even the tiniest spoiler.

Season 7 did take some liberties with the timeline, which was jarring compared to previous seasons. But there was still plenty of spectacle and peril to keep it entertaining for me. And a bad game of thrones season is still better than most other seasons best efforts.

I've loved every minute of every episode, eagerly anticipating the final season... but I won't be watching the trailer, as tempting as it is. I don't want to see even the tiniest spoiler.

i love your dedication, but the trailer doesn't really show anything other than things i already knew were going to happen and some dragons flying around.

If ever there was a series that benefits from binging it's GoT. Sadly not enough time to get this all done by April 14th. I think it's a case of get the last season done and then then eBay for the Blu Rays and and take two weeks off lol. [/SPOILER]

Cannot disagree with you more even if I tried
GOT is about characters, plot development, unpredictability, many branches playing out simultaneously.

You need the weekly episodes to digest and appreciate it all. Binge watching would just take a lot of its strength and positives away from it. Like taking 20 driving lessons in 20 hours straight won't prepare you for the test but more likely to do so after 20 weeks/ same lessons.

As for the series, I agree with most people that when they started straying from the books it started to fall way a little. It started with some artistic license in series 3 but completely lost it with series 7. Script writers were rushing headlong at breakneck speed to catch a deadline. People when off to another part of the kingdom. Next scene they were there. Next scene they were back! Some characters were sanitized, others behaved out of character etc. Whereas in the first series/ books it took them many episodes with story development along the way.

I'm hoping they return to the books original true identity with the final season but I'm not holding my breath :(

Like taking 20 driving lessons in 20 hours straight won't prepare you for the test but more likely to do so after 20 weeks/ same lessons.
I learnt to drive in a week. On a week long intensive course.

Season 6, episode 9 - Battle of the Bast***s
34 mins in >, that was the first real time I thought I was watching a tv series that should have been viewed in the cinema, amazing episode. All of that rumored $30 million for 1 episode is there to see. Cant wait to see the series conclude.

Season 6, episode 9 - Battle of the Bast***s
34 mins in >, that was the first real time I thought I was watching a tv series that should have been viewed in the cinema, amazing episode. All of that rumored $30 million for 1 episode is there to see. Cant wait to see the series conclude.
Still one of the greatest battles committed to screen imo, one man facing up to that cavalry charge still sends tingles down my spine.

Still one of the greatest battles committed to screen imo, one man facing up to that cavalry charge still sends tingles down my spine.
Red Wedding is the most shocking IMO

agreed nothing I've seen after (and there's been some shockers) has been as shocking as how i felt after watching that episode

And I knew it was coming.
But for me it was "Hold the door", equally shocking, heartbreaking but also satisfying in it being a perfectly realised revelation.

To be honest even the first episode where Bran is pushed off so callously was quite sudden and set the tone for the rest

And I knew it was coming.
But for me it was "Hold the door", equally shocking, heartbreaking but also satisfying in it being a perfectly realised revelation.
And lots of fan theorists about said character returning, as a whitewalker

I really do hope hbo, release this as a super-duper 4k box set, this will be the mother of all boxsets

agreed nothing I've seen after (and there's been some shockers) has been as shocking as how i felt after watching that episode
Agreed. I started involuntarily shouting expletives I was so shocked. Epic. My wife has to come see if I was ok.

She now a fan after convincing her to watch the whole thing again from the start in advance of final season.

One bit that does nag me is the white walkers ‘don’t tire, don’t stop’ etc, but seem to have been marching on Winterfell for about 10 years now, while some characters have been out to where the white walkers are and back several times already!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom