NEWS: Disney+ Star launches 23rd Feb: Everything you need to know

So, once you’ve initially opted in on each profile for the 18+ material. Do you still have to enter the PIN each time to access STAR after that?

I may be wrong but the way I read it is that setting a PIN is an optional step to avoid youngsters watching unsuitable material.

I may be wrong but the way I read it is that setting a PIN is an optional step to avoid youngsters watching unsuitable material.
Yeah I’m hoping that’ll be the case too.
Only one profile of mine has a young child using it, but we always choose the stuff beforehand anyway.
So a PIN wouldn’t be necessary every time.

What about Logan?

"but for one cisgender man and his pet monkey"

WTF is a cisgender man???
If you have to ask, your probably too old.

I cannot wait for this. Plenty more to watch that I'd be interested in over vanilla D+. Said before that Family Guy alone is worth it for me and my probably-not-old-enough-daughter.

Is it still the case of being able to share logins over two different address?

I look to be in the minority here .... but even with Star the Disney+ offerings are poor IMHO. Apple has a small number of shows but I would deffo drop Disney+ before it. Netflix is miles ahead of both of them.

What kind of content will STAR offer?? I can’t see anything to get excited about!!

Last edited:
Mine runs out in March. How do I renew now to get the lower price? Does anyone know or is it automatic on renewal?

Mine runs out in March. How do I renew now to get the lower price? Does anyone know or is it automatic on renewal?

I think it stays at £5.99/£59.99 until August for existing customers I think, so yours should auto-renew at the current price. The increase on February 23rd only applies to new customers subscribing from that date.

The films arriving on Star are a bit of a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. There are a few I haven’t seen for a long, long time I wouldn’t mind watching again. Wonder why Damien: Omen II is on there but not the superior first film, or Omen III: The Final Conflict for that matter, with Sam Neill as a grown up Damien Thorn. It’s probably the weakest of the three though.

Just got mine too, so it is good to get it confirmed. Well done Disney for keeping it the same for us early adopters.

The films arriving on Star are a bit of a mixed bag. Some good, some not so good. There are a few I haven’t seen for a long, long time I wouldn’t mind watching again. Wonder why Damien: Omen II is on there but not the superior first film, or Omen III: The Final Conflict for that matter, with Sam Neill as a grown up Damien Thorn. It’s probably the weakest of the three though.
Probably rights issues with Sky. Die Hard isn't available on launch day but the sequels are. Disney have said that the UK content for Star will more than double the 450+ launch day titles available to 1000+ by the end of the year. So, all the films in a franchise that seem to be missing should be available in the coming months when those rights issues run their course.

Just got email confirming that as an existing subscriber my annual subscription will renew at the standard price of £59.99 in March.

I cancelled my yearly subscription after signing up to avoid the auto renewal, just in case I forgot and didn't want to keep it etc.

According to Disney+ Live Chat I now can't renew at the lower price - annoyed.

Plus £10 cashback if you use Topcashback or Quidco :)
Dont have either which is the better and do they pay you via Paypal so you dont have to give bank details?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom