1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News for Batman fans

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by the_pauley, Jul 25, 2003.

1. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I know that many fans of this forum are are also keen TV and Movie soundtrack collectors, so this may be of interest.

The original motion picture soundtrack to the 1966 "Batman" movie is now available on CD. :clap: :clap: :clap: This is a first time release as the soundtrack was never made available before, even on LP.

The company "Film Scores Monthly" release exclusive limited editions of unreleased or hard to find scores. This one is limited to 3,000 copies. It has been out since last year so numbers will be limited. Ordered mine a week ago and got it yesterday.

This is a great Nelson Riddle score and apart from the previously released television soundtrack with music and dialogue extracts, this is the only genuine Adam West era Bat Music available. The CD contains a really nice booklet with detailed notes and photos as well.

Check out the other interesting stuff on the rest of the site too.

https://secure.filmscoremonthly.com/store/detailCD.asp?ID=75

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Nice one the_pauley :smashin: they have some realy rare stuff avalable a shame I have not come up on the lottery could spent a small fortune there.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Do they get stuff back in I have just found they had The Omega Man in but it is sold out and I have been after it ages.:(
    I wouldn’t have minded Enter The Dragon as well although not high on my want list is was in there.

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    A friend tells me that apparently how they work is that they poll subscribers/visitors to the site to gauge the market for potential releases and negotiate a deal for rights based on a fixed number. I suppose if enough people ask about a title they may re-press it.

And yes, I would have liked "The Omega Man" too. :(

I think "Enter The Dragon" had a UK release last year from a major label - Warners I think. Came out with Bullitt, Dirty Harry, Summer of '42 and some other out of print soundtracks. Try Amazon.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    I like some other stuff of Ron Grainer but not all of it is shown at IMDB he wrote a good tune for a series on the BBC called The Detectives??? Which was a series, and had a different main character each week I think it was on a Friday nights, good series but it seems to have been forgotten in the mist of times.
    Others by him The Prisoner (which I have) Man in a Suitcase There Is A List Here

How long did they take to deliver form pacing the order?

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    I have just been over to the site and entered a search on a composer and it comes back with a list of cd that they have done are they available or is it just for info. If they are available how do you get to order them?

7. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JUST FINISHED WATCHING THE original 1966 film wasnt it fantastic