NEWS: Disney+ and Sky in multi-year deal

A crap hub, considering no Dolby vision or HDR. Rather stick to separate subs for Netflix, Disney and Amazon and get full 4K Dolby vision/atmos, HDR via Apple TV 4K our built in tv apps.

A crap hub, considering no Dolby vision or HDR. Rather stick to separate subs for Netflix, Disney and Amazon and get full 4K Dolby vision/atmos, HDR via Apple TV 4K our built in tv apps.

Agreed. Unless you HAVE to have Sky, I really see no need for the platform anymore.

I still have SkyQ - so it'll be handy for the kids to watch Disney+ on when I'm not home. Otherwise if I'm about I'll be using the more complicated (for kids & wife) Shield to access it in UHD with HDR.

What will this mean for Sky’s Ultimate on Demand package. Our subscription already pays for a lot of this content so will pricing be restructured?

Be nice to know if this includes UHD films on the platform as currently they only have a deal for HD.

So is this been provided as part of the Sky Q subscription or do you still have to pay for Disney +?

So is this been provided as part of the Sky Q subscription or do you still have to pay for Disney +?

Someone found this in the small print:

Disney+ is £5.99 a month for UK/€6.99 a month for Ireland, in addition to your monthly TV subscription.

So I expect it will just be an add on.

Thanks
Someone found this in the small print:

Disney+ is £5.99 a month for UK/€6.99 a month for Ireland, in addition to your monthly TV subscription.

So I expect it will just be an add on.

Thanks for that information I will just sign up direct so. Particularly with most likely no HDR or Atmos through the Sky App,

I dont know why people arent making more of a fuss about the lack of HDR! Sky just keep mugging us off with incremental additions at best! I admit Sky Q is a brilliant ecosystem, however it is far from value for money proposition.
I mean BT already offer HDR , what's the hold up!

I have already paid £49.99 direct to Disney. Can I still access it on the Sky Q platform or do I need to pay them directly, like Netflix? I’ll more than likely use the C9 app anyway but would be good to know.

I dont know why people arent making more of a fuss about the lack of HDR! Sky just keep mugging us off with incremental additions at best! I admit Sky Q is a brilliant ecosystem, however it is far from value for money proposition.
I mean BT already offer HDR , what's the hold up!
Agreed. Far from their "believe in better" motto, its incredibly frustrating how far behind the competition they are in terms of streaming quality in general. Compared to a 4k Blu-ray its night and day difference (compare e.g. the opening of the Greatest Showman in terms of audio and video quality) and as Phil mentioned on the podcast its a bit of a joke to see compression artifacts on an "ultra-hd" movie.
I've been a happy sky cinema subscriber until the last few years but I'll be cancelling if they don't improve sharpish. I'd forgive if they were cheaper but between the package cost, Sky Q "HD" charge, extra for multiroom it all adds up.

I’ve been looking forward to Disney+ since it was announced, solely for the purposes of streaming early Simpsons seasons. Now there is a rumour that they won’t be on UK Disney+ since Sky still hold the rights here. :mad:
I wonder if that’s why they’re offering the pre-order discount, to catch people who think it will be as feature packed as other regions.
I really hope it is just a rumour.

Doubt it’s a rumour as Sky do own the rights in the UK.

I’ve been looking forward to Disney+ since it was announced, solely for the purposes of streaming early Simpsons seasons. Now there is a rumour that they won’t be on UK Disney+ since Sky still hold the rights here. :mad:
I wonder if that’s why they’re offering the pre-order discount, to catch people who think it will be as feature packed as other regions.
I really hope it is just a rumour.

What is it about The Simpsons that I’m just not seeing here?

Probably too much to hope that this'll give comcast the shove to get hlg out on sky q.

Hope it’s true then.

Is the Disney+ App being rolled out across all TV Manufacturers?

As really don't want to be using my Sky Q Box to view it. Would rather use the TV led App.

Not sure if I’d buy it yet... but in terms of PQ would it best I view it via my LG OLED app (if it’s coming to LG?) rather than through Sky?

Not sure if I’d buy it yet... but in terms of PQ would it best I view it via my LG OLED app (if it’s coming to LG?) rather than through Sky?
Seemingly LG & Samsung TV's are receiving the App. Along with Android, iOS, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV. I have a Panasonic GZ950, unfortunately Panasonic TV Owners are out of luck. No Disney+ App for us atm.

I have already signed up for it and already have Sky Q so I hope I haven’t wasted my money? A proper app for my 4K tv with hdr would be better.

My VPN did let me watch Disney already though.

So? Is all of national geographic now part of Disney? If so, I don't want Disney. I do want national geographic. Does that mean we will lose it as part of an already contacted package. Surely Sky can't get away with that?

So? Is all of national geographic now part of Disney? If so, I don't want Disney. I do want national geographic. Does that mean we will lose it as part of an already contacted package. Surely Sky can't get away with that?

I doubt any of the Disney owned channels which currently are on packages will disappear. So sure there will be crossover.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom