NEWS: Bowers & Wilkins releases new Music App for Formation platform

stuman

Good headway,

I'm holding off for either WiSa support or another method of getting TV audio out with low input latency without the need for a big (and £500) box.

hubiedub

Novice Member
This is a huge improvement. The company has been through the ringer since the Eva acquisition...I had all but lost hope that they would update the app as previously promised. Was pleasantly surprised when this dropped onto my iPhone with zero fanfare and fuss. They now have a proper in-house software development capability...and this release really shows its potential. The content aggregation, auto-playlist and recommendation engines are concise, useful and quick to navigate. Multiroom speaker management is already nicer than BluOS. Formation now has a proper platform that can be built upon.

If they could just add the following to the range:

1. A soundbar with HDMI eARC input that supports lossless and object-based formats. Having just optical in was a massive oversight.
2. A stereo-configurable speaker around the €1K mark (something to fill the gap between the Flex and the Duo)
3. A beefier sub...perhaps a wireless DB3D...or the potential to add multiple subs to a single space...the current one is nice but loses impact a bit in larger rooms.

I’m hoping this isn’t a last gasp but a new beginning for the Formation range.

bernado

This is a huge improvement. The company has been through the ringer since the Eva acquisition...I had all but lost hope that they would update the app as previously promised. Was pleasantly surprised when this dropped onto my iPhone with zero fanfare and fuss. They now have a proper in-house software development capability...and this release really shows its potential. The content aggregation, auto-playlist and recommendation engines are concise, useful and quick to navigate. Multiroom speaker management is already nicer than BluOS. Formation now has a proper platform that can be built upon.

If they could just add the following to the range:

1. A soundbar with HDMI eARC input that supports lossless and object-based formats. Having just optical in was a massive oversight.
2. A stereo-configurable speaker around the €1K mark (something to fill the gap between the Flex and the Duo)
3. A beefier sub...perhaps a wireless DB3D...or the potential to add multiple subs to a single space...the current one is nice but loses impact a bit in larger rooms.

I’m hoping this isn’t a last gasp but a new beginning for the Formation range.
Haven't they answered your No. 1 with their Stage?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom