NEWS: Denon and Marantz bring Roon compatibility to products

My X8500 has always worked through Roon, the only difference I can see now is it's under the "Roon Tested" category of audio devices in setup, and not "Other Network Devices"

Does anyone know if there's an actual, material difference in what's going on?

Same question what does roon rested mean really versus via airplay or chrome cast audio. Also my marantz sr7012 is not showing up as a roon tested device yet do I need a firmware update or am I missing something.

I would think it's more likely a Roon update, than a firmware update on the AVR, that re-classifies it.

Are you on 1.7 build 528?

I would think it's more likely a Roon update, than a firmware update on the AVR, that re-classifies it.

Are you on 1.7 build 528?
Just checked there yes I am. I can see the avr as an airplay device but not as roon tested.

Is the Marantz 7010 included in this?

Is the Marantz 7010 included in this?
I believe the 7012 is as far back as it goes if the 7010 supports airplay it should show up in other devices and work that was as my 7012 has been. I don’t believe roon tested brings anymore to the table.

Yes it does have airplay. I was due to upgrade my receiver, I was just waiting for hdmi 2.1 to be implemented. I do have roon via my oppo 205, but wasn't sure if my receiver had to have it aswell. I was thinking about trying roon out..also tidal

Its only showing via Airplay on my new Denon AV3600h. No Roon certified setting, everything on latest firmware...no problem on my Linn Selekt.

It still shows via airplay, just under a different heading. I didn't have to change or (knowingly) update anything and it's just moved here from the "Other network devices" group.

1585505934906.png

It's not Roon Ready at all, it's "Roon Tested", which AFAIK means "definitely works fine" as opposed to a generic Airplay device which "almost certainly works fine"

I detect no difference in use to before, but I might be missing something.

Yes it does have airplay. I was due to upgrade my receiver, I was just waiting for hdmi 2.1 to be implemented. I do have roon via my oppo 205, but wasn't sure if my receiver had to have it aswell. I was thinking about trying roon out..also tidal
L
Its only showing via Airplay on my new Denon AV3600h. No Roon certified setting, everything on latest firmware...no problem on my Linn Selekt.
Same with my marantz avr not sure why might raise the question on roons forums see can anyone give me a pointer.

Bit pointless as Roon sounds better from a dedicated stereo amp.
Receivers should stick to what they do best video surround tracks not music

The Marantz page is blank, anyone know if the 7012 is a Roon tested AVR?

Bit pointless as Roon sounds better from a dedicated stereo amp.
Receivers should stick to what they do best video surround tracks not music
Not everyone has the luxury of having multiple set-ups and currently AVRs dominate the 'amplifier' market so it makes perfect sense. I use a lot of AVRs as amps as an older high end AVR is still better than may budget amps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom