NEWS: Cyrus announces ONE Cast Smart Audio System

Saw this earlier today on FB and it's great news. It will do away with the dreadful Cadence app and also provide free firmware updates. This really is the leap in to streaming that Cyrus needed to do. I just need to save a few pennies and convince my wife it is a good investment.

No more Cadence app would be a good thing - it was only designed to slowly torture owners - they should be reported to Amnesty International for releasing that app.

Does it come with a remote or a way of controlling it via IR? I hate not having a remote and no IR (even if no remote) mean I can't automate the control of it with my Logitech between listening to music and AV (HT bypass mode).

Before anyone gets carried away note that the Cast One will not stream from a NAS device. It’s mainly for playback from online services like Spotify etc. So Cadence does not have any relevance here.

Hi, does anyone know what the difference between this and the HD version with a Chromecast Audio attached (apart from being a bit tidier)? Thanks. Chris.

Given how quickly casting/streaming technology changes I'm still hesitant to marry it to an amp.
I'd rather have a casting/streaming pre-amp and then power amp separately (or even active speakers).

Ideal would be a pre-amp with network, digital optical , analogue and phono inputs with inbuilt DAC and phono stage and an IR controlled (as well as voice controlled if you must) selector.

Pair it with a matching half-width power amp of a power to match your speakers or your budget or use active speakers and Bob's your uncle. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom