NEWS: Bowers & Wilkins launches new Zeppelin music streaming system

andycc72

My friend has asked for some advise on getting a wireless speakers. He had the old version of the Zeppelin.

Does anyone have an opinion as to what would sound best out of this Zeppelin and the QAcoustic M20 in a small flat front room?

Last edited:

fordster

B&W has always been a ”premium” brand but £699 for a WiFi speaker? Admittedly it is cheaper than the Formation Wedge (and presumably a replacement?) which did sound very good based on a very brief listen. I know not everyone wants (or has room for) a hifi system but it seems too expensive to me.

Danial

I don’t think it’s intended as a replacement for the Wedge, since it sits in the Formation line, which is touted as for use in multi-room streaming. Having said that, it feels a bit odd to have two products that on the face of it serve the same purpose.

terencejames

For God sake. I've hung on to my old Zep for years and only recently replaced it with a couple of Sonos ones. Wish I'd have waited now because the Zeppelin is miles better in every department.

t-force

No mention as to whether this is Roon ready, which is slightly strange, given that the Formation range is all Roon ready. Maybe this is trying to differentiate, and keep it separate from Formation, or perhaps it's planned for later.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom