NEWS: Disney drops all 20th Century Fox branding

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Can't see the point of it myself. Why take a world-recognised emblem and effectively destroy it? Makes no sense to me.

Morden

Can't see the point of it myself. Why take a world-recognised emblem and effectively destroy it? Makes no sense to me.
Along with no back catalogue 4k disks, or new 4k disks, disney is trolling consumers.

If they think it will force me to buy inferior digital copies, instead of a 4k disk, then I'll just not bother.

No chance of any more alien films in 4 k, buy die hards in 4k while you can. Going going gone... very soon.

La Finta Nonna

Disney have obviously decided that the famous Fox brand is worth nothing to them and they have just got rid. Sad in some ways but of course if you take over a company you do not have any loyalties to the name.

Pokey800

The Fox brand is tarnished. You have to remember that Fox News is still owned by Murdoch - and not Disney. They want to distance themselves from Fox and Murdoch as much as possible.

richardr

Loopthrough

They've always had image problems at Disney. They always tried to distance the 'grown up' movies with the Buena Vista label and its sub brands, and now this mess.

If they're going to kill 20th Century Fox off because of politics, then they shouldn't do it in such a half-assed way. They should just rebrand everything Disney, and keep 20th Century and Searchlight (ugh!) for feature films.

It's still a jumbled mess.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
^^^
Yup.

We have a superlative release of Alien. All we need is a 4K release of Aliens but if that doesnt happen (dont expect it any time in the next year or 5), we have stellar BR of Aliens to fall back on.

The rest don't matter.

On a wider point though. Disney doing its usual thing. Nobody is surprised bythis.

Graham

We have a superlative release of Alien. All we need is a 4K release of Aliens but if that doesnt happen (dont expect it any time in the next year or 5), we have stellar BR of Aliens to fall back on.
This is very true - Aliens always looked pretty terrible but the Blu-ray was something of a revelation, as was the reconstruction of the underrated Alien 3 (not as good looking, but amazing given how doomed the production seemed to be), so if that’s all we get for them it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Alien Resurrection I would happily never watch again. But not even a Blu-ray, let alone a 4K disc of The Abyss is a crying shame. I cannot understand why James Cameron seems so unbothered by it.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
They've always had image problems at Disney. They always tried to distance the 'grown up' movies with the Buena Vista label and its sub brands, and now this mess.

If they're going to kill 20th Century Fox off because of politics, then they shouldn't do it in such a half-assed way. They should just rebrand everything Disney, and keep 20th Century and Searchlight (ugh!) for feature films.

It's still a jumbled mess.
Well Walt Disney was a known racist and fascist and was rumoured to also be a paedo, so I can see why they've always had image issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom