NEWS: BluOS to integrate Amazon Music HD

Will it play the tracks at the correct frequency [44.1, 96, 192 KHz] based on the actual song or will it do what it has been doing on all Windows, Mac OS, iOS systems which is to falsely upscale everything?

This is the biggest complaint about the service and why so many users after trying Amazon Music HD have gone back to TIDAL HI FI.

I expect you have some contacts with NAD, so can you do us a favour and find out about how BlueOS and Amazon Music HD will hand this implementation, since you also published this article and opened up a discussion.

thanks.

I'd be interested in confirmation on this as well.

I'm using BluOS with Amazon Music HD at the moment, and the fact that the app shows 'HR' for 24 bit files, 'CD' for 16/44.1 and no logo for anything lower led me to believe that it was dealing with the files correctly, but I can't tell for sure.

It's certainly annoying that the other devices can't do it properly.

I'd be interested in confirmation on this as well.

I'm using BluOS with Amazon Music HD at the moment, and the fact that the app shows 'HR' for 24 bit files, 'CD' for 16/44.1 and no logo for anything lower led me to believe that it was dealing with the files correctly, but I can't tell for sure.

It's certainly annoying that the other devices can't do it properly.
Yes and the information on actual playing sample rate has been totally incorrect by Amazon HD App on Windows, Mac OS and iOS.

BluOS does report what it's playing, but you need to go to Diagnostics in the app and delve a little in the logs. But it has been completely correct since the last update a couple of days after the AMHD service launched (pre update was sticking at a 24/96 max).

I'm using a Node 2i and I've checked tracks now from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and all good.

BluOS does report what it's playing, but you need to go to Diagnostics in the app and delve a little in the logs. But it has been completely correct since the last update a couple of days after the AMHD service launched (pre update was sticking at a 24/96 max).

I'm using a Node 2i and I've checked tracks now from 16/44.1 to 24/192 and all good.
Thank you. What version is the new update. I know there was iOS update a few days ago in Germany, but not received in UK yet. This means Amazon is not rolling out updates in EU at the same day in each Country.

Thank you. What version is the new update. I know there was iOS update a few days ago in Germany, but not received in UK yet. This means Amazon is not rolling out updates in EU at the same day in each Country.
iOS version 9.1.4 rolled out today.

Last edited:
My Node 2i is running 3.4.24, this update I think was the one that came out literally a day or so after the HD service launched. - I took out the HD service on the day it launched in the UK and was curious to hear a 24/192 track, so searched for one via the Amazon Music app and then proceeded to find and play it via BluOS - however noted that in the BluOS diagnostic logs it only showed 24/96. The next day however an update to my Node 2i was ready and since then it has played correctly with no upscaling or downscaling of tracks, including now 24/192.

Not that it makes a difference, but my controlling app versions are:
Android: 3.4.2 build 2139
iPadOS: 3.4.4
macOS: 3.4.9.

I just checked and it is still on 9.1.3 on iPad. No updates available. In uk..
I’m in the UK and my iPhone and iPad are 9.1.4 on both devices.

Just listening to David Elias Crossing on Amazon Music via Node 2i, its listed as multi channel so I am using coax or optical o/p on Node 2i into my AVR but only shows 2.0 PCM on AVR. Effectively the Node 2i is acting as a digital head unit , I would expect more than stereo so can only think that Amazon are'nt sending a multi-channel signal?
The quality is superb in stereo I have to say & comparing the subtle difference between using the digital or analogue o/ps on the 2i is very interesting, I cant make up my mind which I prefer . . .
Analog o/p is a very easy listen that just sounds right, I'll stick with that for now.

I've just activated the 90 day free trial on Amazon HD - had a listen and it sounds pretty good. Haven't done a direct comparison between Ultra HD and MQA yet...

However, the BluOS controller app - as usual - is very clunky when browsing Amazon music, the Amazon desktop app is much better. Is there a way to use the Amazon desktop app and stream to the BluOS device? What is everyone doing in terms of browsing and selecting music (I'm on a PC).

Yes I'm finding Amazon music control is not very intuitive via the Bluos app, sometimes going round in circles to find basic things, still looking how to delete playlists etc. I have 2 different playlists one in the Bluos menus & another in Amazon music via Bluos which initially confused me until I thought about it for a while. Still havent found a way to nominate favourite tracks/albums ....

Browsing the BluOS forums it looks like a problem with the amazon API supplied to 3rd parties to integrate. The iOS version feels better, but still lacking.

My Node 2i is running 3.4.24, this update I think was the one that came out literally a day or so after the HD service launched. - I took out the HD service on the day it launched in the UK and was curious to hear a 24/192 track, so searched for one via the Amazon Music app and then proceeded to find and play it via BluOS - however noted that in the BluOS diagnostic logs it only showed 24/96. The next day however an update to my Node 2i was ready and since then it has played correctly with no upscaling or downscaling of tracks, including now 24/192.

Not that it makes a difference, but my controlling app versions are:
Android: 3.4.2 build 2139
iPadOS: 3.4.4
macOS: 3.4.9.
Could you tell me how you check the stream (24/96 - 24/192) please?

The only way to check is in the logs. Help>Diagnostics>More

You the need to find the entry in there. Have attached a screenshot, put an arrow on but it's white & can't work out how to change the colour...:thumbsdow
20191104_181421.jpg

The stream codec - in the case above 192000/24/2. I see it, many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom