NEWS: Chord Electronics debuts ULTIMA 3 power amp at UK Hi-Fi Show Live

I wonder how much of the cost of an amp like this is the case work - 60-70% or more?

I didn't know Chord went this high up the pricing ladder. I know their dacs are good, and reasonably priced for a seasoned audiophile, but 11k amps?! (and the staggering 30k amp it replaced)

Barking up the wrong tree?

Tech specs don't scream either, it's below par for such a device. Bruno's HYPEX would blow these out of water at 1/10th the price for the pair. As @larkone mentioned it's mostly the case work and Chord brand name. And the people buying would be elite class anyway.

Tech specs don't scream either, it's below par for such a device. Bruno's HYPEX would blow these out of water at 1/10th the price for the pair. As @larkone mentioned it's mostly the case work and Chord brand name. And the people buying would be elite class anyway.
Don’t go by specs alone, I replaced my hypex class D with the spm1200mk2 despite the specs being better for the hypex. The chord just sounded more solid.

Don’t go by specs alone, I replaced my hypex class D with the spm1200mk2 despite the specs being better for the hypex. The chord just sounded more solid.
I respect your opinion but it would possibly be the distortion making the amp sound solid in this case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom