NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Actually a reasonable price for a B&O product. The sound parts of their TVs are genuinely superb, and doubt this will be different.

But interesting play for them, pricing it relatively modestly for them, hoping to appeal to the broader market, not just those B&O diehards, give it can be used with any TV.

With this years LG's (and going forward), B&O's Tv remote can be used with the soundbar / LG combo, and their remote still puts the rest to shame.

is this 3.0, like the sonos playbar? Or can is it capable of emulating 3.1/5.1?

Also wonder if this has DTS support.

Looks amazing and could go next to my new Samsung Frame in the kitchen but concerned about the lack of Voice Assistant..

is this 3.0, like the sonos playbar? Or can is it capable of emulating 3.1/5.1?

Also wonder if this has DTS support.

The spec sheet doesn't show DTS, though quite often the spec sheet is a bit inaccurate initially. It has inbuilt TuneIn for example, though its missing from the spec sheet.

As for 3.1/5.1, its a more standalone sound bar - I dont believe other speakers an be added on. That may sound limiting, but B&O's sound capabilities (in this case, some multi channel-ness and spatial Atmos soundstage) are usually pretty impressive.

I really thought this would be more expensive than the Sennheiser Ambeo. Interesting.

I really thought this would be more expensive than the Sennheiser Ambeo. Interesting.

Agreed, though it may only be comparable spec wise to a degree. Surely the Amber has more HDMI ports I'm guessing, which matters to some I suppose. And the B&O Stage is designed as a stand alone sound bar, not really expandable with a sub or rears.

But it will have a market still, and has plenty of streaming options built in. And the added advantage for LG C/E 9 owners that the marvellous B&O Tv remote can be used to control it, the LG, and any connected devices.

Am really tempted by this, when moved house had to resort to a stereo set up from my previous 5.1. Miss having more submersive sound when watching films

"Looks Amazing". It's a rectangular box for God's sake, not a work of Art.
Some people think the Robin Reliant looks amazing! Don't knock people's personal opinions on whether something looks amazing or not.

No problem, thanks.

There's a decent (if not comprehensive) review by B&O Manchester on YT.
Supposed to sound superb, and for B&O actually not absurdly priced at 1250.

An added attraction is the ability to use the B&O (TV) remote if you partner the Stage with a C9 (and possibly other 2019 LG's I think).

There's a decent (if not comprehensive) review by B&O Manchester on YT.
Supposed to sound superb, and for B&O actually not absurdly priced at 1250.

An added attraction is the ability to use the B&O (TV) remote if you partner the Stage with a C9 (and possibly other 2019 LG's I think).
Thanks, I watched that last night. I was kind of hoping they would have played something (which I realise wouldn't be a true way of listening to it), but alas they didn't.
I then watched another new YT after this, however what they played music wise was utter garbage!

I guess I will have to wait for a decent review to come out or pop down to my local B&O shop.

Thanks, I watched that last night. I was kind of hoping they would have played something (which I realise wouldn't be a true way of listening to it), but alas they didn't.
I then watched another new YT after this, however what they played music wise was utter garbage!

I guess I will have to wait for a decent review to come out or pop down to my local B&O shop.

2nd half of this may help a bit, subject to the usual caveats....

second

2nd half of this may help a bit, subject to the usual caveats....

second

That's the second one I watched :)
I wasn't impressed with their demo music (if that's what it was called - no offence to anyone, but it didn't exactly show off the unit).

No subwoofer out is a real shame imho.

I'm sure it sounds pretty good without, but a sub can add so much more.

I have a large room at 7m x 7m with pretty tall ceilings. I have struggled to get a full warm sound in that room with some seriously capable speakers on their own with no sub.
Speakers that are rated at -3db at 30hz and been a bit too bassy in my other room, 7m x 4m, have sounded very bass light in that room.
A sub just gives you so much more versatility.

For me, this could have been a perfect, keep it neat solution, a way to lose all the boxes. I ran a Beovison 8 for ages with just the soundbar built into the TV and a sub connected to the TV, plenty good enough for music too. Without the sub though it just didn't quite cut it.

Are these out yet? I will definitely try one.

No subwoofer out is a real shame imho.

I'm sure it sounds pretty good without, but a sub can add so much more.

I have a large room at 7m x 7m with pretty tall ceilings. I have struggled to get a full warm sound in that room with some seriously capable speakers on their own with no sub.
Speakers that are rated at -3db at 30hz and been a bit too bassy in my other room, 7m x 4m, have sounded very bass light in that room.
A sub just gives you so much more versatility.

For me, this could have been a perfect, keep it neat solution, a way to lose all the boxes. I ran a Beovison 8 for ages with just the soundbar built into the TV and a sub connected to the TV, plenty good enough for music too. Without the sub though it just didn't quite cut it.

Are these out yet? I will definitely try one.

Believe me, the fact this has no external bass option (that I am aware of) is something I have thought long and hard over, albeit not due to room size.

They are available to see and listen to in the local B&O stores, but not available to buy immediately.
I plan to listen to one in the next couple of weeks to see how it fairs.

I will go and have a listen this week.

Yeah, popped into B&O Windsor yesterday and had a quick listen.

For the size it was pretty impressive, however, it does sound like a unit with small bass drivers producing bass though cleaver design, rather than a true effortless bass you get with a nice 8-10" driver.

It reminded me of a pair of Sonos Play 5's, which is not a bad thing. But I would personally want to be able to plug my sub in it.
I 'might' grab one for my sitting room, but it would not fill my main roof.

They had it all connected up to an LG C9 Oled, and with the Beoremote one it will all feel very B&O.

Great idea, loverly design and sounds good, but lack of sub out for me is a real shame.

I guess for the size, we can't expect miracles. Part of me was kind of hoping you were going to say the bass was pretty good, but not enough for your size of room.
I plan to listen to one on Monday, but as you have already pointed out I am not expecting it to fullfil my requirements. Although it would be nice to be proven wrong, but after watching a film last night with a sub, it's going to have to be one hell of a soundbar.

Otherwise like you, it could be a replacement for my old lab 6000 speakers in another room.....;)

Yeah, popped into B&O Windsor yesterday and had a quick listen.

For the size it was pretty impressive, however, it does sound like a unit with small bass drivers producing bass though cleaver design, rather than a true effortless bass you get with a nice 8-10" driver.

It reminded me of a pair of Sonos Play 5's, which is not a bad thing. But I would personally want to be able to plug my sub in it.
I 'might' grab one for my sitting room, but it would not fill my main roof.

They had it all connected up to an LG C9 Oled, and with the Beoremote one it will all feel very B&O.

Great idea, loverly design and sounds good, but lack of sub out for me is a real shame.

Bet it's bassier than my Sonos Beam though :eek: I must be easily impressed :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom