NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Since yesterday I own also a great B&O Stage and I'm very pleased with sound (for now used in table stand modes but will see if wall modes is even better).

I have connected my digital tv decoder directly to my tv (Panasonic FZ800 OLED) and the ATV 4K to the Stage and that is where the problem starts.

All my equipment is controlled by a Logitech Harmony Elite and because the Stage uses ARC of the tv the Logitech is also controlling the sound volume of the Stage so this is great!

The picture and sound is perfect from the ATV but the Stage isn't switching to the HDMI input of the Stage itself even if I wait for 5 minutes or so.
To be able to have the ATV on screen I need to putt the tv and Stage in Standby and power it up and then after some waiting the screen is there.

I have Vierra link on in the Panasonic and everything is working fine except this.

Is it better to connect the ATV to my TV and then the tv decoder to the Stage? (can only use 2 of the 4 HDMI's of my tv becuase it's hanging on the wall :( )
I have my ATV4k hdmi to stage hdmi arc to tv sony.
I have no problem. I use atv4k remote. In atv4k settings did you check parameters same things in tv setting cec switch off and on. With Sony you can select on off or both.
A question was it ok with atv hdmi to your tv without the stage. CEC was working ?
Did you check that your atv is updated ?
I have at4k. Is cec available for previous gen ? Not sure.

atv hdmi to your tv and then stage to your tv you will lost atmos and lpcm flow

I have my ATV4k hdmi to stage hdmi arc to tv sony.
I have no problem. I use atv4k remote. In atv4k settings did you check parameters same things in tv setting cec switch off and on. With Sony you can select on off or both.
A question was it ok with atv hdmi to your tv without the stage. CEC was working ?
Did you check that your atv is updated ?
I have at4k. Is cec available for previous gen ? Not sure.

atv hdmi to your tv and then stage to your tv you will lost atmos and lpcm flow
Same setup as me and I don't have any issue.

Ok so setting mine up in flat position in front of TV and TV remote control sensor is covered, I stupidly assumed they'd be an IR repeater but that doesn't appear to be the case?

Everything works fine when I dangle and angle the remote in front of it but that's not going to be a practical solution.

I can't reposition Stage or TV so short of buying a stupidly expensive B&O remote, am I in a bit of trouble here?

Edit: Just ordered an IR repeater so that should sort it, arriving tomorrow so will report back.
Got to say music sounds damn good on this from early listenings.

Last edited:
Can you please both post your tv and ATV settings over here, so I can compare and check what I did wrong? Thanks :)
Not sure they will help, especially the TV settings, as mine is a Sony TV.
However, I have attached a couple of photos of the TV and my ATV4k just in case!

To be honest I don't recall having to do much when I plugged the ATV4k directly in to the Stage, it just all worked.

Attachments

• 20200728_192638.jpg
    20200728_192638.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200728_193455.jpg
    20200728_193455.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 64
Ok so setting mine up in flat position in front of TV and TV remote control sensor is covered, I stupidly assumed they'd be an IR repeater but that doesn't appear to be the case?

Everything works fine when I dangle and angle the remote in front of it but that's not going to be a practical solution.

I can't reposition Stage or TV so short of buying a stupidly expensive B&O remote, am I in a bit of trouble here?

Edit: Just ordered an IR repeater so that should sort it, arriving tomorrow so will report back.
Good to hear that you received it all ok.

I was going to say you probably don't have much of a choice unfortunately. I think the IR option is probably the cheapest and quickest solution, without having to move the TV or Stage around!

The sound will only get better. 👍

However, I have attached a couple of photos of the TV and my ATV4k just in case!

To be honest I don't recall having to do much when I plugged the ATV4k directly in to the Stage, it just all worked.
Same settings for me. And as you said when I plugged the atv4k in to Stage it just worked

Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow morning as the wife is watching tv.
Do you put the ATV on standby or so, I only have the screensaver to bump in within 2 minutes not touching the ATV.

Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow morning as the wife is watching tv.
Do you put the ATV on standby or so, I only have the screensaver to bump in within 2 minutes not touching the ATV.
I do put the ATV to sleep once finished with it, albeit the Stage and TV also go in to standby.

When I first put the ATV4k on, there is a slight delay in everything switching on and displaying the ATV, but from what I have read online, it's normal (definitely not 5mins! More seconds, then minutes)

Stage use Bluetooth/rf for the BeoRemote One. The ir repeater will Work. However i use the BeoRemote One, and is very good price managed. How much does the Logitech harmony cost, with no near the same quality :)

all apps is listed on Beoremote one, buildt in Radio/tune in ,Deezer etc.. it’s way more then a remote 😊

I do put the ATV to sleep once finished with it, albeit the Stage and TV also go in to standby.

When I first put the ATV4k on, there is a slight delay in everything switching on and displaying the ATV, but from what I have read online, it's normal (definitely not 5mins! More seconds, then minutes)
Exactly the same for me

Well sadly I think I'm going to return the Stage, as good as it sounds I'm finding niggling things about usage which are going to bother me too much to ignore.

First off the B&O app, it really is a bit of a shambles isn't it with constant freezing requiring a force close before opening again.
On it's own not the end of the world I thought as once things are all set I probably wouldn't have much need to use it but I found other things to be problematic.

I was hoping to be able to control streaming music volume with the TV remote in the same way I can my Beam but this isn't possible (unless I'm missing something?) and so I have to reach for my phone which is a pain.

Being Chromecast enabled I was hoping to send TV sound to a Google Home in the Kitchen for times when the family are flitting between the two rooms but this only seems to be possible when playing music, I guess that's how Chromecast works but again this is a Sonos feature we made extensive use of.
I know you can group with other B&O products but that's yet more money and I don't really want to go there.

Like someone else here I also got a random German classical TuneIn radio station playing on several occasions that was hard to get rid of at times, goodness knows what that's all about as I certainly didn't start it.

All in all a bit gutting as the bar really does sound great but I know it would end up driving me and the family nuts compared to what was before so I think that's me done.
Oh well, there's always the hope Sonos might get their act together again but I'm not holding my breath.
:(

Last edited:

My settings where the same but I think I have solved the problem :)
Normally I don’t use the ATV remote but when I press the Menu button suddenly the Stage is changing to the correct input.

I now programmed my Logitech remote that when I want to watch ATV that after 5 seconds it will send a press of the “menu” button and yes it’s working like a charm!

And I have replaced the delivered HDMI cable by a better one.

Will do some more testing today after the STB table stand arrives and will let you know the outcome.
Thanks guys!

Hi, i use a repeater bought on Amz for a few pounds does the job perfectly.

My settings where the same but I think I have solved the problem :)
Normally I don’t use the ATV remote but when I press the Menu button suddenly the Stage is changing to the correct input.

I now programmed my Logitech remote that when I want to watch ATV that after 5 seconds it will send a press of the “menu” button and yes it’s working like a charm!

And I have replaced the delivered HDMI cable by a better one.

Will do some more testing today after the STB table stand arrives and will let you know the outcome.
Thanks guys!
Hey, smashing, happy days.

Well sadly I think I'm going to return the Stage, as good as it sounds I'm finding niggling things about usage which are going to bother me too much to ignore.

First off the B&O app, it really is a bit of a shambles isn't it with constant freezing requiring a force close before opening again.
On it's own not the end of the world I thought as once things are all set I probably wouldn't have much need to use it but I found other things to be problematic.

I was hoping to be able to control streaming music volume with the TV remote in the same way I can my Beam but this isn't possible (unless I'm missing something?) and so I have to reach for my phone which is a pain.

Being Chromecast enabled I was hoping to send TV sound to a Google Home in the Kitchen for times when the family are flitting between the two rooms but this only seems to be possible when playing music, I guess that's how Chromecast works but again this is a Sonos feature we made extensive use of.
I know you can group with other B&O products but that's yet more money and I don't really want to go there.

Like someone else here I also got a random German classical TuneIn radio station playing on several occasions that was hard to get rid of at times, goodness knows what that's all about as I certainly didn't start it.

All in all a bit gutting as the bar really does sound great but I know it would end up driving me and the family nuts compared to what was before so I think that's me done.
Oh well, there's always the hope Sonos might get their act together again but I'm not holding my breath.
Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.
What device are you using the app on? I use it on Android and don't have an issue with its performance and certainly haven't had it freezing up. I realise this doesn't help you, but I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning this. Maybe your phone / tablet just needs some memory cleared?

I must admit I have never tried adjusting the volume when streaming music, but I guess it makes sense that it wouldn't work if you are not running it through the tv at that time.

Good luck on whatever you decide :smashin:

Sorry to hear of your issues, re the app, never had a moments issue with it on any level, i use an old iphone 6+, i would uninstall the app and reload it to see if that works, worth a shot?
If i play Amazon music through my tv i can adjust volume using the tv remote, that might not be what you mean of course.
Regarding streaming music around the house i have several devices in different rooms a couple of libratone zipps, i use Airplay which the stage and libratone support to do this works like a charm have tried it? you can adjust volume via the app.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.
What device are you using the app on? I use it on Android and don't have an issue with its performance and certainly haven't had it freezing up. I realise this doesn't help you, but I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning this. Maybe your phone / tablet just needs some memory cleared?

I'm using a OnePlus 7T which has 8GB RAM so plenty of available memory, I tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app a couple of times but with no improvement.
Looking at reviews on Play store hoping to find a solution I was suprised to see how most of the recent ones were pretty negative so maybe it wasn't always like this, it's good everything works well for you though.

I think most of my issues with the device (apart from the ubiquitous German opera singer) would be solved by the addition of a B&O remote and M3 speaker for the kitchen but I can't justify (or afford) nearly £600 to solve what are effectively first world problems.

I'm looking at it on the sofa now, putting off boxing it all up again but I need another cup of tea first!

I'm using a OnePlus 7T which has 8GB RAM so plenty of available memory, I tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app a couple of times but with no improvement.
Looking at reviews on Play store hoping to find a solution I was suprised to see how most of the recent ones were pretty negative so maybe it wasn't always like this, it's good everything works well for you though.

I think most of my issues with the device (apart from the ubiquitous German opera singer) would be solved by the addition of a B&O remote and M3 speaker for the kitchen but I can't justify (or afford) nearly £600 to solve what are effectively first world problems.

I'm looking at it on the sofa now, putting off boxing it all up again but I need another cup of tea first!
What a shame and sorry to see you go but good luck with what ever products you do select. Tyson might do you a deal lol? Assume you got it from them?

If i play Amazon music through my tv i can adjust volume using the tv remote, that might not be what you mean of course.
Regarding streaming music around the house i have several devices in different rooms a couple of libratone zipps, i use Airplay which the stage and libratone support to do this works like a charm have tried it? you can adjust volume via the app.

Yeah playing music through a TV app would 100% solve the remote issue but I don't really want to have the TV on all the time as a workaround, sadly no Airplay options for me either being an Android user.

Yeah playing music through a TV app would 100% solve the remote issue but I don't really want to have the TV on all the time as a workaround, sadly no Airplay options for me either being an Android user.
It have cromecast audio, could you use that instead of having the tv on when playing music?

works here :)

It have cromecast audio, could you use that instead of having the tv on when playing music?

works here :)

Yes that's how I was sending music to it but then I'm back where we came in with not being able to use my TV remote to adjust volume.

The more I read back what I've written the more pathetic I sound, sorry about that folks!

Yes that's how I was sending music to it but then I'm back where we came in with not being able to use my TV remote to adjust volume.

The more I read back what I've written the more pathetic I sound, sorry about that folks!
bluetooth learning remote? The beo remote is lovely but expensive which is why i dont own one, however i cant beleive that the b&o codes can not be easily replicated in a 10 quid learning remote.

bluetooth learning remote? The beo remote is lovely but expensive which is why i dont own one, however i cant beleive that the b&o codes can not be easily replicated in a 10 quid learning remote.

Haha you say that but I wouldn't be suprised if the Bluetooth is wrapped in some propriety format though either way I'd need to get one in only to return it again, further adding to my ongoing catalogue of self-pity!

Nope you don’t sound pathetic, it needs to work properly :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom