NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Anyone else experiencing a delay in the stage turning on when you turn on the Apple TV4K? It takes about 20 seconds for the stage to come on! The Apple TV4K is not connected to the HDMI on the stage but to the tv - LG E8 OLED.

Anyone else experiencing a delay in the stage turning on when you turn on the Apple TV4K? It takes about 20 seconds for the stage to come on! The Apple TV4K is not connected to the HDMI on the stage but to the tv - LG E8 OLED.
Unfortunately I have my ATV4k connected directly to the Stage, but I know the ATV is slow at starting up (well mine is), so maybe that's why the Stage isn't coming on immediately due to not receiving a signal quick enough? Just a thought.

Unfortunately I have my ATV4k connected directly to the Stage, but I know the ATV is slow at starting up (well mine is), so maybe that's why the Stage isn't coming on immediately due to not receiving a signal quick enough? Just a thought.

seems to happen with the PS5 too. Maybe there’s a quick start feature on the stage?

seems to happen with the PS5 too. Maybe there’s a quick start feature on the stage?
I don't believe so, it's not something I have come across.
I can't even get my PS5 to switch my TV on yet! 😒

Probably a stupid question, but have you updated the Stage to the latest firmware version?

Probably a stupid question, but have you updated the Stage to the latest firmware version?

Yes, it’s updated to the latest firmware. So when you turn your devices on does the stage instantly turn on and sound is heard through it?

Yes, it’s updated to the latest firmware. So when you turn your devices on does the stage instantly turn on and sound is heard through it?
mines connected to my tv via earc, takes about 6 secs to start outputting sound via this route.

Pretty much yes.
My TV has arc, not earc (just for reference)

I have a delay with my Apple TV 4k, of about 6 seconds or so, which seems to stem from the video settings 'Dynamic range matching’ and ‘Frame rate matching’. It seems as if the Stage has a delay while the ATV takes a few seconds to figure out what video setting to use. Once it does, I get sound. That wouldn't explain your PS4 issue.

I don't believe so, it's not something I have come across.
I can't even get my PS5 to switch my TV on yet! 😒
PS5??? Lucky you :) my preorder back in September was cancelled. But made a new one and hopefully arrives in December.
Is the stage good at gaming sound 🤣 you can feel the bullets 🤣👍

Good morning, I also plan to buy a Beosound Stage. I have my 65-inch TV hanging on a Vogels’s Thin 550 and the intention is to have the Beosound Stage below it. I wonder if it still sounds just as good.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Good morning, I also plan to buy a Beosound Stage. I have my 65-inch TV hanging on a Vogels’s Thin 550 and the intention is to have the Beosound Stage below it. I wonder if it still sounds just as good.

Greetings from the Netherlands
well, every room and setting creates its own challenges to a speaker, however if the basics of said speaker are implemented properly then the overall sound quality stands a better chance to shine.
the postion you mention should be fine and i guess you have no further options, so it will be a case of suck it and see.
the Stage does offer extremely good quality sound out put which is a good starting point so i suspect you will be pleased.

Ok thanks for the answer. I read that the Beosound Stage produces quite a lot of bass, including vibrations. I don't know how this affects the sound when it is mounted on a bracket under my TV. This is not nearly as stable as on a wall or lying on a piece of furniture. Are there no people here who mounted it similarly?

Ok thanks for the answer. I read that the Beosound Stage produces quite a lot of bass, including vibrations. I don't know how this affects the sound when it is mounted on a bracket under my TV. This is not nearly as stable as on a wall or lying on a piece of furniture. Are there no people here who mounted it similarly?
Mine is mounted on my tv stand with tape, you'll be just fine. It hasent falling down up until now

PS5??? Lucky you :) my preorder back in September was cancelled. But made a new one and hopefully arrives in December.
Is the stage good at gaming sound 🤣 you can feel the bullets 🤣👍
Yes, I was fortunate enough to get my order in with Amazon, whilst others were struggling to get on their site.
First time ever in the history of my previous playstation orders that it arrived at 9.30am and I couldn't set it up due to work!!!

In relation to sound, I prefer my old 5.1 setup for gaming, but the Stage still offers decent sound. However I will be using the PS headset in the near future, which will please my wife! 😉

Hi,
I've read this (entire!) thread with interest, as I'm considering the Beosound Stage for my living room.
I've recently tried, and sent back, a Dali Katch One, due to an issue with the bluetooth connection to my turntable. Shame, as it was a nice sounding and looking soundbar. A bit of Googling for other options then led me to the Stage, but I'd like to know what the bluetooth connectivity is like, as in what the quality is like, and how reliable is the connection (the problem with the Katch One was that it kept dropping the connection, but only to my turntable - all other devices were fine, and Dali couldn't offer a reason or solution sadly).
I don't think the Stage supports Bluetooth aptX, which I'd hoped for as the turntable supports it, but will this be a major loss of quality?
It'll also be connected to a Samsung 2020 65" Frame - anyone one else have a similar set-up that could say how effective it is?
Cheers for any input!

i run mine with a 2019 samsung connected via earc, i did as a trial connected it to the tv via blutooth but it didnt sound as good so using a hdmi lead.
Re blutooth i stream from alexa never had a drop out issue always been super stable for me. playing music this way is very good, have a/b against a pioneer bluray player playing a cd and not far behind quality wise.

I timed how the Soundstage comes on/sound heard from when I hit the power button on my Sky Q remote- 22 seconds!!! That seems really poor. Anyone else have this issue? My tv is a LG E8 OLED.

just timed mine 7 seconds ( diffent tv to you), so is it the stage thats faulty ?, or possibly the implementation of earc cec through the tv you have?
Have you tried the stage with a direct signal to rule it out for been slow?

The LG E8 has ARC not earc not sure how much of a difference earc will provide. Thinking about changing to the LG CX which will have earc so it won’t matter that my UHD player is plugged directly to the stage or not for uncompressed sound so will see if that fixes it. Don’t want to go messing with cables - plugging Sky Q directly to Soundstage. It seems to delay on my other devices too - Apple TV4K and PS5. I have sent logs and raised a ticket with B&O directly.

Is anybody else having the issue whereby when the TV is turned off, the Stage starts to play a random foreign radio station via TuneIn at high volume - usually German? I’ve seen something similar mentioned in here before but not for a while.

Happens at least a couple of times a week to me and I can’t for the life of me work out why!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom