NEWS: Disney+ hits 10 million subscribers after first 24 hours

jwsg

There are many (millions of) people who stay subscribed to Netflix all year round but with the price increase, the reviews of new series, and the new services starting, I bet many will think again.

It makes sense to think about what series you want to watch and to sub to services for just long enough. That's what I do with NowTV and I put Netflix into hibernation months ago and still waiting for a good reason to rejoin.

Prime can be had for £59 a year and the new series are quite strong at the moment. Disney+ I'm thinking about as a movie subscription service, no different in cost to buying a couple of Itunes movies per month.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Very interesting look by Vincent Teoh into the actual 4K / DV "upgrade" that the channel has done to the Star Wars original Trilogy. And some good humour & new sound effects as well :)

tman

Like many, I have Netflix and Prime Video (but not actually Amazon Prime!). No Sky or cable - just Freeview for normal TV. I have no interest in Disney+, AppleTV+ or any of the other streaming services. The costs for all these would be horrific when stacked up, and we don't have the hours in the day anyway.
I suspect many of those Disney+ sign-ups are for the free trial, and a huge number will drop out. AppleTV's line-up is dire (maybe except for The Mandalorian), and even Prime Video is pretty poor except for a few of their own produced shows. Netflix still rules as far as I'm concerned, for content and commitment, and it's probably 90% of what we stream (which isn't a massive amount anyway).
I simply refuse to get sucked into this monthly subscription hamster wheel - I have better things to do in life!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Yep, it’s definitely a case of hours in the day for me, more than anything.

With Sky, Prime, Netflix, couple of discs a week form Cinema Paradiso (and that’s without even getting into the thousands of movies and tv shows I own) I don’t have time to watch everything I’d like to.

I do subscribe to Apple because I like the content, The Morning Show is great and I like For All Mankind and for a lesser extent See. I’ll likely cancel when the current seasons of those finish though.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom