NEWS: Cineworld Cinemas to reopen by 10th July and then close again

Sainsbury's and Asda, have said they will not enforce the new mask rules due to fear of staff abuse/violence against them which has already happened. And the police have said they are there to enforce the streets, not the shops, as they don't have the manpower to do so. Which is true. This virus is really scaring many (including me) as is some peoples nonchalant attitude to it. They scare me more than the virus.

At the risk of sounding snobby I think the take up will depend very much on the neighbourhood.

Where I live I been seeing a lot of mask wearing in shops even before the law came in.

I agree that the shops can’t be expected to enforce it and that the Police don’t have the resources so it is trusting people to do the right thing.

Sad to say, but you can definitely see neighbourhoods that as a whole follow instructions and neighbourhoods that as a whole don’t.

I agree with you, with cinemas, it is not the measures that the cinemas are putting it place, I trust them, it is the customers that I don’t trust.

Cheers,

Nigel

Opening in 5 days apparently but no films or times? I'm not convinced.

Sad to say, but you can definitely see neighbourhoods that as a whole follow instructions and neighbourhoods that as a whole don’t.

Sad to say you only have to read the news about Blackburn to see that. Its gone viral with an 'R' rate of 79.2 per 100,000 and rising.

At the risk of sounding snobby I think the take up will depend very much on the neighbourhood.

Where I live I been seeing a lot of mask wearing in shops even before the law came in.

I agree that the shops can’t be expected to enforce it and that the Police don’t have the resources so it is trusting people to do the right thing.

I agree with you, with cinemas, it is not the measures that the cinemas are putting it place, I trust them, it is the customers that I don’t trust.

Cheers,

Nigel

Surely stores have the funds to hire a bouncer, they need the work after nightclubs shutting down :D

Honestly though people don't get all whiny and bitchy when asked to take their shoes off round a mates house I don't understand why they getting so abusive when asked to cover their face and nose for 5-10 minutes.

Personally I would prefer not to, before shops have not asked people to, they are now asking and since it is their home I will oblige.

If the Cinemas will require it as well it will be tough unless they ban consumption of food/drinks which is unlikely and have permanently manned screens but I would be more than happy to do so if it means getting back to movie watching with the volume up.

yeah youd think they would open bookings
My 6 year old asks me daily when are we going. I'm more than comfortable taking him but could really do with some indication of what we can see.

Honestly though people don't get all whiny and bitchy when asked to take their shoes off round a mates house I don't understand why they getting so abusive when asked to cover their face and nose for 5-10 minutes.

Couldn’t agree more - welcome to the age of entitlement.

Cheers,

Nigel

Beginning to get fed up with Cineworld to be honest.

To start off with when I asked questions, they were responsive, replying very quickly but didn't answer my questions.

They then entered a stage where they would take a week to respond but still didn't answer the question.

They might have started a new tactic. After three days they responded saying that my email was blocked so they didn't receive it , would I please send it again. Hang on, if they didn't receive my email how did they know I had sent one and who to reply to with their childish little message.

Anyway, sent it again, let's see what the next stage is.

And before you ask, my email is polite and simply asking when the call centre will open - because in previous emails they keep telling me to contact the call centre if I want to free my account.

Cheers,

Nigel

In these dark times everyones on edge nigel.

I get their concern, going to the cinema was one of my biggest pleasures and I want it to return to normality.

When they announced they were closing their doors, they said they would take the next payment (a month in advance), I thought it was unusual but went along with it to help the return - so they have £60 of my money (not a great deal I know) sat in their bank.

I assumed that I would have some control when I could return - that I could choose when I felt it was safe to do so. Initially they said "tough, no, you have to restart when we order it".

I then asked some questions about what their precautions would be, how they would work and how they would enforce them. They have refused to answer on every occasion.

I asked if it would be possible to freeze my account, to which they replied 'no, not at all'. I replied saying that I would be forced to cancel my account then, all I needed to do was to give one month notice and can I have my money back please.

Now I'm not arrogant enough to think this was all down to me, I suspect they had many reactions like this. But for whatever reason they did a 180 and came back saying that I could freeze my account for up to 3 months.

When asked how to do that I was told I would have to speak to the call centre nearer the time.

When I asked, why can't I just make my request over the email they reasserted that I must make the request to the call centre nearer the time.

And here we are, just 7 days until reopening and the call centre is still closed. And now they are playing silly games saying they didn't get my emails even though they must have got them to be able to know when to say that they didn't receive one.

It now feels like they are going to play all the games in the world to stop people freezing or cancelling accounts (and yes I get why they want to do that) and am now expecting the call centre to open on the 31st be swamped with calls, people won't be able to get through and then be told "sorry you didn't tell us in time, you membership has been restarted"

So yes Cineworld are making me edgy.

Cheers,

Nigel

Leave the glasses at home and take a magnifying glass :D

A86363C3-AE23-4BAB-AABA-59A910B6CA31.png

FWIW, Picturehouse announced a few days ago that tickets would go on sale on the 28th and we all know who they are owned by... :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom