This is Toy Story 4!

Attachments

• 9FBF811A-9D3D-4163-9390-A11319C9A9B9.jpeg
    9FBF811A-9D3D-4163-9390-A11319C9A9B9.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 169
Yes. I’m using a firestick.

I haven’t looked. I’m supposed to be working from home not watching films 🤪

I’ll try and look later.

Assuming I was able to run Disney+ at it’s full audio and picture quality (ie not right now) to watch Star Wars how would that compare to the newly released 4K blu-rays?

Just wondering how much better the picture and audio would be? The box set is rather pricey.

Assuming I was able to run Disney+ at it’s full audio and picture quality (ie not right now) to watch Star Wars how would that compare to the newly released 4K blu-rays?

Just wondering how much better the picture and audio would be? The box set is rather pricey.
Id say it will look and sound great but it can never be quite as good as a disk as there is no compression

Id say it will look and sound great but it can never be quite as good as a disk as there is no compression

Thanks. At £200 for the box set I’m just wondering how much better? I realise it will be better but can’t see it will be worth the money (to me)...

I’ve watched all streamed, got them from Vudu when they were on sale (they may still be?).

Watched via Movies Anywhere so they were full fat bitrate, no restrictions. Looked and sounded great.

This was on a 55” oled though, so it may be different on a bigger screen.

The discs may have the edge with sound, but for me, I’ll happily take the £120 saving over the discs.

I’ve watched all streamed, got them from Vudu when they were on sale (they may still be?).

Watched via Movies Anywhere so they were full fat bitrate, no restrictions. Looked and sounded great.

This was on a 55” oled though, so it may be different on a bigger screen.

The discs may have the edge with sound, but for me, I’ll happily take the £120 saving over the discs.
I totally agree on a value basis....I think the Star Wars box set is more of a collector's things as well...that said If I bought it Id just rip it and never use the discs again anyway

Last edited:
Having watched them all, I really don’t see myself watching them all again anytime soon. Maybe the odd one here or there, so cheaper was definitely better for me.

I've seen a few Star Wars 4K disc vs Disney+ comparison reviews from America (where Disney+ hasn't been throttled) that say the discs are superior, which shouldn't really come as a shock to anyone. Rogue One has meant to have the most notable difference in video quality with the Disney+ version being softer, despite still looking very good on D+.

If you're a die-hard Star Wars fan with a decent home set-up it's a no-brainer, go with the discs. I've loved watching all the films in 4K over the last few weeks and I'm very glad that I bought the boxset.

If you're more of a casual fan, absolutely nothing wrong with watching them on Disney+. They will still look and sound great and you don't have to splash out £200+. Just do yourself a favour though and wait until Disney+ actually start showing them in UHD 2160p resolution rather than the 1440p they are currently streaming them in. It will be worth the wait.

I wonder if there’s any difference between the non-throttled Disney+ versions and the Vudu ones?

When are they bumping the bitrate back up? Nat geo is a bit soft.

Soon I hope... All my other streaming services are HDR and Atmos.

How do you know what it’s streaming at? I watched
Star Wars Episode II (don’t ask) Saturday and that was HDR for me. Only 5.1 for audio.

My TV said 2160 but not sure if that’s the source or what the TV has maybe upsalced to

Soon I hope... All my other streaming services are HDR and Atmos.

How do you know what it’s streaming at? I watched
Star Wars Episode II (don’t ask) Saturday and that was HDR for me. Only 5.1 for audio.

My TV said 2160 but not sure if that’s the source or what the TV has maybe upsalced to
I could use my LG app to test. I'll look in a min. Nope, unfortunately pressing info brings up nothing.

Ill know when the Atmos is back as my AVR will say but not sure how I know the PQ is back

Check out toy story 4 that’s Dolby Atmos not found any others yet

Ta!

I am still unsure how I can check the pq is where it should be. Guess I will have to assume if the AVR is saying Atmos then the pq is at the max it will be.

Anyone heard any news on this being fixed in anyway.. just watching age of Ultron and it's by far the worst sounding movie I've heard since I had a dvd all in 1 surround system. It's basically like a cheap flat screen TV speaker, zero dynamics at all, it's taken me by surprise a little bit.

Anyone heard any news on this being fixed in anyway.. just watching age of Ultron and it's by far the worst sounding movie I've heard since I had a dvd all in 1 surround system. It's basically like a cheap flat screen TV speaker, zero dynamics at all, it's taken me by surprise a little bit.
No news on when Disney will up the bitrate or sort out the Dolby Atmos only toy story 4 has that at the moment

I had the same thing when watching Moana on Disney+ , looked good but it sounded so flat that I gave up.

No news on when Disney will up the bitrate or sort out the Dolby Atmos only toy story 4 has that at the moment

I just updated the LG b8 Disney app today and now I have no Atmos on toy story 4 checked using my Q90r soundbar and internal tv speaker 😔, funnily enough Atmos on toy story 4 still works with my Apple TV 4K.

Toy Story 4 no longer in 4K or atmos today. Strange that they would have reverted it back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom