NEWS: Denon Home wireless speakers now available in UK and Europe

Oh no, with all 3 having voice assistants that will mean that Sonos will release an updated Play:5 shortly and my current Play:5 will stop working in a few years.

They look nice, bit pricey though!

Depending on how good they are.. they will definitely give sonos a run for their money. If I was looking to upgrade my logitech squeeze boxes, I'd probably pick these over sonos...

I wish I'd never sold my squeezeboxes! The Boom was awesome and nothing has ever matched the Radio for portability

Depending on how good they are.. they will definitely give sonos a run for their money. If I was looking to upgrade my logitech squeeze boxes, I'd probably pick these over sonos...

I was looking to get a niece of mine a SONOS Move for her 30th birthday (a joint present from myself and few other relatives) but now she has seen the Denon Home 250 she is leaning towards one of those instead!

So I asked her, what is more important to her: sound quality (and true stereo at that) or some portability?

Her answer: Sound quality. It seems that I have taught her well :)

She had initially been interested in something she could easily move around in her flat, but she is leaning now more towards the Denon. OK so it's not something that can easily be moved but is stereo vs the mono sound of the SONOS Move, it uses the HEOS app (with which I am familiar so can help out if need be - I have a Denon RCD-N10). The Denon also has an AUX in for external audio source, laptop etc.

The Denon Home 250 will cost more but I think it might well be the better option, with the trade-off being she will lose the ability to easily move the unit around different rooms in her flat and certainly not the kitchen near the washing up bowl!

As an aside, I love the Denon RCD-N10 that I have in my bedroom system. The HEOS app is not perfect but none of them are IMHO. I will see if I can get to my local SSV store soon and give the SONOS Move and the Denon Home 250 a listen so I can hear for myself how they compare.

Before anyone suggests I take my niece along, it's not likely....she trusts my judgement on this kind of thing 100%!

Oh no, with all 3 having voice assistants that will mean that Sonos will release an updated Play:5 shortly and my current Play:5 will stop working in a few years.

They look nice, bit pricey though!

For the asking prices, I would hope these new Denon Home are going to sound REALLY good!

She had initially been interested in something she could easily move around in her flat, but she is leaning now more towards the Denon.

Don't discount the Move based on being mono, I have one along with a gen 2 play5 and it fills a room almost as good. Portability I'm not so sure about, it's huge and heavy!

For the asking prices, I would hope these new Denon Home are going to sound REALLY good!

Have you considered Yamaha's MusicCast 20's you could get two of those for the price of the Denon 250 and have change left over?

I was looking to get a niece of mine a SONOS Move for her 30th birthday (a joint present from myself and few other relatives) but now she has seen the Denon Home 250 she is leaning towards one of those instead!

So I asked her, what is more important to her: sound quality (and true stereo at that) or some portability?

Her answer: Sound quality. It seems that I have taught her well :)

She had initially been interested in something she could easily move around in her flat, but she is leaning now more towards the Denon. OK so it's not something that can easily be moved but is stereo vs the mono sound of the SONOS Move, it uses the HEOS app (with which I am familiar so can help out if need be - I have a Denon RCD-N10). The Denon also has an AUX in for external audio source, laptop etc.

The Denon Home 250 will cost more but I think it might well be the better option, with the trade-off being she will lose the ability to easily move the unit around different rooms in her flat and certainly not the kitchen near the washing up bowl!

As an aside, I love the Denon RCD-N10 that I have in my bedroom system. The HEOS app is not perfect but none of them are IMHO. I will see if I can get to my local SSV store soon and give the SONOS Move and the Denon Home 250 a listen so I can hear for myself how they compare.

Before anyone suggests I take my niece along, it's not likely....she trusts my judgement on this kind of thing 100%!

And bluetooth, so when guest come over they can connect up and play their music or you can use Amazon/Apple's own interface rather than the Heos if you prefer.

That's part of the reason why i got rid of my Sonos bar and went with the Heos.

I’m sure they’re pretty good.

But do executives have to spew that information free, gratingly inane vomit.

And do people in media have to print it?

Have you considered Yamaha's MusicCast 20's you could get two of those for the price of the Denon 250 and have change left over?

Haven't heard the Denons yet, but I found the Yamahas quite flabby and indistinct.

Sonos was not much better.

They should all have some rudimentary bass correction.

Monitor Audio did it years ago, and very well too.

It isn’t to much to ask, dsp is dirt cheap these days.

Don't discount the Move based on being mono, I have one along with a gen 2 play5 and it fills a room almost as good. Portability I'm not so sure about, it's huge and heavy!

Absolutely won't discount the Move at this juncture...I did explain to my niece when I sent her the details and YouTube videos, etc, that it's portable but only to a point. Personally I would not want to take a Move on holiday with me but moving from one room to another at home would probably be just fine. All the reviews I've seen and read all say the same thing about the size and weight of it though!

I have looked at the Yamahas you mention but my niece would prefer an all-in-one box solution, rather than two separate speakers...

Personally I would not want to take a Move on holiday with me but moving from one room to another at home would probably be just fine.

Haha yeah, it's probably close to quarter baggage allowance! I was hoping for a more Sonos One size.

Anyone listened to these yet? I was going to purchase a Sonos play 5. Would mostly be used as a standalone speaker. May get a second at some point for a stereo pair. Have just seen these and wondered if the sound quality would be any better over the Sonos? If they are even on quality I'll get the play 5 purely because it's on Amazon for £400...

Surprised there’s still no proper reviews out yet, either written or on YouTube, as this seems to be readily available.

I might be interested in the 150 for the kitchen if it’s decent. Be mote substantial than my UE Boom and avoids me having to fire up my full speaker set up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom