NEWS: Cambridge Audio starts Chromecast integration

I'm a massive fan of Chromecast Audio, my collection of devices seems to be ever expanding and I'll frequently recommend on here.

however I'm not convinced having it integrated into an existing streamer makes a massive amount of sense TBH especially when you could connect a regular CCA to a nice standalone CA DAC if you want to improve it's performance.

Will this overcome the issue I had with the CCA which required a hell of a lot of fenagling to get it to stream directly from Tidal servers (using Bubble Upnp) rather than through the phone?

I took it back in the end as my TV streams Tidal just fine.

Don't know about how Naim and CA are using CCA, but with Roon a CCA can be used as a Zone endpoint - ie an audio zone in its own right. I guess the others are similar.

I've the the cxn 1
I'm assuming Chromecast not supported?

Will this overcome the issue I had with the CCA which required a hell of a lot of fenagling to get it to stream directly from Tidal servers (using Bubble Upnp) rather than through the phone?
You can now stream direct from the Tidal app.

Does this mean Cambridge will embed a full fat Chromecast audio rather than just the Spotify/tidal client apps so you can set it up in zones with other Chromecast units, I guess this is to rival the Nad Bluos and Yamaha Music cast systems.

Does this mean Cambridge will embed a full fat Chromecast audio rather than just the Spotify/tidal client apps so you can set it up in zones with other Chromecast units, I guess this is to rival the Nad Bluos and Yamaha Music cast systems.

That's exactly what built in Chromecast means yes.

It's not entirely clear in the article but this isn't a new device but rather a firmware update to an existing device.

Using the Google home app you can create groups that can include Chromecast Audios, Google home smart speakers and any other devices with CCA built in (there's at least 1 AVR with I'm aware of)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom