NEWS: Disney+ Star launches 23rd Feb: Everything you need to know

It's live on all my devices now. It didn't ask whether I wanted to opt in to mature content though when opening Disney+ for the first time after Star went live, like the article said it would. Maybe you have to select a piece of 15 or 18 rated content first.

It's live on all my devices now. It didn't ask whether I wanted to opt in to mature content though when opening Disney+ for the first time after Star went live, like the article said it would. Maybe you have to select a piece of 15 or 18 rated content first.

Just read on a reply on their Twitter account that the 18+ stuff isn’t up yet. So maybe that’s why.

Just read on a reply on their Twitter account that the 18+ stuff isn’t up yet. So maybe that’s why.

I just looked at the Disney+ app on my laptop and I had to opt in to 18+ content on there, enter my password and optionally set a PIN.

24 & Lost were the only things I wanted & I can’t find 24 on there yet, really hope it gets added soon I’ve been gagging for a re watch of that for ages

24 & Lost were the only things I wanted & I can’t find 24 on there yet, really hope it gets added soon I’ve been gagging for a re watch of that for ages
24 is showing on the TV app for me.

I had to enter my pin before gaining access to the older content.

I’m only on my phone at then moment but
Is lost in 1080p HD or have they given us a 4K HDR pass?
wishful thinking probably

I’m only on my phone at then moment but
Is lost in 1080p HD or have they given us a 4K HDR pass?
wishful thinking probably
Showing as HD for me.

24 is there for me but Lost is err....lost!

Btw, if you’ve set a PIN you only need to enter it to access a profile. You don’t need to enter it every time you watch a piece of age restricted content.

Last edited:
It’s an insane amount of content to be adding in one go let’s be honest!

Very pleased with the first year for £50 and no hesitation subbing up again even with the slight bump up (for those on the year sub) to £60.

The content is great but a bit disappointed season 6 of Black-ish isn't there, sure I saw somewhere season 1-6 were to be added?! 4K HDR is lacking on a lot of movies, Dolby Vision seems non-existent, there is HDR10 but little Dolby Vision. Early days I suppose.

Last edited:
The content is great but a bit disappointed season 6 of Black-ish isn't there, sure I saw somewhere season 1-6 were to be added?! 4K HDR is lacking on a lot of movies, Dolby Vision seems non-existent, there is HDR10 but little Dolby Vision. Early days I suppose.
Quite surprised by HDR, had a look at Braveheart and that is listed as 4K HDR. Not sure what it is on iTunes, I guess the studios will have to put some time in with their back catalogues and get them restored and upgraded.

Lots of films I want to watch, mostly trashy comedies from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Like a kid at Christmas. Just added the following to my watchlist

The Favourite
Solaris
Romancing the Stone/ Jewel of the Nile
Titan AE
Planet of the Apes (original)
Jennifers Body
The Village, Signs (shaymalan)
Deadpool 2
Grosse Point Blank
High Fidelity
Something about Mary, Shallow Hal (farrellys)
Jennifers Body
Starship Troopers
Die Hard 2
Dark Water
Life Aquatic, Darjeeling Ltd (Wes Anderson)
Omen II
Phone Booth
Crimson Tide
Ed Wood
Bringing Out the Dead (Scorsese)
Lost

and loads more besides. Smashing influx of content.

30 for 30 documentary on there as well been wanting to watch the Be Like Water one for ages

I was also hoping for the spin off from Black-ish, Mixed-ish but no sign.

Deep Rising is on there. The best of the 1990s monster movies, in my opinion.

I remember the review of this

It said characters killed off by how talented the actor was.
With best actors killed off 1st
:)

I went to see this at the pictures, would make a good double bill with Stathams The Meg.

The films arriving on Star are a bit of a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. There are a few I haven’t seen for a long, long time I wouldn’t mind watching again. Wonder why Damien: Omen II is on there but not the superior first film, or Omen III: The Final Conflict for that matter, with Sam Neill as a grown up Damien Thorn. It’s probably the weakest of the three though.

My mistake. I’ve been browsing the content on Star and Omen III: The Final Conflict is on there after all. The first Omen film definitely isn’t though.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to watching some of the early X Files episodes, some are classics I haven’t seen for a long time. Also the first couple of series of 24 and Prison Break, before they both went downhill.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom