NEWS: Denon introduces 8K ready AV Receivers as industry's first

where do you find these at AVO ?

AVO - AV Club - Daily Deals —will have to shoot you now... :)

You may have to have ordered something from them in the past to support them rather than just swoop in to get the one deal, I've ordered loads off them in the past multiple amps. projectors etc..

My 4700 is being delivered tomorrow :)
Ordered from Sevenoaks.

Do you have to have bought something from them before?
I'm not sure what you need to do to qualify, is there an option to 'sign up' to AV club?

I've ordered loads from them before so it's possible it's only for existing customers.

Clicking on your account section, or on AV Club on the home page should get you this in the drop down:
Screenshot_20200715-094952.jpg

Turns out there is one for the X3700 model alone as well. So like our Panasonic TVs there are going to be a few threads floating around for this series unless a moderator merges.
New Denon models have always generated their own threads because of the number of variants and their popularity. The big difference this year is the announcement of 8K capabilities and that has opened up more threads than usual. See how it plays out for a while.

Denon X6700H was measured by ASR few weeks ago and there was some issues. Again Denon and Amir worked together. From the site:

I tested the 6700H a couple of weeks ago and found what I considered performance issues. I ran the subset of those measurements by Denon. They examined them and confirmed that the measurements are correct for the unit I have and is due to capacitor substitution. They provided me with this statement to share with you:

“Denon is pleased to work with ASR once again, who kindly shared his Denon AVR-X6700H measurement results with Denon engineering. The initial results ASR shared were surprising and prompted an investigation, which resulted in Denon engineering identifying measurement irregularities caused by a particular capacitor used in the initial production run to mitigate a supply issue caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The latest production units have the capacitor Denon typically uses, which does not show the same measurement results.

Even with the previous production units affected by the capacitor constraint, Denon sound masters approved the audio quality in the initial AVR-X6700H production run and we’re confident it sounds just as good as the latest production units. However, if you purchased a Denon AVR-X6700H and have concerns, please reach out to Denon customer support after August 5, 2020 and we will verify if your unit is affected and offer a replacement if merited. “

They will be sending me a newer unit without this issue for testing in the future. I will be updating this review when I get that sample and test it.

Been wondering, is that AL32 hearable or more specs on paper? I have it on my x4400 also but might upgrade to either 3700 or 4700 depending on audio difference.

Denon is celebrating its 110th anniversary with four special edition products in AVC-A110 A/V amplifier (£4999) amongst other things...

edited to add link

Is that an X8500HA with a bit of jewellery? Because it kind of seems like an X8500HA with a bit of jewellery.

Denon is celebrating its 110th anniversary with four special edition products in AVC-A110 A/V amplifier (£4999) amongst other things...

edited to add link
Oh yes. SACD player please.:thumbsup:

£4999 for an AV amp with Audyssey. That's too big a premium over the 8500 just to have 110 on the fascia.

edited to add link
The AVC-A110 seems designed for Disaster Area's Hotblack Desiato....;)

"Designed and engineered with aspiration in mind, the AVC-A110 is as elegant on the inside as it is on the outside, featuring an all-black interior to truly differentiate from any other AV receiver or amplifier in the market."

It's the wild colour scheme that freaks me,'' said Zaphod whose love affair with this ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight, ``Every time you try to operate on of these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it.

The walls of the swaying cabin were also black, the ceiling was black, the seats --- which were rudimentary since the only important trip this ship was designed for was supposed to be unmanned --- were black, the control panel was black, the instruments were black, the little screws that held them in place were black, the thin tufted nylon floor covering was black, and when they had lifted up a corner of it they had discovered that the foam underlay also was black.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom