NEWS: Disney+ Star launches 23rd Feb: Everything you need to know

The price increase is waived for those already on subscription this year isn't it? I thought I'd previously read that somewhere.

The price increase is waived for those already on subscription this year isn't it? I thought I'd previously read that somewhere.

Think for existing subs, its waived until Aug 2021.

I don't watch Dramas. Just movies and got most of the Fox films on iTunes / MA where the quality is better.

The Fox films Spies in Disguise & X-Men Dark Phoenix on D+ don't have Atmos.

Yeah found this in the t&cs:

**Price for new subscribers will be £7.99/month or £79.90/year from 23/02/21. Price for existing subscribers will not increase until first bill after 22/08/21.

£5.99 a month or £59.99 a year if you sign up before the 23rd of Feb

Excellent. Really looking forward to this, but it's the 20th Century Fox back catalogue that I'm really hoping to see on Disney+ Star.

Regards,
James.

Yeah found this in the t&cs:

**Price for new subscribers will be £7.99/month or £79.90/year from 23/02/21. Price for existing subscribers will not increase until first bill after 22/08/21.
So does that mean that as an annual subscriber whose sub is up in the middle of March, my renewal will be at the lower rate, or do I need to pay for the next year now?

Looks really good, but yet another service provider using a 4 digit PIN for parental control. I really thought the tech industry would be able to sort this by now :(

So does that mean that as an annual subscriber whose sub is up in the middle of March, my renewal will be at the lower rate, or do I need to pay for the next year now?
Yes, if you're a current subscriber, and you renew before August, you'll pay the current £59.99 instead of £79.99.
If you cancel, but rejoin before August, you'll have to pay £79.99.
If you are a new subscriber and join before the 23rd of Feb, it's £59.99, on or after the 23rd of Feb, £79.99.

Keeping my subscription going for this...its brilliant and the amount of content is mind-blowing for the price,the 4k dolby vision and atmos sound looks and sounds great via the lg app.😊

Yes, if you're a current subscriber, and you renew before August, you'll pay the current £59.99 instead of £79.99.
If you cancel, but rejoin before August, you'll have to pay £79.99.
If you are a new subscriber and join before the 23rd of Feb, it's £59.99, on or after the 23rd of Feb, £79.99.
Saw that this morning, well worth renewing for us at that price

I signed up today as a new subscriber thinking it would stay at the current price of £5.99 a month for 6 months, but I misunderstood and it's actually 12 months at £5.99 as I'm not an existing customer! Even better. :)

I've already watched a couple of episodes of The Mandalorian, and enjoyed them, but it's the arrival of Star that really got me to sign up. Lots of potential for some great mature content on that, both original and library content, from the Disney portfolio of studios. Big Sky and Helstrom look like interesting propositions to start with.

Last edited:
Tempting price.

Info on what will if anything be in 4K/HDR/DV/DA within Star seems very obviously missing, which I think I will take as being not much of the older library and maybe only the new shows might get this uplift.

I am hoping that they are going to update the PS5 app the same day so that it outputs at 4K HDR as it is the only way that I can get Disney to play through my 4k projector :lease:

If we have a current subscription do we get Star until it expires?

I am hoping that they are going to update the PS5 app the same day so that it outputs at 4K HDR as it is the only way that I can get Disney to play through my 4k projector :lease:
I see that the PS5 has just had an update for disney plus that features 4K but on the page for individual content it still says HD and 5.1 but on the settings it says it features 4K ?

"but for one cisgender man and his pet monkey"

WTF is a cisgender man???

So, once you’ve initially opted in on each profile for the 18+ material. Do you still have to enter the PIN each time to access STAR after that?

If we have a current subscription do we get Star until it expires?
Yes. It will integrated into the Disney+ app for all new and existing subscribers from the February 23rd. You just have to opt in and set a PIN for the mature content.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom