NEWS: Disney+ announces discount for European launch

How is this service going to be streamed?
SkyQ? An app available on AppleTV? XBox? PS4?

How is this service going to be streamed?
SkyQ? An app available on AppleTV? XBox? PS4?

yeah i heard sky were in a deal with disney + (except there would be no HDR as sky put back there HDR implementation...i believe you can get this via roku stick and ps4/xbox for starters and google chrome box and android tv's

Last edited:
i signed up for £4/month - i've been told there will be an app on the LG C9 and ATV 4k - so a few choices for me

Damn that's tempting. Even at full price it's good value (though without seeing how much content there actually is) and it has to be said the one price for all resolutions and HDR and 4 devices is commendable.

However one has to wary of how quickly this could go up.

And, original varied content might be an issue? The sheer diversity you get on Netflix is amazing, I'm not sure is Disney can do the same.

But for this first year for £50, yeah I'll take a punt.

Damn that's tempting. Even at full price it's good value (though without seeing how much content there actually is) and it has to be said the one price for all resolutions and HDR and 4 devices is commendable.

However one has to wary of how quickly this could go up.

And, original varied content might be an issue? The sheer diversity you get on Netflix is amazing, I'm not sure is Disney can do the same.

But for this first year for £50, yeah I'll take a punt.
Agreed s year of content for £50 is a bargain in comparison to netflix. Hard not to resist if I'm honest

I'm half tempted, but I need the Disney+ app. to surface on my LG TV first. There's nothing that I'm specifically interested in though.

Clem

But for those of us (many people here I expect) that already bought all the Star Wars & Marvel movies on Bluray... what exactly is on Disney+ to entice us (apart from The Mandelorian)?

It might sound "cheap" but its another £50 a year for nothing much, and especially if there is no children in house to watch other Disney movies they make.

I just don't think the content is as extensive or enough new content like Netflix does to justify it.

For me this is what I'm getting it for
Stars Wars in 4K HDR (although I probably end up with the BRs too).
The marvel TV shows
  • Falcon and Winter Soldier
  • Wandavision
  • Loki
  • Hawkeye
  • Marvel's What If...?
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum
They could all be pap, but I still think there will be plenty to keep me interested. I can also understand it won't be everyone and won't have the broad appeal of Netflix or Amazon.

Not working at all for me, just seeing the spinning wheel on chrome. Does anyone know if there will be an app for Lg C8?

But for those of us (many people here I expect) that already bought all the Star Wars & Marvel movies on Bluray... what exactly is on Disney+ to entice us (apart from The Mandelorian)?

It might sound "cheap" but its another £50 a year for nothing much, and especially if there is no children in house to watch other Disney movies they make.

I just don't think the content is as extensive or enough new content like Netflix does to justify it.

I agree to an extent, but its the convenience of it, plus you can watch different programmes on multiple devices, including different rooms (bedrooms) etc, especially with those of us with kids.
I was hoping that maybe a 30 day free trail might happen, but i guess that was wishful thinking

It's tempting, but to be honest I'll probably pay the £5.99 for one month and binge all the Star Wars movies in 4K and see what else I fancy if anything 1st. Then, if I am impressed, £60 for the year isn't really that bad compared to £50 anyway.

It's tempting, but to be honest I'll probably pay the £5.99 for one month and binge all the Star Wars movies in 4K and see what else I fancy if anything 1st. Then, if I am impressed, £60 for the year isn't really that bad compared to £50 anyway.

can you cancel anytime with no fees? with the monthly sub, in fact cant see anything about the monthly offer at the mo just the yearly sub

Hate the binge mentality these days, but that's the beauty of these monthly subs.

can you cancel anytime with no fees? with the monthly sub, in fact cant see anything about the monthly offer at the mo just the yearly sub
I'm sure you could when it was released in the US - that's probably why they released one episode of the Mandalorian a week, so you'd need to sub at least 2 or 3 months.

Hate the binge mentality these days, but that's the beauty of these monthly subs.
What's up with Bingeing? I hate watching shows weekly nowadays - take The Outsider on Sky, watching that every Monday but it's been a real drag. We've watched 10 episodes of Season one of Mr Robot in the last 5 days and have really enjoyed that, plus been more invested in the story because we could binge.

What's up with Bingeing? I hate watching shows weekly nowadays - take The Outsider on Sky, watching that every Monday but it's been a real drag. We've watched 10 episodes of Season one of Mr Robot in the last 5 days and have really enjoyed that, plus been more invested in the story because we could binge.

Don't think you're going to like the roll out of the TV shows on D+ then! :laugh:

My time is very limited these days and have no time to binge shows. So I find the weekly format easier to deal with and get more excited about having to wait a week to see what happens as opposed to attempting to squeeze it all in.

Don't think you're going to like the roll out of the TV shows on D+ then! :laugh:
Another reason I think I'll trial one month 1st :D

I agree to an extent, but its the convenience of it, plus you can watch different programmes on multiple devices, including different rooms (bedrooms) etc, especially with those of us with kids.
I was hoping that maybe a 30 day free trail might happen, but i guess that was wishful thinking

If you already own the movies you can easily put them on a streaming server and use something like PLEX to play in any room of house too. I can do that now.

This is really only useful for those who don't own the movies on disc and maybe young people who never saw them all in the future to watch them. That is the target audience and it is a big one these days as not many buys discs any more.

Anyway I know I am in a tiny minority and not someone the likes of Disney cares about.

But one thing... I think that discount they mention is ONLY if you sign up for a year... so you have to pay them €60 straight away - so the usual, they know people would otherwise pay them €6 for a month and leave.

Last edited:
Another reason I think I'll trial one month 1st :D

I might subscribe for a month or two to watch Mandelorian. That's all I would be interested in on that service.

8d2.jpg

Will all episodes of the Mandalorian be available on launch or will it be weekly? I suspect it will be the latter.

Already planned to share a sub with my brother and his wife so £25 for a year is even better.

Will all episodes of the Mandalorian be available on launch or will it be weekly? I suspect it will be the latter.

The show is over so all episodes should drop at once, if not then they are just being greedy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom