NEWS: Denon introduces 8K ready AV Receivers as industry's first

Does anyone know if the X6700 will support spade connectors on their speaker terminals? I'm guessing the terminals are the same as the X6500.

Space is limited at the back of the receiver in my cabinet, straight banana plugs won't fit. I'm currently using 90° banana plugs, but I'm not sure if they'll fit with the Denon terminals being at the bottom.
The dimensions are exactly the same as the X6500 so you could carry on using the angled banana plugs. Spades could still work free unless really tightened down. Never been a favourite connection of mine. I cut out the back of my cabinet to make life easier. It now looks like a well used target on an army shooting range.

Does anyone know if the X6700 will support spade connectors on their speaker terminals? I'm guessing the terminals are the same as the X6500.

Space is limited at the back of the receiver in my cabinet, straight banana plugs won't fit. I'm currently using 90° banana plugs, but I'm not sure if they'll fit with the Denon terminals being at the bottom.

Here's an image of the rear of the X6700:
denon-avc-x6700-rear-1.png

The dimensions are exactly the same as the X6500 so you could carry on using the angled banana plugs. Spades could still work free unless really tightened down. Never been a favourite connection of mine. I cut out the back of my cabinet to make life easier. It now looks like a well used target on an army shooting range.
Thanks, spade connectors aren't my first choice either, but the 45° angle might direct the cables to where I need them.

Bare wire would save the most space, but it's fiddly with the limited access I'm working with. Also it oxidises and needs trimming for every minor adjustment. Then there's the risk of a stray strand bridging the terminals, or falling off and dropping in the unit :eek:.

Fingers crossed I can make the 90° banana plugs work 🤞

Cutting the cabinet will be my last resort, it's a pretty solid design and the fans I added to the back are working well with the small openings. They draw in cooler air from the front and exhaust hot air out the back quite effectively. My Xbox One X no longer sounds like it's about to take off!

Bare wire would save the most space, but it's fiddly with the limited access I'm working with.
I always bare wired but when I had the X6200 they were sods to tighten and like you space is limited. They would often untighten and ruin the connection and so had to be pulled out and retightened. I suspect it was me because they were so close together I couldn't get a good grip because of arthritis in my neck. Used banana plugs ever since with no bother at all. Now I have a X6500.

Strange laser disc RF demodulator aren't included with avr

To satisfy those with legacy hardware?
I appreciate a need but not so many especially when they are assignable. I still have a number items of equipment that rely on such connections, but they are all in the loft or sold on eBay.

I appreciate a need but not so many especially when they are assignable. I still have a number items of equipment that rely on such connections, but they are all in the loft or sold on eBay.
You may find it's a pre designed and produced module, so simple and cheap to use as is, it probably costs a few quid. You may find it would probably cost more to design, test and produce one which is different with less inputs,

For anyone looking to buy an X6700, I have just noticed AVO have a silver one in their AV club Daily Deal.

Price reduced from £2299 to £1880.

No extended warranty included though, so you'd get just the 2 year manufacturer one.

To see it you need to be logged in and go to the 'Daily Deal' tab in the 'My Account' section.

There's one listed as 'In Stock' but it's also marked as Pre-Order for delivery in September, so I'm not sure which is the case.

Edit: it looks like it's no-longer marked as a pre-order.

Last edited:
X3700 When setting this up do you think it is possible use both sub outputs if going to one sub (twin woofers/amp) or would I need to use one sub out and a Y cable to split it.

Which sub has 2 inputs?

X3700 When setting this up do you think it is possible use both sub outputs if going to one sub (twin woofers/amp) or would I need to use one sub out and a Y cable to split it.
Not thinking of a sub with no dedicated LFE but a right and left connection are you. Only one of those should be used.

Subwoofers are mono and don't/cannot portray stereo. Active subs only include left and right line level inputs to enable them to be used with stereo setups devoid of integral bass management and or a didicated mono subwoofer prte out. The sub simply combines both channel inpus in such instances. If using an AV receiver and its subwoofer pre out then you'd just connect one mono feed from the AV receiver to the active sub. The sub usually has the low level input its manufacturer has designated for this labelled as MONO or LFE. There's no benefit or reason to use a Y connector to split the output from the AV receiver and you'd only ever need to use one connection from the receiver's subwoofer pre out to ine input on the subwoofer.

You'd simply connect one of the receiver's subwoofer pre outs to one of the low level inputs on a subwoofer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Sorry should of said it's a homemade sub with twin 15" woofers and powered by a iNUKE NU6000DSP amp which is a stereo/twin amp. So currently I can use both LFE outputs from my AVR one for CH A on the amp and one for CH B, amp outputs going to woofer A and woofer B on the sub. Both LFE outputs are the same on my AVR as I think they are with most cheaper receivers so the above setup works fine.

But as the 3600/3700 has LFE outputs that are independent I can't use both as it will think I've got 2 subs and EQ each woofer separately which would be awful. So unless there is a setting in the AVR menu to combine or have both LFE outputs the same I guess I'll have no option but to split one LFE output to get two LFE inputs to my amp.

Hope that makes more sense.

Hope that makes more sense.
It does, but I think your making things more complicated than they need to be. Just run one RCA-XLR cable to the iNuke input A and in the iNuke remote connect program set the mode to Bi-Amp 1 and disable everything in the crossover tab.

It does, but I think your making things more complicated than they need to be. Just run one RCA-XLR cable to the iNuke input A and in the iNuke remote connect program set the mode to Bi-Amp 1 and disable everything in the crossover tab.
Thanks I'll try that. It's been years since I connected the iNUKE up to my laptop to set it up and EQ it etc, I'll see if I can find that, I'm still happy with the sound so I don't want to change any important settings.

Shame it's not the black one. All my stuff is black.
It looks like you're in luck, AVO now have the black X6700 in their daily deals, along with a black X4700.

The X6700 is down to £1765, the X4700 is £1260.

I'm not sure why these would be on offer when they've only just been released o_O

My guess would be pre-orders and sales so far have been slow compared to a normal Denon product launch. It would make sense with the global situation right now.

Says in stock, only one way to find out!!! :)

Now 4 left.. :thumbsup: Shall I send it to ARS...

PT also says in stock..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom