NEWS: Cineworld signs Warner deal and signposts reopening

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
Scott.jpg

IronSoldier

I sadly won't likely be going until i'm vaccinated which as i'm in my 20s won't be for a while yet. So slightly disappointed there isn't going to be a digital same day release here too. Ultimately think i'll wait until these titles go to their normal release (disc, itunes ect) as suspect even after the 31 day window they'll have them at a premium digitally which for someone who lives alone and is after a month from release.. Yeah no thanks.

Daniel M13

Great news as a film lover indeed. If im honest ive grown to enjoy home theatre a lot more over this last year and don't think ill be renewing my Cineworld card. I like the cinema experience but tbh during my last few visits before lockdown my film experience was let down constantly by other annoying viewers! at least at home i can be completely in the zone and atmosphere, just means waiting a little longer for physical i guess.

dante01

Distinguished Member
I don't think these new thangled cinema things will catch on. Maybe if they have a pick and mix in the foyer?

Kingchin

I haven't been to the cinema in year's, I just buy blu rays and 4k blu rays and watch the occasional streamed movie. but great news for the film industry, would be a shame if cinemas died out completely. 🎬

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Good news. I intend to up my game and go quite a few times as soon as it's open.

If they do some special deals (like a fiver a ticket) to encourage people back, i'll be going twice a week, as long as there's films to see lol.

Gotta support those hammered businesses that have been so harshly dealt with.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Indeed Dom. I said I'd crawl through hell to watch Top Gun: Maverick. Nothing has changed.

I understand there will be a lot of apprehension at first. Hopefully the sight of people going though will spur others on to do the same.

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Sadly after moving house there are no Cineworld's near me, and I had to turn to Odeon.

That said, first day they are open I'll be running in there and watching whatever is on. Missing it a lot.

A Quiet Place Part 2, Top Gun, Bond, Dune... Oh my.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Indeed Dom. I said I'd crawl through hell to watch Top Gun: Maverick. Nothing has changed.

I understand there will be a lot of apprehension at first. Hopefully the sight of people going though will spur others on to do the same.

There may well be for some Rich but, imo, an awful lot of young people wont give 2 hoots about getting back into a cinema (even though it might well be only half full). Witness the parks (as an example) that are heaving with young people whenever the sun comes out). Yes one outdoor one indoor but a lot of young people have dismissed a lot of the government propaganda re Covid and have their own views on it.

Anyways, yup, I’ll go and see Maverick (though not a mega fan of Top Gun) as those fighter jets really flying (no blue screen lol) around demand to be seen on as big a screen :thumbsup:

I’ve lost track on what else is coming/been delayed :blush: (the Godzilla movie comes to mind) as there’s been little point getting hopes raised when all Boris does is dash them.

I guess Bond might get a release too but they shouldnt leave it till Winter as we’ll probably be in lockdown again then :rotfl::rotfl:

richp007

Distinguished Member
Bond? Whose Bond? Have they made a film? :D

Yeah I'm hoping to get back as much as possible to the cinema. I'll even go and see stuff now I wouldn't normally go and see as well.

I think young people might actually be more fearless, it's the oldies I'm more worried about not going back. Still going to be a lot of trepidation I think even after we're all vaccinated. Social attitudes and behaviour may well have permanently shifted. But that's all for another thread anyway!

PlexShaw

I'm moving into my local when it reopens, whether they like it or not. :D

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom