NEWS: Denon announces AVC-A110 Anniversary AV Amplifier

ashenfie

I like Auro-3D being in the line "AV amplifier which combines the latest and most popular 3D audio formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, DTS:X Pro, IMAX Enhanced, Auro-3D, to create a fully immersive and cinematic experience for the listener" as the only film I ever heard of having that format being the "The German Texas Chain Saw Massacre" and a few other films I never want to watch either.

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Great to see a classic come back, however still only one HDMI 2.1?

worcesternaf

Be interesting to see how it measures compared to the 8500 which can be had for half the price.

Mister_Tad

Woah! Mama! Want!!! :)
It appears to be an X8500HA with a new badge and finish, and a bit of other jewellery.

So if those things don't bother you, pick up an X8500 for £2700 and fork out the requisite £500(ish) for the upgrade come the end of the year.

EDIT: Or perhaps not?

Largely cosmetic updates mentioned on this page - AVC-A110

Yet:
Based on Denon’s current flagship AV receiver, the X8500H, the AVC-A110 features over 250 electrical components and 150 mechanical improvements along with custom die cast feet for extra stability.
One would think that's what you would lead with on the product marketing page, as opposed to the new finish.

Last edited:

Paul7777x

How much power can the thing actually deliver with a 1000W power supply? And why in the name of Satan’s fiery nads is any manufacturer still sticking component video in their receivers? And composite?

Evinger

And why in the name of Satan’s fiery nads is any manufacturer still sticking component video in their receivers? And composite?
Fills up any gaps on the backside. :)

GoingGoingGone

Distinguished Member
It appears to be an X8500HA with a new badge and finish, and a bit of other jewellery.

So if those things don't bother you, pick up an X8500 for £2700 and fork out the requisite £500(ish) for the upgrade come the end of the year.

Yet:

One would think that's what you would lead with on the product marketing page, as opposed to the new finish.
Where?
Apart from a refurb at £2100, pricespy shows minimum price of X8500 to now be £3199 with most places at £3499.

Mister_Tad

Where?
Apart from a refurb at £2100, pricespy shows minimum price of X8500 to now be £3199 with most places at £3499.
Interesting. In that case I'd suggest first sourcing a time machine and going back just a few weeks, as until then the going rate just about everywhere seemed to be £2699.

I'm surprised it's not just sitting at that price to clear them out before the X8500HA launch. Suppose if they're going to demand £5000 for this A110 and... £4300? for an X8500HA, they can hardly have X8500s kicking about for £2700.

Last edited:

steve sph

I'm sure it's great, but is it worth more than an 8500, a Roksan K3 and healthy change in your sky rocket?
Be interesting to see it reviewed alongside the Arcam AVR 30 which I guess would be comparing apples with apples.

Kotatsu Neko

How much power can the thing actually deliver with a 1000W power supply? And why in the name of Satan’s fiery nads is any manufacturer still sticking component video in their receivers? And composite?
Where else are you going to plug in your MUSE Hi-Vision player?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
And why in the name of Satan’s fiery nads is any manufacturer still sticking component video in their receivers? And composite?
I was quite glad of it on my Marantz, my mrs is on a get fit mission and asked me to get her old Wii up and running.
Can't imagine most are actually used though.

Mister_Tad

I had an N64 and a Wii plugged into said ports until not long ago.

That's not to say I ever used them. But plugged in they were.

encaser

They're more a US/projector hangover that manufacturers continue to pander to.

But, yeah, I'll not be rushing out to buy one for the badges...I believe there's an appropriate line in Blazing Saddles regarding such.

The price for the 8500 bounced up 900 pounds when it became wider news that it wasn't being replaced bar the 8K upgrade. No typical greed there.

Last edited:

blacksheep99

Yet:

Stability? Do they mean in how it produces the sound sense??! One concern I've never had about an AVR is will it tip over or wobble..... :D

petetherock

I'd like to consider this as a Denon "KI" version of the 8500...
Is it worth the $$, well for HT, I doubt it... and for critical listening you can buy a decent stereo amp with HT bypass instead... but for the bling and bragging rights, it's definitely worth it ;)
Where do I sign... :D

Looks like you are paying an extra £2000+ for special edition colour and label! Same watts as the Denon 8500...

Steve Stifler

Why extra stable feet I wonder? No doubt it’s built like a brick .... house, so only an earthquake might move such a bulky box.

gibbsy

Why extra stable feet I wonder? No doubt it’s built like a brick .... house, so only an earthquake might move such a bulky box.
Same weight as the 8500, 23.3kg.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Great to see a classic come back, however still only one HDMI 2.1?

It isn't the return of a classic and simply a special edition version of what will be their AVC-X8500WA model. The only difference is its anniversary branding.

Jaytee23

Standard Member
looking on the Denon uk website at the specification the AVC-110, the Multichannel Surround section state that the AVC-110 is able to Decode MPEG-H. Even the AVC-X8500 and the AVC-X6700 doesn't decode this. Mpeg-H is the basis for Sony 360 reality Audio. Is this a new sound format that we will soon be able to listen to via new AVRs.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for October 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Skyworth launches 8K Q71 TV