NEWS: Denon and Marantz AVRs made after May 2021 are HDMI 2.1 bug free

Joe C

If you look long enough at graphs then your hearing does apparrently improve. You can also become an expert on audio engineering overnight by simply glancing at a graph?

Who knew?
Word

rccarguy2

Avs
If you look long enough at graphs then your hearing does apparrently impriove. You can also become an expert on audio engineering?

Who knew?

If you don't care about graphs why bother with rew then? Who cares about how flat speakers are or phase overlap, or setting speakers large.

Double standards!

dante01

Distinguished Member
Avs

If you don't care about graphs why bother with rew then? Who cares about how flat speakers are or phase overlap, or setting speakers large.

Double standards!

I don't.

Most of those using it aren't even able to interpret what it is telling them. REW doesn't calibrate your AV receiver, it takes measurements of your room's acoustics. Even if altering the filters onboard the AV receiver, this doesn't improve that receiver's electrical performance. You are simply filtering the signal relative you your room's acoustics.

Simply using REW isn't enough. You have to know how to use it, how to read the results and then how to adjust the filters onboard the AV receiver in orfer to change the results you are getting.

Most people can't be arsed and neither should they have to be. Most people using REW spend more time playing with it than actually using their setup for its intended purpose.

Again, many of those using REW appear to miraculously become audio engineers overnight.

Double standards? I don't use REW!

Last edited:

Joe C

REW => more graphs => improved hearing

Whilst I don’t agree with @dante01 on a lot of things, his post you have ignored is spot on and the correct response to what you have posted here

xano91

Novice Member
I had a direct response on the official Denon Japan page on tweeter

AVC-A110のアップデート後、AKMチップは変更されましたか?

Has AKM chip changed after AVC-A110 update?

ご質問をありがとうございます。AVC-A110についてはD/Aコンバーターは変更しておりませんので、音質もそのままです。どうぞご安心ください。

Thanks for your question. As for the AVC-A110, the D / A converter has not been changed, so the sound quality remains the same. Rest assured.

nenito2k

Did denon improve heating on these V2 models by any chance...?

Last edited:

rccarguy2

Did denon improve heating on these V2 models par any chance...?

Not that I'm aware, why don't Denon/Marantz allow you to enable the fans? Even if they were at 600rpm it'll provide a constant airflow..maybe a way to reconnect to dedicated outlet so always one? Look difficult to remove (ideally I'd change with high end models)

Unless there is a cut out on the bottom, that would make sense..

If I fitted AC infinity fans ontop of the unit I'd remove the internal fans to aid airflow around heatsink/air inlet...

Strawbs2018

Novice Member
Well I don't know. I don't think pros even use HT equipment and TVs to play anyway. People have however noticed that if they use advanced format over eARC there is noticeable lag in audio(console straight in TV) and Xbox gamers wont like to use Dolby Atmos etc for this reason.

My son has his PS5 hooked up to a dedicated 24” monitor for his gaming, rather than his 4K Samsung 50” TV because - he says - Lag is introduced by the Samsung and he gets a shorter response time using a monitor. He’s not a “pro” gamer, but loves his RPG’s. Any serious gamer would do the same.

Dobbyisfree

Not that I'm aware, why don't Denon/Marantz allow you to enable the fans? Even if they were at 600rpm it'll provide a constant airflow..maybe a way to reconnect to dedicated outlet so always one? Look difficult to remove (ideally I'd change with high end models)

If I fitted AC infinity fans ontop of the unit I'd remove the internal fans to aid airflow around heatsink/air inlet...

There seems to be little interaction available with the cooling system. The service manual shows how to get into the service diagnostics, and that can tell you if it has had "thermal events" (where it has shutdown) and how many it has had. Other than that, I can't see any more.

The good thing is that there a many thermal sensors shown in the wiring diagrams that input to the shutdown system.

If someone was a whizz kid they could probably use the wiring diagram and put some sort of manual connection to its own internal fans. But expect they're probably PWM.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Why would you need or want to override the already operational fan control system. Are you more aware of the operational temperature range of the AV receivers than the people manufacturing them? The fans come into use as and when required relentive to the oprational temperature range off the AV receiver.

rccarguy2

Why would you need or want to override the already operational fan control system. Are you more aware of the operational temperature range of the AV receivers than the people manufacturing them? The fans come into use as and when required relentive to the oprational temperature range off the AV receiver.

Peace of mind and prolong life of the avr we all know how how d/m get so even low speed rpm reduces heat from hot to warm

dante01

Distinguished Member
So you've done the studies that would show that having the fans active at lower temperatures and in use more frequently would prolong the life of said AVR?

I doubt it would make much if any difference. The reason the fans are not in use more often is that they aren't required to be in use more often.

Last edited:

rccarguy2

So you've done the studies that would show that having the fans active at lower temperatures and iobn use more frequently would prolong the life of said AVR?

I doubt it would make much if any difference. The reason the fans are not in use more often is that they aren't required to be in use more often.
Lol
Just lol.

Strawbs2018

Novice Member

Having upgraded from a 12 y/o Onkyo that would burn the back of your hand - even when switched off if you had HDMI pass-through enabled (not kidding), I’m just happy to know Denon saw fit to employ twin cooling fans inside the unit! If they ever power up, I’ll take it as a warning my neighbours must be mad with me.

Never had an issue with the Onkyo even after all that time stewing in a unit.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom