NEWS: Bowers & Wilkins launches Panorama 3 soundbar

steve iow

Looks interesting, waiting for comparison between the Bose 900 +Sonos Arc as not worried about a separate sub this might just fit the bill

HighFidelitist

Novice Member
This looks simply awesome! Seem to have taken some design / finishing queues from their Sound United/Denon stablemates with the fabric on the lower half. Makes me intrigued to see if Denon will release a similar beast themselves, placed above their Home Soundbar 550.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Really interesting price point, but whyyyyy only offer 1 hdmi?
I agree. Manufacturers seem hell bent on ignoring the fact that a lot of us want that external connectivity. Lack DTS audio codec support is another. The list goes on. HDMI switches do work, but are an unnecessary hassle.

As much as I’m interested in this bar, B&W won’t be getting a sniff of my money due to the poor connectivity. The lack of a subwoofer connection is another mark against it. Pity.

NewbieAudiophile

Was intending to start a thread on this and saw that one was already made.

I like the idea of this soundbar.

According to B&W (Panorama 3. The Bar. Raised. | Bowers & Wilkins) the frequency response is 43 - 20 000 Hz.

This is achieved via two four-inch bass drivers situated at the top of the sound bar.

I'm curious to see how the claimed numbers will stand in real world application..?

IMO, if you're going for a soundbar, the best bet is the samsung flagship on discount, since it provides a good balance of price and efficacy.

Andanotherthing

Makes me wonder if any of these manufacturers offering the minimum connectivity and no dts etc have ever asked customers what the want. I’m sure this will lose them a lot of sales.
It’s bonkers isn’t it. Who are they asking. Who’s in their focus groups? Like clem says, haven’t they heard of external connectivity?
I’d love to consider this bar, but I’m out even before any feedback on the sound quality comes through

MQ123

Novice Member
It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against Panorama 2. I have panorama 2 paired with PV1D and is a sweet combo.

Surely, this offers support for Dolby, and probably hDMI 2.1 ARC but on sound quality alone is it comparable to last gen? I bought pano 2 for c£2k and was expensive still when new, this at £900 and smaller profile makes me wonder if it is truly an upgrade for SQ?

Look forward to some reviews and if possible comparison to last gen.

outoftheknow

Really interesting price point, but whyyyyy only offer 1 hdmi?
HDMI switches do work, but are an unnecessary hassle.
They don’t offer any HDMI input as far as I can see in the specs?

There is a mention of multiroom functionality so presumably a sub and satellite speakers could be added wirelessly if they wanted to. That would make sense at the price point for this brand.

Still it looks like a quality 3.1.2 Atmos soundbar and I doubt there will be an owners thread on here with hundreds of pages of issues. Well hopefully not anyway :)

D

Deleted member 929490

Available here:

steve iow

Available here:

I don’t think it’s in stock yet

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Style over substance :)

flexemavs

Style over substance :)
Sadly I think this is the problem. I bought it, tried it, and returned it. And frankly I was kind of miffed that I fell for the hype. The lack of connectivity options etc. I could live with if it had sounded amazing. It just didn't. At least Sonos gives you the option to do the bar only, or bar and sub, etc. The goal of this was simplicity and I get that. It didn't sound any better than a Vizio or similar that would cost half as much.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow