NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Hi all, I’ve managed to get the Stage set up with my new LG G1 and sources….all seemingly working fine.

I have two questions which hopefully you can help me with (long covid sufferer meaning my ability, or inability, to focus hinders me somewhat).

Firstly, for my UHD player > LG G1 (eARC) > B&O Stage…do I set audio output to PCM or Bitstream? I should know the answer but thought I’d ask.

Secondly, a bit more techie…on the app, if I tap the power icon I get an option to put the soundbar or all devices into standby. Whichever I choose, the tv also goes into standby?! Is this a “feature” or could they be a menu in the tv that would stop this happening?

as the stage wont support dts if the disc you are playing is dts rather than dolby set out put to pcm, if dolby leave on bitstream.
Assume the stage is connected on the earc port of the tv? so that been the case , earc is quite an intuitive interface and allows you to control aspects such as volume/on /off etc so if you select off then yes things will go into standby.
you could if the tv allows turn off cec in the tvs menus, this may stop it.

Hi @keithwiggins thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Yes, connection is using the eARC port and it all seems to be working pretty seamlessly so far. I couldn’t find anything specific regarding HDMI controls however will have a more in-depth look tomorrow. I just found it strange that the app offered two standby options which both produced the same outcome. 😅

FWIW, I posted earlier in the thread regarding connecting a phono pre-amp into the Stage using the 3.5mm line-in input. I’ve done this and it sounds really good IMO. 👍🏻

I am having issues recently with my Beosound Stage disconnecting from wifi. I do a reset with the gear button then re-setup via Google Home and it works for a few weeks then it disconnects again. Has anyone seen this behavior recently?

No they only time i have had a problem is when the network is down, sometimes it reconnects sometimes its a faff, if your networks on when this happens i would contact b&o tech support they can download your logs to find out what is happening.

Having recently moved my tabletop Stage onto the wall underneath my LG C9 I took the time to delve into the app and get things optimised.

I've only just realised that connecting the TV to the stage via ethernet and using the B&O LG app has a real dividend in that it provides individual lip-sync adjustment on a per-input and per app basis. So one can have a different setting on the built in Amazon prime app, versus Netflix, or my Apple TV via HDMI.

Pretty clever stuff ! Here's a photo now it's nailed to the wall :)

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 172
Hi, I have 3 questions as I am about to purchase the B&O Stage.
1). Can I plug my Beogram 8002 turntable to it? 8002-> Cambridge Audio Alva Solo preamp -> Stage AUX using RCA to 3.5mm cable?
2). Does the TV (eARC) need to be on to contol the Stage, if I just want to listen to my turntable (see question above) or I can leave TV off and still contol volume etc?
3). What remote do I need to purchase as it does not come with one?

Just a bit nervous how my Beogram 8002 Turntable sound with the Stage if indeed I can connect to it, will all the processing distort the Audio from the turntable?
Any feedback and responses greatly appreciated!

Hi

1) Yes that’ll work
2) TV can be off even when e-arc connected. No problem there and you can use the stage as a Smart speaker to stream audio, play internet radio or select the AUX input
3) assuming you have a smartphone you can use the B&O app as a remote. B&O One remote will of course work, but perhaps overkill unless using to control other stuff.

if not used the aux on mine , but one can turn off all processing if you are concerned about how that may impact the sound. I’d imagine it should work well.
Hope this helps.

Having recently moved my tabletop Stage onto the wall underneath my LG C9 I took the time to delve into the app and get things optimised.

I've only just realised that connecting the TV to the stage via ethernet and using the B&O LG app has a real dividend in that it provides individual lip-sync adjustment on a per-input and per app basis. So one can have a different setting on the built in Amazon prime app, versus Netflix, or my Apple TV via HDMI.

Pretty clever stuff ! Here's a photo now it's nailed to the wall :)
I use BeoRemote one BT for setup with LG CX. You should check it out to C9 and Stage. Definitely add to the experience

Hi

1) Yes that’ll work
2) TV can be off even when e-arc connected. No problem there and you can use the stage as a Smart speaker to stream audio, play internet radio or select the AUX input
3) assuming you have a smartphone you can use the B&O app as a remote. B&O One remote will of course work, but perhaps overkill unless using to control other stuff.

if not used the aux on mine , but one can turn off all processing if you are concerned about how that may impact the sound. I’d imagine it should work well.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. My Stage arrived today and it was a breeze to get it up and running. Very easily hooked up my Beogram 8002 turntable via the AUX input, sounds phenomenal, zero distortion, far exceeding my expectations. I am blown away by the fact how amazing music sounds on this magical machine. Have not had a chance to watch a movie yet, my record collection has come alive! It is built very well excellent quality. Plenty of Bass for me no need for a sub woofer for my Vinyl listening.

Last edited:
Few additional questions for the larger group here:
1. How well does the beolink multroom feature work?
2. Are there lag issues?
3. If I mount the stage on the wall could I place a beolink multroom speaker by the opposite side of the room about 30 feet away? Or lag between the two will distort the sound quality?
4. Anyone tried something similar with the stage linking another speaker in the same room opposite end?

Few additional questions for the larger group here:
1. How well does the beolink multroom feature work?
2. Are there lag issues?
3. If I mount the stage on the wall could I place a beolink multroom speaker by the opposite side of the room about 30 feet away? Or lag between the two will distort the sound quality?
4. Anyone tried something similar with the stage linking another speaker in the same room opposite end?
Must admit never tried it, is there not a b&o retailer near you? if there is ask for a demo .

Can a Stage owner please do me a favour -

What is the length of the “base” of the soundbar? As in the black bottom of the unit. The top juts out either side making the whole length 110cm but I’m hoping the base is 100cm max as it would fit in between the feet of my TV 😊

TIA

What is the length of the “base” of the soundbar? As in the black bottom of the unit. The top juts out either side making the whole length 110cm but I’m hoping the base is 100cm max as it would fit in between the feet of my TV 😊

TIA
The base black plastic is 40.5 inches. Hope that helps!

TIA
102.7 cm. Sorry for the bad news!

Wanted to check if I will experience any "group playback delay/lag" if I "group" my BeoSound Stage and BeoSound Level (thinking about purchasing). Is the delay experienced for both scenarios
1). while watching a movie on TV or bluray
2). while listening to music

Hi Folks, Wondering if you can help.
Recently added a BeoSound Stage to my LG C1 TV and before the sounbar the TV volume bar had numbers to identify the current volume. Now with the soundar plug in, connected (via eARC) and working the TV audio bar has changed and now only shows the symbols without the numbers. Turn the soundbar off and move the audio back to TV and numbers area. Go back to soundbar and numbers disappear.
Anyone else have this issue? Minor but l like to know the audio number eg 15 etc...

Last edited:
It’s not an issue more an ‘undocumented feature‘ AFAIK (not sure whether it’s LG or B&O tbh). I use mine with an LG G1 and that’s exactly how it works for me.

Hi Folks, Wondering if you can help.
Recently added a BeoSound Stage to my LG C1 TV and before the sounbar the TV volume bar had numbers to identify the current volume. Now with the soundar plug in, connected (via eARC) and working the TV audio bar has changed and now only shows the symbols without the numbers. Turn the soundbar off and move the audio back to TV and numbers area. Go back to soundbar and numbers disappear.
Anyone else have this issue? Minor but l like to know the audio number eg 15 etc...
I have an LG CX and if memory serves me correctly, I had the same issue. To get the numbers back, and a whole host of additional features, download the B&O app on your LGTV and connect the Stage to it with an ethernet cable.

I have an LG CX and if memory serves me correctly, I had the same issue. To get the numbers back, and a whole host of additional features, download the B&O app on your LGTV and connect the Stage to it with an ethernet cable.
There is only a single ethernet port and its used for direct connection to my router

There is only a single ethernet port and its used for direct connection to my router
I can only suggest experimenting with the setup I have and seeing whether it works for you.

My TV is connected to my router via ethernet. My Stage is connected to the router, but I don't know whether that is passed through the ethernet connection to the TV or by WiFi.

The setup I have does open up many additional features. LG and B&O have worked together to have their products work together and this will enable them. Not only will you get the volume numbers, but you can also configure the listening mode for every source independently and use the app as a TV remote. There may be other features too but I don't use those.

I can only suggest experimenting with the setup I have and seeing whether it works for you.

My TV is connected to my router via ethernet. My Stage is connected to the router, but I don't know whether that is passed through the ethernet connection to the TV or by WiFi.

The setup I have does open up many additional features. LG and B&O have worked together to have their products work together and this will enable them. Not only will you get the volume numbers, but you can also configure the listening mode for every source independently and use the app as a TV remote. There may be other features too but I don't use those.
Thanks l will give it a try

I see that a software update is available for me today, version 2.5.47174. Has anybody updated, and/or knows what the changes are?

Mine is completed, it could be placebo but I think the dynamic is back. Currently wolume level is 34 where 39 was normal before.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom