NEWS: Chord Electronics debuts ULTIMA 3 power amp at UK Hi-Fi Show Live

larkone

I wonder how much of the cost of an amp like this is the case work - 60-70% or more?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I didn't know Chord went this high up the pricing ladder. I know their dacs are good, and reasonably priced for a seasoned audiophile, but 11k amps?! (and the staggering 30k amp it replaced)

Barking up the wrong tree?

vkvedam

Tech specs don't scream either, it's below par for such a device. Bruno's HYPEX would blow these out of water at 1/10th the price for the pair. As @larkone mentioned it's mostly the case work and Chord brand name. And the people buying would be elite class anyway.

Antiquarian

Tech specs don't scream either, it's below par for such a device. Bruno's HYPEX would blow these out of water at 1/10th the price for the pair. As @larkone mentioned it's mostly the case work and Chord brand name. And the people buying would be elite class anyway.
Don’t go by specs alone, I replaced my hypex class D with the spm1200mk2 despite the specs being better for the hypex. The chord just sounded more solid.

vkvedam

Don’t go by specs alone, I replaced my hypex class D with the spm1200mk2 despite the specs being better for the hypex. The chord just sounded more solid.
I respect your opinion but it would possibly be the distortion making the amp sound solid in this case.

Top Bottom