NEWS: Disney+ adds Star for streaming mature content outside U.S.

and prices going up by £2 a month.

I was starting to question why I was subscribing to Disney+ and currently only do so in order to access The Mandalorian. I've no kids and the service is or was orientated towards children. It is a shame that the price is increasing, but maybe the addition of more adult orientated content is reason enough to at least extend my subscription to the Disney service a little longer than I was previously prepared to and see what it has to offer older subscribers in the future.

The question I'm now asking myself is what to do about the Apple TV service? Do I keep subscribing to this after my 12 month free trial expires?

An extra £2 is worth it for the extra content Star will have. I’m just not sure that the fiver a month is worth it for their current offerings. Looks like they’ll have some tentpole series coming along to address that.

It'll be "TV shows and films from ABC, FX, Freeform, Searchlight, and 20th Century Studios" and not limited to PG 13 and below (or equivalent).

Potentials are: Kingsman, Family Guy, Planet of the Apes, Bob's Burgers, Terminator, Alien, Die Hard, Atlanta, The Americans, Modern Family, Logan and Borat.

It's basically international Hulu.

Alien/Aliens 4K would be nice.

It'll be "TV shows and films from ABC, FX, Freeform, Searchlight, and 20th Century Studios" and not limited to PG 13 and below (or equivalent).

Potentials are: Kingsman, Family Guy, Planet of the Apes, Bob's Burgers, Terminator, Alien, Die Hard, Atlanta, The Americans, Modern Family, Logan and Borat.

Perhaps they will add the missing Xmen Movies which are rated higher then those on Disney.

If Logan’s on there, for sure. Another one I’d happily rewatch in 4K.

I currently use my Nvidia Shield with a VPN to watch the shows/movies that are not on Disney+ so this change will personally give me no benefit but I'll still have to pay the increased fee, will have to think about convincing myself to swallow that increase

There is a tidy back catalogue of films that Disney can show on Star and I expect that is where Blade and the forthcoming darker side of the MCU will end up

Here's hoping they will now add films like Con Air, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor and such when Star is introduced......would love to have those available.

For a £2 a month hike, it’s a great deal for the sheer amount of content they are adding.

Its pretty much the whole Fox movie library of what doesn’t fit into ‘family’. All the TV series like Walking Dead, Modern Family, lost, Handmade’s Tale, Family Guy. Etc

initally it has the potential to add more content than what Hulu has in the US as they are limited because of their contract still with Comcast.

my only hope that the star tab doesn’t just become a content dumping ground as it is almost a streaming service within a streaming service

Does this mean it will incorporate all that crap on hayu on now tv? Those reality shows?

Is there an official UK statement confirming this?

It is part of the news article and the source is Disnrey:

On the back of the introduction of Star, Disney+ will be getting a price rise in most territories and in the UK the monthly fee will rise to £7.99 (or £79.90 if paid annually). No details were given as to when this increase will take place.

There's also another article dealing speifically with the upcoming price increase:
Disney’s latest Investor’s Day saw a price increase for Disney+ revealed, though the company will hope the sting is soon dulled by a massive slate of content announcements.

I was definitely going to cancel next year, however these new additions have got me maybe reconsidering.

IF Family Guy does appear? There's no maybe about it.

Does this mean it will incorporate all that crap on hayu on now tv? Those reality shows?

oh god no. Nothing like that. It may have a few US reality shows like The Batchelor which is an ABC show and under Disney but they will hopefully skip adding a lot of that content

I was definitely going to cancel next year, however these new additions have got me maybe reconsidering.

IF Family Guy does appear? There's no maybe about it.

They’ve shown Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, Cleveland show etc which Disney inherited when they bought Fox

Do you think the £60 year sub will be available right up until the launch of this, pretty good saving locked in on the new price...?

Do you think the £60 year sub will be available right up until the launch of this, pretty good saving locked in on the new price...?

On the back of the introduction of Star, Disney+ will be getting a price rise in most territories and in the UK the monthly fee will rise to £7.99 (or £79.90 if paid annually). No details were given as to when this increase will take place.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom