NEWS: BBC licence fee to be scrapped in 2027

This is a shame for those of us who still rate their output, it’s not perfect but it still has its merits.
The younger generation however, don’t really sit down and watch tv in the same way. They download everything so I’m not surprised this is happening.
BBC Three is lousy overall. BBC One and sports is really stupid moving between BBC One and BBC Two sometimes. During the World Cup, moving BBC One programs to BBC Two was also stupid. Just leave the BBC One programs on BBC One and broadcast the sports on BBC Two. Everyone who has BBC One has BBC Two.

One good program that started yesterday is the 3rd season of His Dark Materials. It's on iPlayer in UHD/HDR with all episodes dropping at once.

BBC Three is lousy overall. BBC One and sports is really stupid moving between BBC One and BBC Two sometimes. During the World Cup, moving BBC One programs to BBC Two was also stupid. Just leave the BBC One programs on BBC One and broadcast the sports on BBC Two. Everyone who has BBC One has BBC Two.
I’m a fan of BBC4.

I cant remember me ever watching BBC 3.
There seems a higher achey, sport trumps all BBC 1 programs, BBC 1 programs trumps BBC 2 programs.
I don't know what happened Sunday as there was a film running on BBC 2 that finished at 6.10pm the main news and local news was on till 6.10pm when Countryfile came on 6.10pm

As you say just put the sport on BBC 2.

I cant remember me ever watching BBC 3.
There seems a higher achey, sport trumps all BBC 1 programs, BBC 1 programs trumps BBC 2 programs.
I don't know what happened Sunday as there was a film running on BBC 2 that finished at 6.10pm the main news and local news was on till 6.10pm when Countryfile came on 6.10pm

As you say just put the sport on BBC 2.
I've changed my mind on BBC 2 for Sports. I now say to put Sports on BBC Three as there's nothing good on BBC Three and as it doesn't start until 7pm, some of the time nothing would be interrupted.

I've changed my mind on BBC 2 for Sports. I now say to put Sports on BBC Three as there's nothing good on BBC Three and as it doesn't start until 7pm, some of the time nothing would be interrupted.
I said Two as the TV listings do the main 5 and then the rest in small so they may say people would miss them. Three would be better in a perfect world.
The other day not satisfied with all the World Cup and Women's matches the even stuck an other non league match on where again looked more people on the pitch than in the stands and that not a joke.
As for running them on Three or Four for years I been wondering why Four was not shown in my region in HD but squirreled away in the SD channels when they could have transmitted on their HD children HD channels when it shut down.
When BBC1 ends for the night the join the BBC News Channel so why did they do it when the were not transmitting Four in HD to all regions.

Doesn't BBC Three & Four share its transmission with CBeebies & CBBC? Therefore, they're unable to show programs during the day.

Doesn't BBC Three & Four share its transmission with CBeebies & CBBC? Therefore, they're unable to show programs during the day.
Looks as though your right as BBC 4 just coming up blank at present, although up to BBC 4 going on channel 106 in my area for many years 5+ nothing was being broadcast on CBeebies & CBBC them channels after their programs finished so took were not the same transmission.

I had to smile at a letter in Newswatch on a topic the BBC are always doing they have reporters/correspondents on the ground who well versed in their area and then fly someone out round the world to trump them.

Why fly Katie Razzall out to L.A. when you have have Emma Vardy, Peter Bows, and Tom Brook and others already there. Your extravigans with public money remains staggering.

I also note that they got rid of some regular news presenters but at weekend must have seen nearly 10 presentes I've never seen before.

I also note that they got rid of some regular news presenters but at weekend must have seen nearly 10 presentes I've never seen before.
I think that’s because they closed a lot of regional news rooms & shed a lot of staff who used to do the local BBC news at 1:30pm & 6:30pm.
The remaining regional staff have joined the regional news rooms that remain, which now cover a larger area.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom