NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Saw the same but since a couple of weeks I mainly use the Shield because Kodi is way more customizable and I can also incorporate my music collection.

It's very strange. With YouTube app no problem LPCM, same for Disney+
With Netflix when I am in the main menu and trailer are running (in French version) audio is LCPM but if I start the movie then switch to PCM ?! I try a movie in English and atmos is ok. It's look like Netflix French language is stuck in PCM. I am going to try if audio is LPCM with movie in English
At the end it's not a Stage problem at all o_O

It's very strange. With YouTube app no problem LPCM, same for Disney+
With Netflix when I am in the main menu and trailer are running (in French version) audio is LCPM but if I start the movie then switch to PCM ?! I try a movie in English and atmos is ok. It's look like Netflix French language is stuck in PCM. I am going to try if audio is LPCM with movie in English
At the end it's not a Stage problem at all o_O
Check what version of Netflix you are currently running. On the Apple 4k av forum posts, they state the following:
"Netflix app has been updated to 2.1.17"

So you may need to uninstall and reinstall Netflix.

Latest update on my long (ish) running issue with low rumbling noises with speech.

I was contacted by B&O support a week or so ago to tell me that they have fixed the problem and have created a new firmware update (2.2.40830).

They pushed this out to my Stage earlier on in the week and so far so good - the problem seems to have been rectified. They also told me that the update would be released 'to the market' next week so you've all got that to look forward to! I don't have any release notes or further information though.
Has anybody other than @mattrhall received this update yet? I still experience this issue intermittently. Not to the extent I used to, but now and again.

Mine is
19D82F18-F580-4578-9CB9-A6F239AB2F9B.jpeg

Rtings.com have finally released there review of the Stage, as i expected they didnt like it describing it as boxy sounding and lacking bass ( they didnt score the Ambeo particularly highly either so clearly are not fans of one box soundbars.)
As we all know the stage offers an open dynamic sound with oodles of bass , so im not sure what they use for ears.
However thats there opinion , which they are entitled to have, of course. Thankfully there expirience is not mine.

Rtings.com have finally released there review of the Stage, as i expected they didnt like it describing it as boxy sounding and lacking bass ( they didnt score the Ambeo particularly highly either so clearly are not fans of one box soundbars.)
As we all know the stage offers an open dynamic sound with oodles of bass , so im not sure what they use for ears.
However thats there opinion , which they are entitled to have, of course. Thankfully there expirience is not mine.
I guess they do not like good sound 😉

It's alright, the Arc 5.1 system is the best 5.1 soundbar system they've ever heard, despite scoring worse than the Beam on it's own...go figure...

The Beam is high end apparently :eek: :D

20201009_182530.jpg

Last edited:
It's alright, the Arc 5.1 system is the best 5.1 soundbar system they've ever heard, despite scoring worse than the Beam on it's own...go figure...

View attachment 1378842

View attachment 1378842
and the bose is better made? thats the joy of reviewers they all have widely differing opinions.

The reviews are helpful, but if you already have the B&O Stage and are enjoying it there is no point in getting caught up in the reviews and scores. As a full package, I think the B&O Sage still offers a superior experience compared to the other soundbars currently out in the market.

I just stumbled on the lip sync feature in the app over the weekend - helped me to sort out a troublesome YouView box. Has that always been there? I could swear I'd never seen it before

I just stumbled on the lip sync feature in the app over the weekend - helped me to sort out a troublesome YouView box. Has that always been there? I could swear I'd never seen it before
Aye it’s been there some time now

OK, thanks. I was wondering if it was something to do with the new firmware. Very handy feature anyway. Only complaint would be that it's a bit difficult to find.
Agreed not something thats apparant at all.

Not seen any thus far.

Seriously considering getting one of these. Not overly bothered about Atmos (I currently live in a flat so not ideal for a full fat sound). Currently trying to decide between this and a pair of KEF LSX speakers. Would be using for music, general TV watching and movies.

Its a great soundbar, however thats my opinion you really need to try to listen to your choices and decide. Under uk law if you buy on the internet you have to option to return items withinn 14 days so thats one way to do it, or have a friendly retailer that would loan you some gear.

Latest update on my long (ish) running issue with low rumbling noises with speech.

I was contacted by B&O support a week or so ago to tell me that they have fixed the problem and have created a new firmware update (2.2.40830).

They pushed this out to my Stage earlier on in the week and so far so good - the problem seems to have been rectified. They also told me that the update would be released 'to the market' next week so you've all got that to look forward to! I don't have any release notes or further information though.

Today my Stage was updates to 2.2.40830
Will check tonight when watching television if the problem is solved. (I’m from the Netherlands so don’t know if this important for the roll out of the FW)

Will check tonight when watching television if the problem is solved. (I’m from the Netherlands so don’t know if this important for the roll out of the FW)
Fingers crossed...

It seems that version is also now available for me (in the UK).
I purposely haven't updated my Stages yet.

It seems that version is also now available for me (in the UK).
I purposely haven't updated my Stages yet.
upgraded mine last night. As i didnt have any audible problems that i had noticed, for me nothing has changed.

upgraded mine last night. As i didnt have any audible problems that i had noticed, for me nothing has changed.
Yeah I have the attitude of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
I will probably update at some "stage", but not yet.

Yeah I have the attitude of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
I will probably update at some "stage", but not yet.
After my stage (which suffered with the exact same issue) was 'fixed', the issue went from a daily occurrence to perhaps once per week. I updated last night and so far so good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom